1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Who the Hell Do You Think You Are?

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by Mrsdano, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Mrsdano

Mrsdano Big Dog

We Wonder, Michael Bryant....
    Who The Hell Do You Think You Are?
    Bill 132 and other breed-specific anti-dog laws, ban entire breeds of dogs based solely on reputation or bad public image, ignoring the fact that the majority of dogs within the breed are upstanding citizens. This law persecutes innocent dogs and their owners in order to pacify the fears of a hysterical, blood thirsty public. If you take the time to look into the facts, any rational human being will realize that this is a misguided piece of legislation. Laws that are enacted to protect the public should be based on behaviour, not specific breeds. In actuality, this type of law is only useful as an instrument for breed extermination. Period.

People have to understand that animals are members of our families, not just “property”. Dogs are living, breathing, feeling, loving, devoted creatures who deserve the appropriate respect. We need to be the voice for our beloved pets who's voices can't be heard.

We here at Kill Bill 132.com are supportive of amending the Dog Owner's Liability Act to punish abusive, irresponsible, and negligent dog owners of any breed, but are absolutely opposed to any Breed Specific Legislation (BSL). This proposed bill by Attorney General, Michael Bryant in it's current form goes against the fundamental principle of law in our society; that being that you are innocent until proven guilty. This applies to both the owner and dog - if you own an unregistered dog of any breed with a large head in proportion to it's body (like Bryant) and your neighbour from hell calls the Pit Bull police, you will lose your dog and your dog may very well lose it's life. Sound far-fetched? Try taking the Find the Pit Bull Test.

Whether you own a Pit Bull or not is completely irrelevant here. Even if you don't own a dog at all, you should still be very concerned. Perhaps next time it will be something you love that the media will launch a baseless fear campaign against, and it will be your family members that will suffer the government's problem-reaction-solution-take away your rights nightmare that responsible Pit Bull owners are suffering with now. We cannot allow this law to devastate countless numbers of human lives and needlessly cause the genocide of innocent dogs.

All of us here at Kill Bill 132.com are lifetime dog owners. As well, some of us have worked or still do work with dogs in some professional capacity. Yes, we take the responsibility of dog ownership very seriously and realize that it is a privilege, not a given right to care for any one of Mother Nature's creatures until death do us part. Please know that the vast majority of Pit Bull owners do not fit the "typical pit bull owner" stereotype that the media and the Liberal government perpetuate. Don't fall victim to their lies! Those whom own "muscle" breeds for all the wrong reasons, or simply dog owners who haven't got a clue what serious ownership entails, need to be punished to the full extent of the law when laws are broken.

We need to band together and show the AG that his media induced fear-mongering does not phase us and we will knock down his exaggerated statistics and out-and-out lies! Punish the deed, not the breed!

We are going to need everybody to bring their A-Game if this provision is to be defeated. Go forth and multiply!

Get angry, get involved and tell Ontarians why BSL is BS!!

2. Judy

Judy CH Dog

Good post, Mrs. D

3. Mrsdano

Mrsdano Big Dog

Why Thank You Judy, I don't understand how Michael Bryant can ban our breed when he doesn't even know what they look like or what there features are. It boggles my mind.

4. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Ignorance.

5. Miles

Miles Big Dog

I propose a dog ban... Not a breed ban but a species ban... After we rid the world of dogs.. Just imagine, we can now sleep soundly knowing drugs, guns, and murders are on the rise but dog bites and dog attacks are at an all time low...

ahhhh bliss...

6. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Geeze, you better be careful. This hasn't been proposed yet, so someone may run with it, lol . . .

7. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

LOL. Italy is working on it with 92 breeds banned.

8. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

I don't think I can even name 92 breeds.

What the heck is wrong with dangerous dog laws? So simple and yet so far away . . .

9. Miles

Miles Big Dog

I can:

Affenpinscher, Afghan Hound, Airedale Terrier, Akita, Alaskan Malamute, American Eskimo Dog, American Foxhound, American
    Staffordshire Terrier, American
    Water Spaniel, Anatolian
    Shepherd Dog, Australian
    Cattle Dog, Australian Shepherd, Australian Terrier... Screw this.. I was going to be a smart ass but my copy and paste finger is running out of energy...

I apologize for my worthless post.. I can do 92 breeds but I get bored easy.