1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Winter Kenneling Is A Must

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by kimbel2392, Dec 26, 2004.

1. kimbel2392

kimbel2392 Big Dog

If You Can-

For $500 You Can Build A 12x16 Kennel (non-treated Wood)
    Or About $1000 For A 12x16 Made Of Pressure Treated Wood

Some Spend That Much On A Pup

Front Face Wall Frame Of 2x4's W/ Door Opening Should Be:

6' Highx 12' Wide- 2x4's Spaced 1' Apart

Back Wall:

7' High X 12' Wide

Sides******

Since Roof Will Be Slanted, Top Of Side Walls Will Be Slanted,

6'high Where Front Face Is, With A 1' Rise- 7' High Where Back Wall Is
    By 15 1/2' Wide

Then Wrap It In Plywood, Put A Plywood Roof On Then Metal Roof After. Paint Sides Or Use Vinyl Siding

Go To Salvage Yard And Get An Old Metal Door

Mine Is On A Slab With Electricity

Outside Temp Is 35 Degrees, Inside Is 60 Degrees

2. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

$1000??? for a dog house??? It didnt cost us nearly that much to make something similair..

I picked one up a bit bigger than that, roof shingled, sealed, outside painted and sealed for $125!!

the most expensive part would be the concrete slab..

3. gator

gator Big Dog

That is real cheap where did you get it?

4. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

from a farmer who builds them where I live ..He's got a few different sizes ranging from $50 and up to $125.. my biggest dog fits in the $125 one.

I know someone else who makes them they have a removable top, too that latches down. Really nice when you go to clean them out. He charges anywhere from $50 to $100 depending on what you want .. i have one and modified the top a bit, just put waether stripping around the top and roof for winter so it seals better

5. 5555

5555 Pup

rocksteady,
    i think he ment a kennel and not a dog house. and for 500 u could get a lifetime garunteed kennel from tractor supply that could hold a bear. no chain link all welded rod. im a carpenter and would still rather have the steal, powder coated kennel vs. building a wooden dog stall. same price and takes about 10-20 miutes to set up. the only hard part is having someone help u erect it, and getting it to your spot, they are very heavy but that is good.