1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

William's Ch.Paladin and...

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by F.W.K., Nov 19, 2017.

1. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Agreed.

Bak and I were riding to the mountains of NC once and he did a deep dive, well as deep as Bak would dive, into the Bolio family. We started at what made Rick Rude and ended up on the Kasai male that sired a large chunk of my dogs at the time.

I won't put words in his mouth, but he favored mouth over everything. He had a number of different families and some of those families were not known for mouth but that particular dog could really bite. And a lot of times those dogs are atypical of their family and in turn do not throw themselves. And a large chunk of those dogs he bought as grown/finished dogs.

One of the guys that taught me the most was active back in those days and he was not a fan of Panther and later thought his owner sort of rode the bus of myth and legend on a hard biting, really hard biting 1XW.

Fortunately for me, Panther was bred enough to get to Loca who was then bred to Two Eyes. I knew two old guys (both RIP) who saw Bandit go and they would damn near fist fight over whether he quit or was stopped. It was like don't bring up politics, religion or Mountain Man's Bandit at the Thanksgiving dinner table. But that got to Miss Two Eyes who when bred to Patrick's Kasai got me two of the best dogs I ever owned and one of the best males I have ever seen.

On that deep dive Bak broke down my pedigree as 'one family that is myth, one family that is half legend and half asshole, and one family that no one is using as stand alone dogs when they could'.

Bak said he liked the Paladin dogs because they could bite but he told me that they were dogs that had to be really stood up on in order to truly understand what was in front of you. He then referenced the old Molly Bee dogs I sort of grew up in. The percentages were low but when you had one you could ride up and down the road a with anyone/anywhere. The kicker being you always had to work thru way more curs than keepers. Way more.

I think a lot of the early Paladin and Panther dogs showed that 'freak type' mouth and got a pass to the brood pen.

Starting with low percentages coupled with a pass is maybe the fastest way to having a yard full of nothing.

And then somehow, someone finds a way to make something out of nothing, and I am weary and sketchy as I experienced a lot of the 'nothings'.

If that makes any sense at all.

S

3. If we were in person I guarantee you'd think before you choose to disrespect me I promise. You don't even know who I'm talking about I guarantee it

4. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

This is similar to what got stated regarding NKK & Hall's CH Swamper.. I'd already seen a few of Swamper's offspring and the cur alarm was going ding, ding, ding in my head.. Someone once told me about a good female called 'Happy Eater' that was sired by Swamper, but I don't remember too many others?
    In retrospect I was grateful for the experience since it made me think that for those of us with small yards (majority in UK) it made more sense to keep lines that produced higher percentages, which maybe why the Joe Montana (Jeep x Redboy) crosses had such a big impact in UK?

reids skipper likes this.
  5. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Tarheel Matt.

You're a lame. And I'd tell you to your lame face you're a lame... Go play dogman on fb...

6. slim12

Looking back I think I would have faired better if the circumstances forced a smaller yard on me. Where I lived back then all I needed was a small saw and a yard rake to make one more chain spot.

It was too easy to convince myself one more would not matter.

Not many people truly understand the bulldog math. One more plus one more equals 25 dogs tied out in the backyard.

S

oldguy likes this.
  7. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

If you know him personally how are you "the public"? No one ik personally considers me "the public" probably why I don't have to pretend ik someone to still not get their stock....

Again LAME

8. The guy I'm talking about is a black guy dumbass not tarheel matt... When have you known tarheel matt to own paladin dogs??? Your an idiot dummy mr.mcgee stays in my town and he is black make sure you facts are in order before you come from me. And you wouldn't say anything to my face that's why your on the Internet running your mouth. Tarheel matt is not the Mr McGee I was talking about. Fucking clown

9. And that's the thing I could get one of I want one but I'm a rbjtb man. You must be an old has been. You try to sound knowledgeable but in the end your just another dumb ass who thinks he knows something and don't know shit. So how about you drink on this tall glass of shut the fuck up. You stepped in shit fucking with me and don't even know what your talking about. It would been different if you had the facts but you don't. And you'll still reply even though your wrong just shut up dude

10. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I think 10 is the most dogs I owned at one time and that was a work out.. Can't say I never enjoyed it because I did, but for a while it seemed everyone I knew who was going through a marriage break-up asked me to take their dogs on..

The best female I ever owned was a daughter of Rayrock's Champion Chainey and Rayrock's Grizzly 2xw, and she got landed on me at 4 hours notice during another marriage breakdown, actually considered calling myself 'Heartbreak Hotel Kennels'. thought that was quite fitting.

No way I'd keep 10 dogs in UK now.. The coppers and RSPCA would shut me down and lock me up faster than illegal immigrants claim welfare.

11. slim12

I'm a fan of the stories in the dogs. The best female I ever owned was Chloe. I bought her littermate brother and my buddy bought her.

He was to the belief you could train and "socially condition" the pit bull/game dog out of a dog that was bred that way for generation after generation.

We told him it can be hidden, and sometimes hidden for years, but somehow it always seems to come out at the most inopportune time.

He learned about 6-8 months into their partnership. He took her to a dog park and some little foo-foo dog snapped at her, latching on to her lip briefly. The expression on Chloe's face was more like "this is my kind of party".

Several thousand dollars' worth of vet bills later, multiple visits from Animal Control and a ticket from the city and he needed a place for her to stay. As little Chloe the lovable little pit bull girl left home that morning but came back a full-grown woman with ill intent toward anything with four legs and fur.

It is the stories.

S

oldguy and david63 like this.
  12. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Regarding new owners of pit bulls... This might be the best advice anyone ever gave them!

13. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

I'm not going to do the internet back and forth... cool it wasn't THM... I don't dick ride anyone else shit so idk what anyone has or what they do.... so some no one with do nothing dogs uk won't sell them... high 5 them...

As for as the rest I ain't stepped on you so I havent stepped on shit.

Ask anyone I'm me on and offline. God didn't stop making hands when he made yours I assure you... thay being said mmine aren't even that good lol. But as a grown man whose accomplished more than proclaiming to be a dog man and talking about what another no one has .. I cant see me tossing that away....

Congrats on all your self acclaimed accomplishments... user name is still lame as fuck and I assume so are you...