1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Why does the HSUS and PETA want to do away with pit bulls?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Deniselynn, Nov 30, 2008.

1. If this has been posted before, I apologize. I tried to research on the net but couldn't find a concrete answer. Why is the HSUS and PETA so intent on doing away with the pit bull?

2. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

IMO, they see our breed as a weak link. They like to attack things that they feel they can easily manipulate the public into rallying against. Like "fighting breeds," tethering, ear cropping, breeding, and so on. Start with the easy stuff, work your way up to the harder stuff.

3. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

They are idiots! I have heard all sorts of agendas out there like they eventually want to ban all ownership of pets period.
    I heard Ingrid Newkirk has more money than brains. You could always email them and ask them personally. Maybe they will answer. Esp. if you go and ask like you are a pit bull hater.

Hey I got a question, how many rescue centers or shelters does either orginization have? None! I am pretty sure that is the right answer. It is more cost effiecent and easiet just to kill them all!

4. rhumble

rhumble Big Dog

it seems that peta killed about 98% of the so called saved dogs...
    brat pack got it right, the aim is to ban pets ownership in the future

5. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

1. because they "buy" into all the myths, locking jaws, killer intincts on humans, etc.
    2. because the media lies, pit bull attacks sell newpapers, so every other dog attack is a pit bull regardless if it looks like a dalmation
    3. and because they think they have the power to ban the breed, and they will have it if people give into this crap.

6. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Good post, Baha.

It's not so much about the dogs as it is finding a cause that will keep their own names in the headlines. It's about using that cause to bring in millions of dollars in donations so that they can reward themselves with payraises.

7. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Plus PETA wants to get rid of all pets and livestock. They feel animals are "slaves" to us, but what is their solution? Kill all the domesticated animals. Yeah, real animal lovers right there. They are idiots, who have tons of money.

8. moonshine

moonshine Pup

The pitbull is the politcal football with which they can manipulate the mindless masses into beleiving is the modern day werewolf and all that own them are witches that should be burnt at the stake.Propaganda equals donations which can be skimmed into the pockets.Its all about politics and money like most things in life.