1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Who keeps an GB dog as a housepet

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Coachmcewan, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

A female Lab? Not only did he mention the breed but also the sex of the dog too , am I the only one found this shit to be funny? LMAO.

I would trust one of my own GB bulldogs more then any other breed of dog out there.

2. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

Thought you only had Chi's? :P :P

3. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Yeah my GB bulldog chihuahuas LOL

4. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

yeah i said breed and sex

my reason being is thats the only dog sex/breed
    that i personaly have not been bitten by

and i was a child at that

so laugh if you must

but my bulldogs stay where the KIDS DONT PLAY

ITS MUCH SAFER THAT WAY

5. Boze

Boze Top Dog

is that a serious answer, because if it is then you def get dogs from the wrong ppl i aint walked a yard yet that i cant go out there without the owner and handle every dog without a single worry and havent seen one where kids can not be around the dogs

6. AGame

AGame CH Dog

Damn so you have been biten by over 150+ breed of dogs damn buddy you had every breed known to man didn't ya and then some if it has teeth there is a chance it will bite one would be stupid to think that a breed of dog would not bite no matter the breed you just have to know the dog and know wether it is fit to be around children and around them supervised at that be it a female lab or a male GSD and i guess you weren't around many female labs with pups because any female dog with pups can get that ass too some are very protective anyway i find that shit laughable

7. venom

venom Top Dog

bro i think he meant he was bit by every other breed he has owned lol

8. AGame

AGame CH Dog

Yea i know i was having a lil fun at his expense LOL but yea like i said if it has teeth it can bite :P

9. venom

venom Top Dog

exactly, thats why I trust no animal with my son.

I'm not saying any dog will just maul your kids out of no where, but even if its less than 0.1% of a chance... your dogs encounters your child well over 1,000 times in his life time and one time is all it takes. so I would take extrodanary precaution with my child.

u can always be to careless but never to careful.

10. olrts

olrts Banned

no one can ever trust a dog up to 100%
    and why?
    a dog is a animal not a computer, you cannot program his brain like a computer
    you cannot take a look in his mind? ok then you cannot trust him 100%

11. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

I guess I can understand where people are coming from. but everyone is always running around talking about how dogs can't be trusted with kids, but other people do harm kids 10000000 times more than a dog ever will. And those same people who talk about being soooo careful with the kids and the dogs will let the kids go to a daycare, or school, or the park, etc etc. So they trust their kids with people (who are far more dangerous) but not with the dog?

My point is, dogs and kids are fine together when done responsibly. Don't leave them unattended together, and things will be fine. No one and no thing can be trusted 100%

12. NorCalTim

NorCalTim Big Dog

I will not sell a "guard dog" to someone. However, when a single woman and her boy have one of my dogs, it aint doing to protect them in the middle of the night from an intruder if they are on a chain.

13. NorCalTim

NorCalTim Big Dog

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uOxDos0I1gs?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>
    Good thing she did. He may not be the "game dog", however he looks close to say the least. He is game.:cool:

14. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

at the expense of me well laugh it up

thank you venom i can only speak for what i have owned or encountered for myself

15. hardluck

hardluck Banned

Video was great. What a dog!!

16. olrts

olrts Banned

At topic:

When i´m around its no problem, but if the dogs alone sometimes they will show their dominance...

Otherwise i quote my answer #70

you cannot control a dog 100% - dont leave them alone with kids!

17. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

You can't trust a dog 100% but that doesn't mean you can't have one with kids. I would never leave ANY dog alone with kids. In fact I read in the news a few years ago where a Pomeranian mauled a baby to death. NO dog of ANY breed should ever be left alone with kids. But with socialization and supervision I think a GB APBT will be a great dog for you family.

18. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

Ive had a dog go after my kid and when my wife got in front of him she got bit and had 60 stitches,never seen it comming he was a very well behaved dog intell that day.You never know.

19. dayair1

dayair1 Big Dog

Good post, I agree. But I have probably been more fortunate than some other members on here with my dogs. I have only been bitten once in my life, and that was by a neighbors old gsd.
    And your right, stable dogs and kids are fine together when supervised.

20. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

really thats all there is too supervision....be a parent