1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Who to vote for?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jr Pit Guy, Nov 4, 2007.

1. I'm still waiting for the right guy to step foward. I admittedly did not vote for either Rep or Dem in the last two elections. I have been, and am a military member currently with two tours in Iraq, and for that reason choose not to let Iraq War policy be the #1 issue for me (biased to say the least!) , nor is BSL enforcement the #1 issue (biased to say the least!). I'd just like to see that "right guy" take lead. Unfortuneately, I haven't seen him (or her) since I've been of a voting age!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2007
  2. I would focus this more toward "puppets" than scum bags. I have a hard time with people who "sit on the fence" so to speak, and this is the life of a politician. Atleast this is the public persona that is mandatory for a successful politician. At the same time they do offer a public service because no matter how much we bitch and moan somebody has to do the politicians job in our modern government. It's hard to be in a job where public opinion hold so much sway over what you do, or do not do. This is where BSL becomes a hot topic issue so to speak. Public Opinion. This is where _______(fill in the blank...war in Iraq, etc.) becomes a hot button issue.

3. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I dont know who I will vote for yet. I just know that I am ready for the current administration to get out of office. It just seems like everytime a Republican gets into office we always are in war. Everytime in my lifetime gas is rediculus and people are starving everywhere. I just know that we have a unbelieveilbe deficit right now. I know this country is divided more now than it has ever been. I have enough house keeping to keep us busy here in the states and we are out there trying to secure other countris. I know that the gas companies have become super rich over the last past 4-5 years. There is one thing that I dont understand. If a barrel of gas is approaching 100 now and if I go to the gas station and I see gas at 3.00 a gallon then why was gas 3-4 dollars a gallon 2 years ago? Somebody got paid.
    Now I try to stay Independant every election. I think it is cloesed minded to have a party affiliation before an election because your status might change in a four year period. But we need to get this president out of here and any canidate that thinks like him should be dissmissed also. A old man use to tell me all of the time that "if you keep doing what your doing would will keep getting what you've been getting". We need change I dont agree with the Internal Revenue Service I dont believe that we should have to pay a income tax. Maybe a sales tax. When is the taxation going to end. When i pay my taxes they dont benefit my interest i dont think. It is still pretty jacked up in my old community. I cant go down there and say hey i pay taxes I need you to do this or that they are going to look at me and say if you dont get your ass outta here..lol. I'm rambling.
    I think that we should close our borders but to try to make everyone here that is not legal leave is bullshit. And it will be a big waste of money. I think that they should give them 5 years to get there papers and after that if they dont have them then risk them being deported. Do you realize howe much money that it would cost to try to deport every one here that is illegal. I say get them on paper get some a=tax money on them.
    Last but not least i say we need to tax the hell out of all of these Major corporations that go over seas to find cheap labor taking all of that money over sea while Americans sit here unemployed. That is a bunch of crap. AT&T is one try to call there computer hotline some guy will pick up that dont even know how to speek english trying to tell you how to work your computer. WTF is that, they would rather give that job to someone over seas then rape you with these high prices. They are not the only one, most large corporations is like that.

4. jr Pit Guy

jr Pit Guy Big Dog

I see some great points made here, especially Ceaser. I agree, there should be no IRS, that is taxation without representation folks, plain and simple.

I believe we should be keeping an eye out for companies producing products in other countries, and avoid them. Walmart is the company that first comes to my mind. In all honesty, why does America offer a tax cut for foreign products? I feel that it does run us out of jobs. Big corporations are the main contributors to this problem, and that also runs small business owners out. There should be special taxes on large corporations, but those taxes should in turn go towards the community that they are in. There should not be a tax cut on imported items, I realize it was implemented to increase trade, but now it is being solicited in numerous ways, and putting Americans out of jobs. This could be an interesting topic I'd like to see discussed by candidates, as well.

I guess freedom ain't so free anymore. Just like common sense, ain't common.

5. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Just like common sense, ain't common.[/QUOTE]

I like that!!!!! I am going to have to remember that saying![​IMG]

6. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Here is a site a good friend of mine found,really sort of interesting. Huckabee is sort of iffy on certain things like abortion and imigration and such but still i think one of the better candidates.this is called know your candidates.

http://www.issues2000.org/Gun_Control.htm

Starts off with gun control but you can click the candidates you want to know more about and see where they stand on many issues.

tommy3 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

That is a good link. Thanks!

8. Suki

Suki Guest

9. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

oh your more than welcome guys,i liked it as well.it really gives you a record of what these inviduals have to say on certain topics.

also another good site that i like is world net daily,also very insightfull and truthfull with lots of good writers and such.here is there website,let me know how y'all like that one.it covers pretty much anything happening in the world today and in the past 9 or 10 years pretty much.

www.worldnetdaily.com

10. Suki

Suki Guest

= You are not authorized to view this page

:(

tx anyhow.
    btw, the peeps on my MC forum are very greatful for your initial link...
    so tx!

11. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

wonder why it won't come up.not anything bad or that.did you try typing it in the bar up top where you put them address deals in?

12. JuckingFerk

JuckingFerk Big Dog

Savages deserve to be treated in a savage manner. They only understand violence. The filthy animals view people as weak they are not as ruthless as their fellow savages. I would pry the eyeballs out of a hundred of those bastards with a spoon if it saved one American soldier.

Ferk out

13. Mr Mark

Mr Mark Guest

14. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I have to step in and agree here. When did it become ok for others to come over here and kill our mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers and sons and daughters, yet when we go for justice we are evil and cruel and think nothing of humankind. BS!

I've got many friends still fighting over in Iraq for some people to sit on their asses and do nothing but spew hatred for their sacrifices and demean them and their families for what they are doing. This country was founded on war, remained free due to war, and nothing is going to change that. If think otherwise, you need to go back and take some history courses. England didn't voluntarily ship people over here and then give the country to them out of love and kindness. Get real.

And I agree that if it saves the life of one American soldier or one American citizen, then torturing a foreign criminal who has murdered countless Americans or knows something that could save future lives, then so be it. I find it ironic that nobody is complaining about the cruel and horrid treatment our American soldiers were subjected to as POWs in Japan during WWII. I've talked to these veterans and heard their stories. To hear how they were tortured, starved, forced to work with no clothing, no food, no water, and tortured some more to the point that some resorted to eating their dead friends and fellow soldiers just to stay alive...........well........... It's just a shame that many Americans are just waiting by a grave to toss the first pile of dirt on our veterans so they won't have to bother hearing their stories. So sad.

coolhandjean likes this.
  15. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

So very true it is like i always tell folks do you honestly think that they would run their leader down for us and what they did,are planing to do,and will do.absolutely not.it just gives the limp wrists something to talk about and make them feel important just like they do with our dogs.

And again you are right about the WW2 vets Dave was a vetran of that war,and some of the things he told me would give you the shivers.the one that always got me though was when he was on a island and they got ambushed and he had to fight his way out using a bodypart after he ran out of bullets.he clawed tooth and nail with them tojos and made it out alive but just barely.i tell ya if i was younger i would be there in a minute to serve the country against this evil that we now face.they don't want peace they want to take over the entire country and if you don't convert to muslim then you get your head cut off just like they have done so many times before.all you have to do is read your bible in revelations if you don't convert to the false religion your beheaded,sounds familiar doesn't it.as well as all the wars and rumors of wars,soon here they will rebuild and the antichrist will rise out of that area.but i can go on about that all day.so i say if we have to hang em up cut a slit across the skin and pull it back with a set of pliers then so be it,if we have to smear em with bacon grease or that so be it,if we have to beat them till they can't move so be it,if we have to shock them and castrate them so be it who gives a shit as long as we stay safe over here.

16. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Bad leadership and lack of diplomacy has cost os thousands of troops. We need to bring our troops home and we wont have to worry about tourtering and getting tourtered. JMO. We have been there all these years and nothing has gottin better. I heard today on the news that this was the deadlest year in the Middle East. I have a question, why are we there? What goals are we trying to accomplish? Are we getting the full support of the goverment that we are trying to help? To me the answer to all of these questions is I DONT KNOW. Because of that answer we do not need to be over there. I was cool with Afganistan blow there asses to pieces but I just never got the whole Iraq thing. Get to them before they get to us sounded good but if you think about it it did not make since. Iraq's Military was conquered in what 1 week? Now you are in a melting pot with people that hate us. Does it ever dawn on anyone that we might have killed a working law biding father going to work that day. How do you think that his children feel about the USA? Now i know that someone is going to say what about the people in the wORLD tRADE CENTER. I am not talking about those people. Again I have no prblem going to Afganistan. But It seems like we really werent interested in going to Afganistan( they only sent like 10k troops). You dont even hear about that anymore. I and about voting for someone who can get us out of this mess. All of those troops that we are talking about what do they have to come home to. Higher prices at the pump( we are over there where they make the stuff). Foreclosers are at the highest rates in U.S> history. Let's not talk about the V.A. it sucks. You know how I know because I have been down there. I should have taken picture so I could show you what knid of mess that is. Lets get a President that truely cares about the PEople of the United States. Let find a president that can help heal the wounds that have been lashed apon the people of this land. I am so sick of the whole Democat Republican thing . Oh I'm Liberal your Conservative. Lets come out with a new party that listens to all sides before making an decsion. There is a Child Health Bill out right now that will give some knid of Medical coverage to all the children of the United States but it can not get passed cause of bullshit bypartisonship. Think how many children have deid waiting on that bill to be passed. if there is not a candidate talking about those issues then I guess I wont vote. I not going to be the one talking about I'll pick the best of the two evils that some BS too. Eveil is evil. Two evils make evil. I'll tell you this if you are the praying type we all need to get on our knees and ask the Lord to bless this country. Tell him to keep us safe from our enemys and our White House......

Sorry for rambling[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2007
  17. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

If thats how you feel about the war fine,your entitiled to that opinion.

But as far as that health bill goes it is way way to expensive,and to be honest i really don't want my tax dollars going to support that,enough of my money goes to the welfare and for the betterment of the illegals.now if we could get rid of all the illegals,and get more people off of welfare then it might be a better idea for the children who truely need it.but at this point and time,it will fund nothing but anchor babies and to be honest i don't want my money going to children that aren't even citizens or the only american citizen in their family.not my place to take care of them let them take them back to mexico and let their goverment handle it and if they can't oh well,they have taken enough from this country as it is.like i said if it got to a better point in this country where it truely went to families that needed it and not a bunch of illegals or drunks that can't hold a job it would be more than fine,but at this point and time it is not feasable.i spend more than enough on educating them,feeding them,paying for their births,and they get medical insurance to begin with so thats good enough till it shapes up here.

I am also against universal health care for many reason.but the main reason is i don't like the idea of my money going to pay for 3,000 dollar murders (abortions) and you don't have the freedom to get things done fast.say i needed a new heart i just might get told well Mr.Smith at this point and time your 300th on the list so you will just have to wait.where as it stands now i can go to diffrent doctors and stand a better chance of survival when it comes to any illness.all you have to do is look at england with their health coverage,they have resorted to ripping their own teeth out because they can't get proper dental care among many other things.

18. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

a resounding amen. i couldn't agree more. when people start lableing those that have different opinions as something, they become closed minded to the overall good. and afghanistan was the right decision. if we had stayed on target we would have osama by now. instead we are stuck in iraq wondering when and how our loved ones are going to come home. my brother is an army ranger stationed in washington and thank God he is home for now. unfortunately my uncle is still over there. the thought that they may die because of some arrogant, below average i.q., stumbling, rambling, good for nothing president that ain't got the sense God gave taost really pisses me off. however, if they had died fighting al-qaida, i would feel honored. america needs to pull it's head out of it's ass and start taking care of business.

19. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I would rather pay for CHILDRENS health care than a never ending war. I dont think children should have to suffer because of there parents lack of insurance or stablilty. Trust me I dump thousands of dollars in the tax system and it is a shame that the tax system is the way it is. As far as illegals do you know how much it would cost to send all the people at are over here back home. That is like spitting in the wind. I say give a chance to get documented make them pay a fee. shut the borders anyone who comes in send them back home. Tax those dollars that are being shipped back to Mexico. Old Timer I dont know what the answer is but it is not being address right now. But until the congress gets inline with the president and get some thing done we are in trouble......

20. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

A lot of things having to do with Revelations seems to be coming about. I agree it's only a matter of time before the Anti-Christ rises to completely power. Chances are he's already on his way...

I also agree with your thing on illegal immigration, welfare, and universal healthcare...

Unfornately, no party is going to do an dang thing about the Illegals. They are just thinking about the vote, and yes, they want to make it so illegals can vote, though many vote already. Both parties are selling us down the river, no doubt about that.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2007