1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Why can't they all be like this?

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by SouthernDixie, Sep 1, 2005.

1. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

I found this in the Christian Science Magazine....

Regarding the March 2 piece "Pit bulls can't shake bad rap": I was pleased to read the comments of those defending this complex canine, but the story left out the "bad" pit's potential for change.
    I learned this the hard way when I was attacked on my roller skates by two menacing pit bulls. It was the scariest event of my life as I desperately fought off a sustained attack, finally to be rescued by a female passerby who, unlike all the men hiding in their cars, bravely risked her life for mine.

Counter to common sense, I decided to give these two another chance. One was killed before I could intervene, but the other I sprang from the pound with a plan for rehab.

It was all kisses and wags and we became fast friends. Soon this demon dog was pulling me all over town on the same skates I'd been attacked on! It was this experience that has convinced me that it's never too late to rehabilitate. These amazing, loyal, loving dogs can and will come back from the brink and they deserve a break.

~~~~~~~~

By Matt Rossell, Northwest outreach coordinator, In Defense of Animals, Portland, Ore.

2. lil'lucybear

lil'lucybear Big Dog

thats cute i like that, its good see people giving second chances dispite tha bad rep these animals have, but just like bad humans, bad dogs just need a little loving!!!

3. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

That's pretty damn cool!

4. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

now that friken cool yayayayayyayayayayayyayyayaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh yaaaaaaayyyyyy

5. Judy

Judy CH Dog

Great article, thank you!

6. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

LOL I wanna meet this person. My dad hates Pits because he got bit by one that was protecting its owner.

7. Jennifer&Will

Jennifer&Will Big Dog

Great story!! That is awesome.

8. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

Yes they need some loving disipline and training not only for the dog but for the owners also.

9. CRD

CRD Big Dog

nice article....