1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Who has the breeds best interest in mind?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Hells Bells, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I thought instead of furthering the (for the blood) thread being off topic. I would start a new one. Please be respectful in your conversation. There is no reason to personally attack anyone OR their pets. (pets as in any animal you choose to keep in your care)

So who has the breeds best interest in mind. Keep it civil. And please keep in mind that we all love our dogs and we are all on this forum and other pit bull forums for reasons of trying to provide our dogs with the best quality of life.

2. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

I like to think that all serious fanciers have the breeds best interest in mind. However, what is "best" is certainly relative.

I believe in a happy medium. The general public doesn't want to concern itself with the finer aspects of the APBT, but they sure love to call the breed out when something does arise. Folks like you & I, who do public PR work, can certainly help alter the "ban 'em all" mindset. However, we need to have a firm understanding of the breed and be honest with what we have and what we choose to present to the Average Joe.

Times have changed, and I do believe that without turning the tides of public perception, we will eventually be SOL when it comes to owning these dogs.

3. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I do of course:)

4. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

GSD I just want you to know I really respect your opinion, and you as a person... We need more people like you... I am only sorry I didn't get to know you better when I was in FL.

5. velli2008

velli2008 Big Dog

myself know i hav the breed's best interest at heart.And believe me, i try my best to pursuade others to d the same. I can not stand "pitbull hatred" it sickens me to the worst degree.I do everything in my power to ensure that my dogs live their lives to the healthiest and fullest extent. and i make sure they enjoy every moment of it. I LOVE THIS BREED!!!! Besides that, MY dogs rock!! LOL. :p

6. LilBoogieMan

LilBoogieMan Big Dog

Who knows who has the breeds best interest in mind. I have met and net worked with a good deal of APBT people and breeders, and i'm still not sure at times. A few folks come to mind. Tons of fake people out there. You have to get to know them real well, and how they do business.

7. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

I think that anybody who shows respect for our dogs has the best intrest.. But some people who have the best interest don't know how to care for our dogs... Just like most parents love their child but some turn out to be terrible parents... So at the end of the day, those who have the best interest are the ones who take the time to learn our breed and do the best to preserve them to true form.

8. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I was thinking more of the game bred owners vs what you like to call pet bulls. Whats wrong with a well cared for pit bull as a pet? Especially if the owner does everything to ensure it's safety. I'm like white on rice keeping an eye on Helena.

9. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

^ where is the Pit at Mods^

10. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

11. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Where has anyone stated that they have an issue with a "well cared for" pet pit bull? :rolleyes: