1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Who to vote for?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jr Pit Guy, Nov 4, 2007.

1. jr Pit Guy

jr Pit Guy Big Dog

I just saw WWII's sig, and it got me wondering.... Is there anyone running for presidency that has proposed an alternative to BSL? I know it's not high on their list, but surely some of them have stated views on "Pitbulls". At least one of them must have thought about it at one point in time, right? If not, are we getting the message across, or should we all kick it up a notch and make someone bring this subject to the board?

Just thinking out loud I guess. Post any thoughts or comments.

2. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

If Giuliani -- don't know if I'm spelling that right -- is still running, he's anti-Pit Bull. That much I know. YouTube is having a thing right now where you can submit video questions to the candidates, and they're going to pick some to air on CNN when the debates come up. http://www.youtube.com/debates I plan on submitting a question soon. Maybe if enough people ask what the candidates plan to do to stem the tide of BSL in this country, they will actually answer.

3. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Don't know for sure what his vies are on BSL but myself so far i am leaning towards Mike Huckabee,his views are very favorable in my opinion.even though i am very passionate about BSL,you have to look at the bigger picture when it comes to what their morals and such are,and thus far he is by far the superior candidate as far as morals or maybe i should say views are concerned since most politicians have the morals of a alley cat i guess views would be better,lol.

4. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Ron Paul hasn't said anything about BSL, but going by how he is more of a Liberatarian *sp*, chances are he's anti-bsl. I will e-mail him and see if I can find out, but he believes in Constitutional Govt., not lets make up the rules as we go along govt...He is someone the founding fathers would have loved.

5. short1

short1 Big Dog

Ron paul all the way!

6. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

steven colbert!

7. pittychick

pittychick Big Dog

I agree with Ron Paul...I LOVE that guy. And like mentioned, he's very liberal and is all about the constitution being what our laws are based on. I know many pitbull people are voting for him for that reason alone.

8. jr Pit Guy

jr Pit Guy Big Dog

Definitely. I am not basing my vote on BSL thoughts alone, but I can say it is a part of the picture, especially with all of the BSL popping up all over the place. Guilliani, he has lost any chance of getting my vote, just for the fact that he hates "Pitbulls" and wants them abolished.

I also concern myself with resolutions for the war in Iraq, as that is high on everyone's agenda. I look at candidates' opinons on the gas prices as well, which ties into the whole middle east thing. I wouldn't mind getting a people's person in that wants to focus on America, and internal affairs. Morals would be good, but most politicians didn't get their position by being honest, let's face it.

LMAO, jman!

9. pittychick

pittychick Big Dog

See...you're very right JR! I don't just like Ron Paul because of the BSL. I'm very much into the do for us and then everybody else. Take care of our own, I agree on a lot of his views as far as taxes, foriegn affairs, and how to run this country. We never had all of these countries hating us, all of these "internal" problems, etc back when we based our ways on the constitution. That's where he wants to bring us back towards. He's also been very consistent in his voting from the 70's on...the records of all of this is easily accessed.

But I think that BSL is one of the main deciding factors for all of us here.

10. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

I'm also interested in Mike Huckabee. I believe he will start gaining some more support over then next few months. There were actually many people that believed he had the advantage during the last Republican debate. I think he is definitely someone to keep an eye on.

11. NC

NC CH Dog

Ron Paul is a freaking nut job!! Way too liberal! This dude wants to do away with the FBI and the CIA..not to mention his stance on the war.. what a crack pot. I'd vote for old rotten crotch Hillary Clinton before I'd vote for Paul or Rudy... Right now I am a big Huckabee fan, but I think he's gonna fall short on the money side of things. I think he's gonna end up as the VP, but right now he's got my vote.

12. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

it's hard for me to bite my tongue on this one and not say anything. i do however feel ALL politicians are freakin scumbags. i've known some less than reputable people who had good views about things. doesn't mean they should run the damn country. and who really cares if we lose the damn FBI. what corrupt organization that is. the CIA is a necessary evil. it seems that in all the fervor to protect our rights as americans from attacks from outside of the country we have inadvertently allowed politicians to do more harm than any terrorist could ever do. this country was founded upon principles of freedom, and the right to live freely without being harrassed in any manner. these rights are now completely non-exsistent. and it's not just the politicians who are useless. shame on all the dirtbags that live in this country and are incapable of policing themselves. if we as a society were truely capable of grasping the one human family principle, we wouldn't be in the quagmire that is the current state of affairs. we wouldn't have to worry about being attacked by other countries or terrorist organizations. and just for the record, this country has a dispicable record as far as human rights. so any holier than thou types can eat it. most of us live on land that was stolen. our country is so friggin hypocritical. while we abolish slavery we are stealing land from people who had inhabited it for thousands of years. please, DON'T vote. don't allow yourselves to be dragged down into the pit of inhumanity that is becoming america. we as a people have an obligation to follow what our founding fathers wanted us to. and damn it, those were righteous things, just things. things that if done properly would make this country the envy of all other nations. instead we are hated by most other nations. so really think about what you are contributing to when you participate in the electoral process this coming election. many a great revolution was started because of civil discontent. when are we as a society going to realize that in the current way things are run, the crooked and corrupt stand to gain the most? not a single candidate is worthy of my vote. I strongly urge all responsible americans to seriously think about what their actions can lead to when it comes time to vote. cause right now this country is up shit's creek with a turd for a paddle, as ween so eloquently put it. God Bless:)

13. pittychick

pittychick Big Dog

Frenchie,

Very good post! However, my question would be...if we don't vote that leaves those who don't understand where this country is really at in charge of the polls. Other than voting for the best we can find the only other option is straight up revolution blasting some mofo's away....that would be the option for me :-)

14. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

i suppose that revolution was what i was advocating. right now there aren't any other options. and, lol, yeah blasting some mofo's would be in order too. it's just a sad situation these days.....

15. NC

NC CH Dog

I'll vote for the lesser of two evils really.. just like I did with Bush v. Kerry. I'm not worried about human rights, I support torture. If you know something about an upcoming attack on my country you're damn right I'll torture your ass to get that info. And for those who say torture doesn't work for that situation..I'll feel better for have trying. I want someone who will close the damn borders, build a wall, and deport every illegal that we come across and their anchor babies. I want someone that will allow me to continue to own my guns, including assualt weapons untill I am a felon and then you can take them away. I want someone that will reach down and grab his sack..and say you know what I got a pair now let me act like it! Tired of all these whiny ass pussy liberals.. thank God we aren't fighting WW2 today because we'd all be speaking German or Japanese, since we don't have the guts to fight a war anymore!

16. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

that was an enlightening post. i agree with the idea we should be able to own guns. but you are f*cking twisted for supporting torture. think about it, if this country were ran how it was intended to be we wouldn't have to worry about being attacked. you should give some serious thought to not voting yourself, but not out of civil disobedience. and for the record, confessions extracted from any form of torture are notoriously unreliable. wow, i really can't believe you support torture. that mindframe you have is no doubt shared by many others, but the way i see it, it's part of the problem.

17. pittychick

pittychick Big Dog

I completely agree with the gun law issues. If everybody was able to own a gun that would lower the amount of robberies, rape, and many other crimes IMO.

Illegal deportation I agree with as well. Let's face it...if somebody can't follow the laws and come into the country LEGALLY...what makes anybody believe they'll follow the laws once they're here? If you want to come here, that's fine by me just do it the right way.

As far as torture...that's ridiculous. As Frenchie said...if we were run how we were meant to be we wouldn't have to worry. The reason everybody hates us is basically because we always stick our noses where they don't belong and can't mind our own business.

18. NC

NC CH Dog

Ya'll are welcome to your opinions..I respect them. But I also think as much of the problem as my mindset might be... I also think that being of the liberal mindset is just as much of the problem. I am willing to do whatever it took to catch/punish/find out about future plans of people that were aiming to hurt my fellow countrymen..including you liberals. I'm not going to get into a tit for tat match on public forum but if you want to PM me feel free for more in depth discussion. Support torture.. yeah I do, do i believe the picture from Abu Ghraib (sp?) was torture? NO.. Do I think they are being tortured at Guantanamo <sp?>.. NO.. Do I think water boarding is torture.. NO.. Do I think we should torture the people that we KNOW 100% have information we need... yes I do. I'm fine being called twisted.. or f'ed up.. thats fine. But I know what I stand for and I know what I believe in. Like I said I'm glad we aren't fighting a Nazi Germany today because we're not willing to stomach what it takes to win a war.

19. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Ron Paul, liberal? LMAO! Ron Paul is what a true conservative is. Someone who believes in a small central govt. If you think Ron Paul is liberal, then you must be a Neo-Con, because a true Conservative would see this man wants to protect the Constitution and follow the Constition. That my friend is as conservative as you can get!...

I usually vote for the lesser of the two evils as well, but Ron Paul finally seems like a True Candidate instead of a the least of the evil. Yes, his stand on the war isn't very in tune with my views, however, everything else he is saying is pretty much spot on, and he isn't a flip-flopper, which gains my respect. He isn't say, "Let's leave this war because it's suddenly unpopular." He never voted for it to begin with, which is more than any other candidate out there can say....Ron Paul would be the change this country needs, but because he would be so good for the Country, and because he is so honest, people for the most part won't vote for him (though I hope I'm wrong)....

Frenchie, I usually agree Politician (Repub or Dem) sleep in the same bed. We need to remind the Polticians that they work for us, the Citizens, not the other way around. The Politicians could careless if we didn't vote. They would probably be happy we didn't, then they'd make some other messed up law....

Our country is on its way downhill fast. Just read any Roman Empire history, and you will see we are following the same path...We will see if we can pull ourselves out or the tailspin, or if we will crash and burn. As much as I hate to say it, I predict crash and burn....

NCPG, I agree that we can't use the "Geneva Convention" rules against our current enemy. They aren't, so we shouldn't have to as well. We are putting our Men and Women in more dangerous by tying their arms behind their back with the freaken GC rules. Even if we don't torture them, we should be telling the world we are, so that they are a bit more afraid to do something, instead of looking forward to food, a shower, and a warm bed aka being a POW.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2007
  20. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

bump.... just want some more opinions