1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Winter's comin.......

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Yardboy, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Yeah, I got a 4x4 in the back holding it up level. Only part that touches is the very front cause it's on a hill. I got some treated 2x4 left I'll go ahead and put one in the front just for good measure. Built the other one today. It sits on level ground so I got 4x4 under each side. The dogs love them. I took the first one apart and went with styrofoam 1 1/2" board insulation in the walls and didn't insulate the floors. I used some thin roll out insulation for the lids. All in all I feel pretty confident about the system I have going on now. Gonna build a couple more next month and I'll have all the dogs in good houses before winter hits. Thanks for all the tips guys. :)

2. Jayhawk

Jayhawk Pup

What the hell happened to Jayhawk???:confused:[/QUOTE]

A case of mistaken identity. anyway glad the houses are working for you I dont know how your weather is but we have had a few hard freezes already but its better than last year we had 2 feet of snow by now

3. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Oh I don't think it's gotten lower than the upper 40s yet. Doesn't get too bad round here till Nov. or even later. Mistaken identity........I figured it might be something like that. I was kicking myself in the ass thinkin I took advice from Padlock. Lol. :)

4. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Thoght I would.bump this thread for the good info it contains.
    I made one, after measurements to blue print,cut it, I slapped it together In less then one hour.
    I used straw, and insalation. Also used left over 2x4 to lift it of ground.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011