1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Who keeps an GB dog as a housepet

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Coachmcewan, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Exactly Good post CC.

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

"I like turtles!"

3. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Turtles bite watch out now, keep your kids away LOL.

4. dayair1

dayair1 Big Dog

LMAO!!! "Be a parent?" What kind of stupid statement is that? I have 3 adult kids, all with college degrees, one with her Masters, one is a high school teacher, my son is in the army officer OTC school. What have you accomplished as a parent?

5. AGame

AGame CH Dog

im not being a smart ass nor am i being an asshole but those accomplishments are your kids accomplishmemnts not yours just for being there parents you may have put them through school and what have you that is your accomplishments but i am glad you did your best raising your kids and that they got good educations just because your a good parent does not ensure that you children won't turn out to be lil shits plenty of good parents deal with drug addicts and thieves for children and also i do not think it is right for one to try to knock anothers parenting skills less it be they are beating them and are showing blatent neglect

6. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

boze

the people i have delt with has nothing to do with a dog biteing(people)

in the words of a good man....SON IF YOU AINT EVER BEEN BIT THEN YOUR NOT BULLDOGGING......

7. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

theres to many ways to get bit, be it mauled or nicked

though i have never been mauled i have had k-9s
    in my arm, in my hand(mouth fully closed)
    happy bites to the calves,
    cur bit, had a dog go for my face

all of these dogs i was familiar with and none were man biters in the least except the one that lunged at my face

shit happens man i just dont want the shit to happen to my kids

so bulldogs and kids stay seaperate round my camp no matter how friendly the dogs seem to be

8. if you really want a game bred for a house dog ask some of the breeders if they have real tight bred dogs, they may have a cold one and those are always fine with everybody, kids,dogs,cats, they don't know they're bulldogs and don't have the tools to learn otherwise. jmo, I don't keep mine in the house

9. blackcloud

blackcloud Big Dog

I've kept GB dogs as house pets for the last 50 years and have never had a problem, if you have young children and want peace of mind get yourself a Staffybull, I've found the Staffys to be incredibly tolerant of children's rough housing. Staffys make great house dogs and because of their size they are easy to handle.

10. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

lol get your panties out of a bunch it was a statement not an attack thats probably why your werent quoted :) all u have to do is be a parent it shouldn't matter be it around bulldogs the neighbors lab or the dag on neighbor WATCH YOUR CHILDREN thats all there is too it i'm not even sure why this thread is still alive watch your kids around everything there children the world is crazy full of hazardous things and if you feel completely safe with your children around anything than your wrong if you oversee your children regurally then why should you have to more so around a dog.... the neighbors kids climbs under my gate yesterday he got a cut so deep in his arm he needed stitches but because my dogs weren't out he didnt need to watch his son? and congrats on the kids but obviously u neglected to read the post and get the full meaning behind it dont take things to heart so fast

11. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

btw dayair i re read my post and i was giving yours a thumbs up u said it simple and sweet and i was agreeing

12. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

Great Quote!

13. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

This is the truth. Someone who actually understands and has been around real gamedogs.

14. His quote would apply to ANY dog, not just a game bred APBT.

15. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Thanks Benthere

Boogie

we can always agree to disagree

this breed is not any other dog

but to me thats even more of a reason to keep them apart

16. Frank

I wasn't agreeing, nor disagreeing. I simply pointed out that the post benthere quoted applies to all dogs not just APBT's. It's as simple as that.

17. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

agreed with boogieman, he was talking about being bitten by other dogs so making an assumption that he's been around game dogs and knows the breed according to that post alone ... i duno.

18. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Said the person that got bit by every other breed out there in the whole wide world EXCEPT for a female Lab LMAO.

19. dayair1

dayair1 Big Dog

I apologize for miss reading it. I am usually a lot tougher skinned than that anyways. I must of been tired and moody at the time.
    As a side note to my post;
    When I said Kids and stable dogs are fine together. I don't mean infants, toddlers, or young children.
    "Not worth taking a chance". And I have found that a stable dog is one that will look you straight in the eye, wants to make a bond with you and the family. And is never quirky, or sketchy, in his/her behavior. At least this is what I have found with the dogs I have owned. And I have never had one single incident with any dog, or with any child and my dogs.

20. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

saiyagin

come on bro i have never owned every breed of dog

but i have been bitten by a few different breeds and mixes

except that lab named lady she was our best friend

p.s. its easy to be a clown but clowns are only distractions from reality

b.banks

in the post benthere refered to

i was talking about bulldogs bro

give it more time and you will see for yourself