1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Wildside Kennels Raided

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by scratchin dog, Dec 10, 2008.

1. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

So unfortunate:mad:

2. Marty

Marty Guest

To all law enforcement agents, if said dogs are being fed, watered, and have shelter and you have no means of taking care of said dogs... by all mean's leave the F**king dogs alone!

Got It!

If you don't have the funds to care for them till court date, leave the f**king dogs alone!!!

3. shadowwolf

shadowwolf Big Dog

Dear heaven...that's insane. Absolutely friggin' insane!

4. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

There is not even a way to write that piece of sh*t rag. How do you contact that paper? Anyone know? I think everyone's oppinion on that should be heard.

5. dajuice

dajuice Big Dog

This is sad and shouldn't be allowed in an American court. How can these people investigate Ed and his kennel for 3 years and and not figure out how these animals were going to be cared for. The plan all along is to brake Ed finanically then cry to the judge about not having enough funds to care for these dogs to get a court order to have the dogs and pups put to sleep. The man is innocent until proven other wise and should be treated as such.

6. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="pgtitle" align="center">Contact our Staff</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="10">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="storytext" align="left">Wilkes Journal Patriot

P.O. Box 70
    N. Wilkesboro NC, 28659
    (336) 838-4117
    (336) 838-9864
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td height="10">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>Julie Hubbard wrote the article- wjpjule@charter.net

7. DeadGame4

DeadGame4 Big Dog

this shit is discuraging as hell. Every time we win one, we lose 5 others.

8. LilBoogieMan

LilBoogieMan Big Dog

This may not go over well. But, wasn't it posted on here that some guys came to Ed's house to talk to him about buying a dog for fighting? And, because of financial issues, Ed says he " told them what they wanted to hear ", which means he discussed selling a dog for fighting.

Now, when I first heard about the bust, I was like..what now? I automatically got pissed. I wanted to know why they busted him. Because he had a treadmill..a breaking stick...conditioned dogs? Things that ALL of us may have. But, to read that he talked to some undercovers about selling a dog for fighting was disappointing. You HAVE to..HAVE to...be careful of WHO you talk to, and WHAT you talk about.

What also gets to me is that I read there was a THREE year investigation going on into him. And yet, after THREE years, they only came up with ONE dogfighting charge?? And THAT charge is I assume the one where he talked to those undercovers about selling a dog for fighting.

I feel real bad for him, and ESPESCIALLY the dogs. But, he kind of helped himself get busted. I hope things go better for him, but folks should all learn a lesson from that. Be careful who you talk to, and what you say.
    JMO.

9. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

Purposely taking dogs into custody that you can't care for, so they receive sub-standard care. How is that any worse then what they're charging him for? :rolleyes:

10. moonshine

moonshine Pup

Pretty obvious whats going on.State takes dogs and makes you pay.You cant pay then sign dogs over to the state.State now onws them and apparently cant afford to feed themState puts down the dogs becuase the state owns them.Sad sad sad.
    If the man has it in for you he will own you one way or the other.
    Maybe the time for speaking is over time to put the hands in the pockets or all that history will be gone.

11. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/jan/15/wilkes-may-keep-dogs/

Published: January 15, 2009

WILKESBORO - The owner of 127 pit bulls seized in a raid last month has until 5 p.m. today to pay $52,925 for the care of the dogs or the dogs will be forfeited to the Wilkes County government, according to a court order.
    There are more than 127 dogs now, because several of the dogs have had litters. The dogs are being held at undisclosed locations because authorities say they are valuable evidence in a criminal investigation.

If the dogs' owner is found guilty, the dogs that were seized will be euthanized, county officials said. County officials said they have never had puppies born to dogs that were seized. They will ask for a court ruling on the disposition of the puppies and the other dogs.

"The legal status of the dogs is they're being held as evidence in a criminal case," County Attorney Tony Triplett said. "We can't do anything with them until a judge orders otherwise."

The dogs were seized from Ed Faron, 61, the owner of Wildside Kennels, during a raid Dec. 10, 2008, at his home off Mertie Road in the mountains of northwest Wilkes County. Faron, along with his son, Donni Juan Casanova, 19, and Amanda Grace Lunsford, 25, whose relationship to the family was unclear, were arrested. Each has been charged with felony dog fighting.

Faron declined to comment yesterday when reached at a phone number listed for Wildside Kennels. "Right now is a bad time, I'm sorry," he said.
    The raid capped a three-year investigation by the Humane Society of the United States, in cooperation with Wilkes County authorities.

The chief judge of Wilkes District Court, Mitchell McClean, ruled last Thursday that Faron had until today to pay for the first two months of the dogs' housing and care. The amount includes $36,797 for the first 30 days and an estimate of $16,128 to keep the dogs through Feb. 10. The money includes the cost of transportation, kennels, food, and veterinary and other expenses.

A trial date is set for March 4. It is possible that the trial date could be moved up.

The county will own the dogs if Faron doesn't meet today's deadline.
    "It doesn't mean we're going to do anything with them, it means his right to claim any right to the dogs and their ultimate disposition ends," Triplett said.

Even if Faron is acquitted, the dogs would still belong to the county if he doesn't meet the deadline.

If he were found guilty of dogfighting, the dogs would be deemed as dangerous by state law. County ordinances say that dangerous dogs should be destroyed by animal control.

According to court records, an informant said that Faron had talked about certain of his dogs having been involved in fights. The informant said that Faron talked about how a dog named Vader had scars from fights he had been in, and that Faron would hide the dog when Animal Control Director Junior Simmons came to the kennel.

In addition to the dogs, authorities seized break sticks, leashes, collars, business records, two glass pipes with marijuana residue and $7,140 in cash, among other items, according to an inventory of items from the search of Faron's property.

The day after the raid, authorities said it appeared that Faron was a major breeder of pit bulls for fighting, but that his property was not a place where people gathered for dog fights.

Damon Geller, a dog lover who lives in Los Angeles, said in an e-mail that he has bought two family pets from Faron.

"Ed knows how to breed good dogs that are a respectable and honorable representation of the breed," Geller wrote. "He is not a dog fighter nor does he breed dogs for people to fight."

John Goodwin, the manager of animal-fighting issues for the Humane Society of the United States, said yesterday that he couldn't recall a case in which puppies were born to dogs after the dogs were seized. Still, he said, such puppies would probably be euthanized if the owner is convicted of dog fighting.

"It's kind of tough with the puppies, because the characteristics that the dog fighters want are selected for by breeding," he said.

He said that the Humane Society uses an expert who could evaluate the dogs and puppies if the county decides to have them evaluated.

■ Monte Mitchell can be reached in Wilkesboro at 336-667-5691 or at mmitchell@wsjournal.com.
    <!--endclickprintinclude--><!-- COMMENTS --><STYLE> #loading { text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px; } #comments_header_bar { padding-top:10px; } #comments_header_head { color:#1A4066; font-family:Arial Narrow,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:1.3em; } #comments_header_subhead { font-size:0.9em; font-family:arial; margin-left:46px; margin-top:1px; } .comment_form_header { font-size: 1em; font-weight: bold; padding-left: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; } #comment_login_form { font-size: .85em; width: 100%; } .comment_controls { border-bottom:1px dotted #8C8C8C; border-top:1px dotted #8C8C8C; margin:20px 20px 10px; padding-bottom:10px; padding-right:20px; padding-top:6px; text-align:center; } .comment_control_button a{ background-color:#E2E2E2; border:1px solid #8C8C8C; color:black; cursor:pointer; font-size:0.75em; font-weight:bold; margin-right:-3px; padding:1px 3px; text-decoration:none; } .comment_control_button_selected { color:black; font-size:0.75em; font-weight:bolder; margin-right:-3px; padding:1px 3px; border: 1px solid #8C8C8C; background-color: white; } .login_submit_button { background-color:#478EA9; border:2px solid black; color: white; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 7px; } #comment_form { background: #FFFFCC; padding-top: 10px; padding-left: 10px; } .comment_submit_button { background-color:#478EA9; border:2px solid black; color: white; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left: 10px; } .comment_login_error { color:red; font-size:0.8em; font-weight:bold; margin-bottom:5px; margin-left:26px; margin-right:26px; } </STYLE>

12. Talk about the deck being stacked. Its a no win situation for this kennel.

13. LilBoogieMan

LilBoogieMan Big Dog

Why the f@-k would you need to evaluate PUPPIES who have been born while the mom was being held in a shelter?? Freaking unbelieveable.:mad:

14. ISUZU

ISUZU Big Dog

So sad! This always suck when johnny law thinks someone is not caring for his/her dogs. When it turns out that the dogs are in perfect health and shape. Man How sad that the Law is so low.

15. any news if he came up with the cash?? hope the dogs are still alive and kicken

16. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Theoretically speaking,
    If Wilkes' county authorities do gain custody of the dogs, but choose to give them a chance outside of Faron's yard after this ordeal- meaning adopting them out, or giving them to reputable (i.e., not Best Friends) rescues- who would step-up to the plate and open up their homes or yard to one of these dogs?

Because that seems to be a point brought up a lot. We all want these dogs to live, but say they do... Where will they go? In a good and proper world, Faron would see ownership of them again. But that isn't likely to happen. So who is to take these dogs?

The H$U$ does not have the final say in these dog's lives. They do, however, have a great deal of influence on the people who are responsible for that decision. I think we should make our voices heard: that a good dog is a good dog, regardless of where it came from.

17. marshall619

marshall619 Top Dog

I agree w/ you GSD. This situation is similar to Michael Vick's dogs. I hear many of his dogs where place/adopted out. "Where will they go?" "So who is to take these dogs?" Hopefully back to Ed. If not, to responsible owners who have had experience w/ this breed. It just scares me that these dogs can go into anyone's hands. More bad press if you ask me...:(

Mel

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
  18. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

19. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

http://www.ncdoj.com/default_contactus_form.jsp?sectionid=ag&subsectionid=general

Please email the NC Attorney General and ask that the costs being charged to Mr. Faron of over $52,000 be investigated. Tell them that although Mr. Faron has not been proven guilty in court he is being forced to let his dogs die because of the outrageous costs that are being demanded.

Ask if this is really what "innocent until proven guilty" means in North Carolina.

Also, say that in the event he is proven innocent in court the dogs will still die unless the $52,000 + is provided for them.

20. DOGMANUP

DOGMANUP Pup

diane jessop has actually testyfied against dogmen that her dad new and from that point on she never got a nickel from me