1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Wildside Kennels Raided

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by scratchin dog, Dec 10, 2008.

1. WWII

WWII Banned

I believe a few were. He talks about it in his book.

This is getting ridiculous. Don't deal with who you don't know.

2. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

if someone comes to you talkin' reckless, they sure as hell aren't someone you should place a dog with- informant or not.

3. simms

simms CH Dog

I think all of them should be exposed,pictues.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2008
  4. masta of game

masta of game Banned

ok how bout this

one of us gets a job at PETA, than tell PETA you can help them snitch on breeders, ask wildside kennel that u want to help with the yard at wildside kennel, tell PETA u got a spot at wildside kennel, they will be so excited u r in the circle, then they will ask u to take pictures of the dogs with scars and buyers or video tape a dog fight or voice record if the wildside kennel speak about their dogs used for fighting " that they know" , to build a case , u say sure i can do that thats easy im the yard boy for wildside kennel lol

than when they ask u after 2 months whats happening, u tell them u cant belive dogs have no scars and thet dont fight their dogs, and that you are suprised, than you tell wildsdie kennel whats happening and how you were supposed to be a snitch...lol

and tell wildside what peta is planning for him, or who they are going after

u know..

5. masta of game

masta of game Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2008
  6. from those comments that masta posted, and close to my heart lol...

This is so very important, I want to make this clear to readers of this blog and anyone else who will listen. Dogfighters are breeding and advertising these dogs in plain sight, all over the internet. Someone here posted a link to the pit bull chat forum, which bills itself as an "educational community of pit bull dog advocates". In addition to the many young women posting edlessly about rescuing pit bulls, and the posting of "positive press" news stories about pit bulls, there are subforums dedicated to "bloodlines" and "breeding" , where people trade information about the game-bred lines. You would have to be a complete moron to not understand what these people were talking about...they are asking if this or that bloodline (enter the name of a well known fighting bloodline...Bolio, Colby, Jocko, etc.) is "any good", or would be an "asset to my yard". What do you think they are talking about?

Are we all that stupid? Why does the public fall for this? Does anyone really believe that people who keep a "yard" of 15 game bred pit bulls on chains, with an old barrel for a dog house, is breeding them for "family pets", or that these animals are "show dogs"? How do people who claim to be dedicated to "rescue" and pretend to be animal welfare advocates manage to ignore what right under their noses? Why do virtually ALL of the pit bull advocates tolerate, protect, and enable the "dogmen"?

Anyone who has lurked on that forum, and who knows anything about the world of dogfighting, knows exactly how to read between the lines, and what these people are talking about. This is felony animal cruelty, and these "educational communities" have welcomed the backyard breeders and dog fighters with open arms.

Where the hell are the REAL animal welfare advocates? What is wrong with the true dog lovers in this country, that we tolerate this type of in-your-face sadistic cruelty by pretending we don't see it when its right in front of us?

7. an even better blog comment...

would also like to add that this website is the ONLY place online where these types of discussions are able to be held. Pit bull owners, breeders, and advocates have influenced virtually all the popular pet dog forums on-line...most moderators, curiously, are either pit bull breeders, owners, or involved in "rescue". I have seen dogfighters enter these forums, only to be ignored or even welcomed. One unmoderated dog-lovers forum actually had the Latin Kings gang members come in to advertise their pit bulls for stud.

If you are a pet owner looking for advice and help in training your dog on-line, you had better swear your loyalty to the pit bull breed before you join virtually any forum...if you DARE express an opinion that pit bulls should be regulated, or are pro BSL, the moderators will ban you, or the pit bull fans will threaten and harass you until you leave the forum.

I have seen individuals with strong opinions regarding the regulation of pit bulls threatened physically by men claiming to be "breeders" online. There are currently people involved in dogfighting posing as pet dog owners, posting in popular pet dog forums. These are dangerous criminals, and the moderators ignore them, or even welcome and encourage them. Many dog savvy posters have left popular on-line communities, because we do not want to expose any personal or identifying information to these criminals.

Under the guise of humane advocacy, pit bull owners and rescuers definitely enable the dogfighetrs and breeders to continue making money breeding and fighting these animals.Public discourse on the matter has been controlled by the pit bull fanatics. I thank God this website exists, so that true animal lovers can discuss these issues.

8. masta of game

masta of game Banned

well we might need another thread dedicated to this LOL

how typical, calling apbt owners dog fighters...just because we own apbts. i cant be bothered defending, they can assume all they want. legally, im innocent till proven guilty.

we had a talk with that lady who put up that myspace list, we can just sent them a link to that thread LOL. its the same topic LOL

they are just slandering

9. Pretty typical, if you own APBT you are a dog fighter or breeder for dog fighting. Gosh all those pics of dog shows were really dog fights? Pretty sneaky....:rolleyes: Gotta love dogsbite.org Makes you wonder how many undercover PETA, HSUS, dogsbite people there really are lurking on the forums.

10. elgin64

elgin64 Pup

This is getting way out of control. I'll never understand why they're so bent on destroying someone's life over dogs.

11. Bob1234

Bob1234 Pup

I am trying to get info on the whereabouts of the dogs. One of the dogs taken was actually mine who had been up at WSK for less than 3 weeks for breeding. He has no scars and is very even tempered. He is a conformation champion. Anyone have any idea on what i can do to get him back, or at least find out that he is ok or see him or something. Phone calls to AC of course have gotten me nowhere.

thanks

12. I do not believe they are releasing the whereabouts of the dogs.

13. Bob, i suggest writing to the Sheriff's department, District Attorney, and court handling this case. Make sure you send all the letters certified and with return receipt required. Then, follow up every three weeks via certified/return receipt. As soon as Ed has retained a lawyer, you can submit copies of your proof of mailings (with however many follow ups) and explain your situation. You should be as precise as possible about your dog and why he was there. Hopefully you can identify him by markings, collar, pictures, etc.

In addition, you may also serve as witness for defense. Your dog is a conformation champion in his yard for breeding purposes. Fits what Ed has been saying about Wildside business today.

14. The only way to combat this issue is for the dog fighters to stop fighting dogs and the Animal rights groups to have someone put a boot up their ass every time they cry abuse. Knock out both groups and you will put out the fire!!!:mad:

15. moonshine

moonshine Pup

Its not that simple really.Since the dawn of man there are those who have a fascination with fire some become arsonists others just like barbecues.When you play with fire sometimes you get burnt that goes for people on both sides it the risk you take.Somedays your the cook, somedays your the steak.lol

1 person likes this.
  16. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

And yet he hasn't the testicular fortitude to write that crap here? I'll take the nut semi- seriously when he grows half a spine and posts here.

17. masta of game

masta of game Banned

if u live in japan or mexico u may never become the stick lol

you will be cooking some tight eli stuff witbout getting burned hah

18. beanieman

beanieman Banned

it's a shame that things like this happens, after 15 years my country finaly woke up and decieded that it's not the apbt that is the problem and bannend the law against them and then stuff like this happens in the country were there from it's a bloody shame and the best of luck with the defense and getting the dog's out of there.

19. bohawg00

bohawg00 Big Dog

Any news or updates?

20. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

Re: Wildside Kennels Raided**UPDATE**

http://www.journalpatriot.com/fullstory.asp?id=1013

Order filed for cost of seized dogs
    by Jule Hubbard

Wilkes County government could soon be the owner of 127 pit bulls seized on Dec. 10 as evidence in a case involving dog fighting.

Chief District Court Judge Mitchell McLean ruled in Wilkes District Court Thursday that the current owner of the dogs, Edward A. Faron of Mertie Road in the Millers Creek area, must pay for the first two months of their housing and other care.

McLean issued the order in a hearing held in connection with Wilkes County Attorney Tony Triplett's "petition for bond" seeking the payment from Faron, 61, charged with felony dog fighting and baiting by the Wilkes Sheriff's Department.

In accordance with state law for this type of proceeding, McLean ordered Faron to pay the money within five business days. It means Faron has until Thursday to pay $52,925, with the money going to Wilkes County government. This includes $36,797 for the first 30 days of care for the dogs, which ends Saturday, and $16,128 as the estimated cost for the next 30 days.

Also in accordance with state law, McLean ordered that the dogs be forfeited to the County of Wilkes and that Faron give up ownership if the money isn’t paid in five business days.

Attorney Brendan Edge, appointed by the courts to represent Faron, said Faron didn’t have the money to pay the $52,925. Faron was present but didn’t speak in court and Edge didn’t make statements for or against the action filed by Triplett.

McLean also ordered that the county continue holding all of the dogs as evidence in the case.

Wilkes Animal Control Director Junior Simmons, who attended the hearing, said earlier that the dogs were being kept as evidence at an undisclosed location until completion of court proceedings in the case. Simmons and other officials haven’t been willing to say where the dogs were being kept due to concerns about possible action by animal rights groups and other security issues.

Faced with the likelihood of county government having to pay for upkeep of the dogs because of Edge’s statement about Faron’s inability to pay, said Triplett, county government officials are talking to the U.S. Humane Society about that nonprofit helping with the cost.

“We are talking with the (U.S.) Humane Society about whether they potentially have funds available that could help offset all or a portion” of the costs of caring for the dogs.

Assistant District Attorney Fred Bauer, prosecutor for the state in the case, said the district attorney’s office was considering county government’s financial burden in planning a trial date in the case. Bauer said authorities are still looking at the possibility of additional charges.

Triplett said the petition was filed on behalf of the Wilkes Animal Control Department. He said that under state statutes, a judge can allow the filing of a new affidavit every 30 days assessing the costs of boarding the animal to a defendant.

Under statutes, said Triplett, Faron could be required to pay the boarding costs even if he won the case.

Simmons said that if the state won the case, the dogs would be euthanized, as called for under the county’s Animal Control Ordinance. He said this was based on the dogs being trained and used for fighting, which he said meant they were considered dangerous.

Arrested at the same time as Faron on Dec. 10 on one felony count each of dog fighting and baiting were Don Juan Casanova, 18, and Amanda Grace Lunsford, 25.

Attorneys were appointed for Faron, Casanova and Ms. Lunsford in Wilkes District Court on Friday. All three have been released from custody under secured bonds of $2,500 each. If convicted, they could be sentenced to between four and 10 months in prison.

Law enforcement officials said the investigation led them to believe Faron was one of the nation’s largest breeders of pit bulls used for fighting, but that authorities have no evidence indicating organized dog fighting occurred on or near the Wildside Kennels property.

Wilkes Sheriff Dane Mastin said the charges were filed under a section of a state dog fighting statute that makes it illegal to possess or provide dogs for dog fighting. “Baiting” refers to harassing a tethered animal.

Mastin said the charges culminated a three-year investigation involving his department, the Wilkes Animal Control Department and the Humane Society of the United States.