1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Will game breeders weather the storm.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 40lbRed, Jul 8, 2009.

1. 40lbRed

40lbRed Big Dog

What is your thought on whether larger game dog breeders will weather the current storm. It seems to me that some breeders could be shut down with ordinances as simple as anti-tethering laws. I ask as it seems even some reptile breeders have been hit hard by laws lately.

2. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

I think we're seeing now that the true game breeders are staying low key and you have to have a connection or a clue to find them while the Bully and breeders of huge pits for rap videos are getting all the exposure. So while all of it is bad, let the bling blang crew take some heat for a while.:cool:

3. 40lbRed

40lbRed Big Dog

I hope ur right or that some heat lifts all together after people start to see how even people cleared of charges have had their dogs put down.

4. Jefferson

Jefferson Big Dog

anyone that thinks its just the bully breeders and bling bling breeders getting hit needs to wake the F up! Look what happened today. The feds are doing a massive round up of dogmen in the central US. These aren't rappers or american bully bling bling idiots. These are tried and true dogmen and when the feds get you, its a WHOLE LOT worse than when the county sheriff gets ya

Will the big breeders weather the storm. No. Big breeders have too much of a target on their back.

5. Just to clarify what I assume "JEFFERSON" is saying regarding "tried and true dogmen" is people who have dedicated their lives to the breed and assisted other fanciers in their quest for knowledge and understanding of their nature. Let us not confuse dogmen = dog fighter.....not the type of correlation we want to post for humaniacs to abuse and quote in any court. Best to think before you type.:cool:

6. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I don't know,it's definitely a bad time to be in the dogs right now.A big time breeder also gets big time attention,kind of a double edged sword so to speak.I think in the long run people that can keep their circles closed and do everything just right might squeak by.But they have so many things going against dog owners right now,alot of places are getting to where you can't chain a dog,I know a guy someone turned into the Dept. of Agriculture of all things( Operation Bark Alert),they told him the state of Missouri was cracking down on puppymills and he'd have to get a license because he had more than 3 breeding age females.They won't won't let him chain his dogs either,which is bad since he has APBTs.Said they frowned on that.He wasn't running a puppy mill,just had a few dogs.He's been out alot of money trying to please a butthole inspector.So dog owners and APBT owners especialy are going to have it bad for awhile.

7. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

True many are staying low, you don't want people knowing what you have in your yard which is why I get pissed when someone wants to see a ped on a dog. Some peds are best off hand written and not being posted on peds online. Some people go looking for trouble and don't know when to keep thing off the internet.
    I hope good breeders and dogmen can hang on for the bumpy ride.