1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Who are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SLICK WILLIE, Jan 14, 2008.

1. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I been all over this world for these dogs... injured by nature... almost killed by men...lied about, talked about, even called sub human things... and from there I was then declared to be worse things than you could imagine...all because through my experiances I just to tried one day to do one thing...love gamedogs. Nobody can ever say I didnt try to help them when asked or educate the current moron... and I have never started a rumor or talked shit behind anyones back. Just trying to do my thing and have my dogs and teach whoever wants to learn the truth about real bulldogs to overall preserve them.

2. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

This has been a heck of a thread so far! Thank you everyone. SW

3. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

My Bad, My name is Brian.I am 35 years old, I live in south of Atlanta. I recently got married last year as most of you know. I currently own 2 dogs. I have a Carin Terrier and a APBT named Hemi. He was farmed to me by 50. I have been in the game about over 10 years now. Nothing major had a couple of junk yard dog pitbulls and I had my favorite boy Smokey, who past last year. Looking forward to moving to another house so I can get a nice Jeep girl. Thats what I want now but it is so much out there that I am kinda confused. Thats why I like coming on this site cause sometimes when we talk dogs we have some really good forums that come out. I have made some good friends on here and some foes but it is all good.
    The reason I got into the dogs was I had a friend that had a nice OFRN dog that could run straight up a tree that was the craziest shit I had ever seen. We would take this dog to the old play ground and make him jump up and grab the swing bottom she could hang on that damn swing seemed like for hours. I at the time hadn't seen anything like that before. Not to mention the dog could jump a six foot fence like it was nothing. Since then I never wanted anything else....

4. pitbull9704

pitbull9704 Big Dog

I love this site....to me it's the best....Thankx Marty for a great outlet..

[​IMG]

5. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

No, you didn't. I was born in Frankfort and grew up there. My father was in contruction, so we moved a lot!!! My roots are still blue too. Nothing like a Southerner...

6. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

What the hell. I am 31 live in Metro Atlanta (I am moving at the end of the month to Florida). I am a Vet Tech. I own 2 dogs. I grew up with this breed. My father owned them. Always loved the breed. So when I was in Vet Tech School in Colorado I got Scrappy (Redboy/Carver). And I got Mike (Watchdog/Redboy) from a friend when he got sick as a pup and since I worked at a Vet hospital I could treat him at a discounted rate. And after exploratory surgery, ultrasound, a week on fluids he was all better. And mine with his ADBA and UKC paperwork. I show Mike. I want to pull him. He just turned 2 and after I move I am getting him OFA'd to make sure he is healthy to pull. I was born in Milwaukee WI lived there for 1 yr moved between Daytona Beach FL and Milwaukee while I was growning up and have been in ATL off and on since I was 17.

7. I didn't know that this thread was going this direction when I first replied, but since were all sharing more here goes...

My first name is Demitrius, and like I said I make my living as a professional soldier. I am married with 3 kids, and one on the way. I do not have a yard, nor do I aspire to have one. I do though have a lot of respect for those that are breeding to better the APBT with criteria, titling, and staying true to the traditional form. I am strongly opposed to fad breeding, and people using bulldogs as "statements." No sir, you are not tough because you have a big dog at the end of a leash. I do have a good pup that I happened upon, and he is more than a handful for my current lifestyle. I took him and a brother from a wannabe dogmen when his circumstances changed. I found a home for the brother, and kept the one that I favored. Is he game bred? That is to be desired, but I took from a wanna be that didn't know shit, and he got him from a "breeder" that crosses jeep/redboy dogs back into colby dogs here in Middle TN. I ended up tracking that breeding scum bag down, and giving him a piece of my mind. Enough said. He is a pet, and I am quite happy with that. My current interests are learning more about weight pull, learning more about conf. showing, and learning more about this breed every day.

I was introduced to bulldogs and animal husbandry at a tender young age by my great uncle (in Mississippi). He's a korean war vet that has kept dogs since the 50s/60's as far as I know. He's ran Colby dogs, later Eli/Carver crosses, and most lately he has a few maverick dogs that he prefers to linebreed and outcross with Zebo blood (he is one that beleives Eli jr. sired Zebo BTW) At the most he's has over a hundred dogs on his yard, and well into his late 70's he keeps over 70 dogs...bullmastiffs, patterdales, and APBTs. He is like SW described above...throws on his rubber boots twice a day, feeds/waters/picks up shit/conditions dogs and loves every minute of it. I learn and have learned alot from him, and his attitude. I am a firm beleiver that good animal husbandry will end many issues that are ruining the APBTs contemporary reputation.

I am all for education, and presenting this breed in a positive light. I have never put two dogs together to create life, and I do not have aspirations to breed dogs. I would rather leave that to people that can and will do it right. Title your dogs, breed best to best, breed in regard to temperment, and don't fall into fad breeding is my message to the public. It's all about knowing and respecting history, and trying to be good stewards of this great breed that was handed to us.

Also...I enjoy my time on this board, and on pitbull-chat.com and I am a firm beleiver that after a few posts you'll usually know if someones heart is in it, or their mouth.

I hope that was a little more open...

**edit...I forgot to mention I am not, nor do I aspire to be a dogman! Only a student of the breed, and its history.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2008
  8. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I was introduced to bulldogs and animal husbandry at a tender young age by my great uncle (in Mississippi). He's a korean war vet that has kept dogs since the 50s/60's as far as I know. He's ran Colby dogs, later Eli/Carver crosses, and most lately he has a few maverick dogs that he prefers to linebreed and outcross with Zebo blood (he is one that beleives Eli jr. sired Zebo BTW) At the most he's has over a hundred dogs on his yard, and well into his late 70's he keeps over 70 dogs...bullmastiffs, patterdales, and APBTs. He is like SW described above...throws on his rubber boots twice a day, feeds/waters/picks up shit/conditions dogs and loves every minute of it. I learn and have learned alot from him, and his attitude. I am a firm beleiver that good animal husbandry will end many issues that are ruining the APBTs contemporary reputation.

Hey man that is pretty cool.

9. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Politically correct,

As some of you know yesterday I was slandered by one "DRAGO5519". "DRAGO5519" logged into my forum on my website to make his or her accusations as to tell me what a poor owner I am. They have cast judgment on me but fail to identify themselves and give creditable information about their concerns toward myself and this forum. Yes! This forum was mentioned as to being basically a bunch of uneducated morons talking dogs! This individual is among you in this forum and mocks the fact that you come here to get information. DRAGO5519 is a member of this forum under a different name. He or she has jumped the wall and hiding like a Cur.

I can only give information on things I have been educated on as far as these dogs go. I do present positive and factual information as given to me from time to time by my Mentor and personal experiences with the breed. Maybe this "DRAGO" took one of my post the wrong way and is really hurt over the issue. I could point many fingers at a lot of screen names on this site but I will not in the open forum. I am not going to stoop to the low slimy level as they have about this issue of whether or not a man or woman is a good owner. Never the less I will keep preaching the word and hope someone will listen for a change.

I understand the need for information and education and no one is above learning! Many people have spent many years learning these dogs and searching for the truth to become the best they can be. I have spent much of my time doing the same thing over the past decade to try and accomplish the same thing. "DRAGO5519" insist on accusing me of being a perfectionist and placing myself above others with these dogs! I consider no one under me except for morons and want to b's that do not seek to better themselves at all. To them a dogman is a back yard roller and that is very sad to know!

"DRAGO" I am now going to stand on my soap box and preach to you about who I am. I was born dirt poor in Keokee, VA in a coal mining community! Went to school and graduated and lived like a thug for a few years until I met my wife. Worked many jobs and played in a rock band for a while called "Intake". No luck with going to Hollywood and looked to other ways to make money when I found the Marine Corps. For 10 years I have served my country and loved every bit of it. DRAGO, Yes, I am a Marine with a nasty mouth but I have yet to meet another that wasn't at some point in time but I still help people that need help and mostly older folks.

Politically correct? Not hardly and don't plan to change anytime soon. I have been married for 15 years to Allison my lovely wife and we have three boys William, Jacob and Tyler. The boys are very active with the dogs and do very well at the dog shows. My sons are not like me at all and enjoy chatting with all the folks at the shows as some of you will meet them in the future. We Have Buckshot/Red Rebel, Redboy/Snooty, Redboy/Boyles, Spike/Renegade which count to be 24 dogs not including the two house dogs, Macy APBT is a big puss and Bitty is A chi-wa-wer that sleeps on Macy's back! Lol

What I do is, consider myself better than I was back in the day and that’s why I am a bit arrogant and self loving! I am proud of what I have become and have done for my family! I am proud of my friends and family and what they have done for me over the years. I am proud of the people that come on here not knowing anything and willing to learn something. It's not me being a bragger! It's me being me and willing to learn and teach at the same time is what separates the man from a boy and a woman from a girl. I am not above learning anything and never claimed to be.

A few days after I was banned from this site I realized something! Things I said on here meant something to people and how do I know this? Well, emails came in on a Daly basis of what happened Slick? I was stunned that I had made a difference with just my index fingers. I do have many friends on here and hope to meet them all someday soon. Marty, Suki, GAPITS, MIA, BOI BOI, Wayne, Coolhandjean, DJ, Hemi, Jaystreets and so many others it's hard to keep up with them all. As far as my Mentors go they choose to stay unknown but they know your mentor Marty:). I have to say I've learned many things from everyone on here and gave advice to a few that needed it. With all this said, I have been able to have my cake and eat it to. My utmost respect to all, except this one! Man up or shut up DRAGO5519!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2008
    ghost 1 likes this.
  10. I'm not Colby, Hammond, Carver, or Tudor... And I don't claim to be.. I boxed for a few years & now I'm a jiujitsu/submission grappler. I'm allowed to do what I was bred and love to do, and I believe our animals should be allowed to do the same... There is no such thing as a stupid question if you don't know the answer.

11. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

I'm just a highschool student with a love of dogs. I grew up in a household that always had at least three dogs, a few cats, and whatever else we could afford to feed.

I attend school, work a part time job, and take care of "my" dogs. Without getting too personal, I grew up in Florida. I have a strong interest in culinary arts, & I am hoping to attend Johnson and Wales when I do graduate.

I've only recently become involved with the APBT, and started to attend ADBA/AADR sanctioned shows a few years ago. My local club's president was kind enough to give me a dog from her latest breeding, so I'll see where I go from here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2008
  12. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

edit, a little bit of advice...what you do in your own time shouldnt be advertised on this forum. sorry if this isnt my business marty, but that needs edited

13. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

edit to stay on track

As far as me having a website that shows the family showing the dogs is just a hobby. A lot of people have websites and show dogs and family! Yes I talk about my mentor very often only to inform people that the information I'm giving has come from him. I am not taking credit for thing's he has shown and taught me.

You chimed in with assumptions toward the PBC as doing dog's! Even Marty posted to the thread. Man, in fact we are showing our dogs at shows and pulls and doing what we can to be better than the average owner. I get tired of people assuming what is going on without facts. I fell off the turnip truck yesterday!!! Lol

This was just a chat session for people to kind of let lose. That was it and nothing more and now you know the rest of the story. I was not talking or pointing fingers at you in any post Man. That’s you assuming things again without sending me a pm and asking me before you got bent. Be damn sure if I was aming at you I would have been banned again.

miakoda likes this.
  14. thepitpalace

thepitpalace Big Dog

Name is Tami, I have 1 son and 17 dogs. My husband works in the oilfield, which has afforded me the oppurtunity to stay home and take care of dogs. Unfortunetly I do not have a dogman close by, that I know of anyway, so I have learned by trial and error. I have owned bull dogs for about 4 yrs now. Do not now or will I ever claim to know what I am doing, lol. Everyday is a learning experience. But the education comes quickly when you spend 24/7 with the dogs. Spent several years in the Navy and the National Guard, I have an associates degree in Manufacturing and I am 4 classes from having a Masters in Business Management. I take care of my son, my dogs and help with my elderly grandparents.

15. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Alright, I'll give this thing a try lol

Names Jenn, 26 yr old female. I currently have 4 dogs. I have been a Vet Tech for years, but now work from home. I own an Arabian breeding/training/boarding facility that i started 1 1/2 years ago - and love it. I am into cars, 4Wheeling, Art, vacationing, camping... pretty much anything outdoors!

I've loved the allmighty Bulldog for many years. My friends owned some before me, large red monsters lol. Thats what i came up around, and thats what i started looking for. My 1st APBT was a Hemphill/Wallace bred male. I was looking for that big thick beast of a mutt, but lucked out and got a decent gamebred dog (still have him, hes in my gallery under Thor). From there, i got a bitch of a dog - lab/pit bull type dog that horrible dog stayed with the X when i left! lol Through trial and error, got a few dogs from bad situations, one i gave to my BF's mother, who was a "Pit Bull hater for LIFE", and now she has 2 that sleep at the bottom of her bed everynight ;)

Started researching the breed, and came into some Carver/Jeep dogs and went from there. The GD bug bit me hard! ;) So, this is where i am now :D

16. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

I had to come back to this one more time. I feel I did come off the wrong way to some that have had a rough life but ain't we all. For this Young Man to reply to this and being honest got me thinking! A lot of us were the same way at one time back in the day. I want to apologize to you if I made a remark that sounded like it was aimed toward you yourself. The point was people that use drugs as an income to fund dogs and dogs to fund drugs. Out of all the dog related incidents on the news it also accompanied by drugs and drug paraphernalia.

When I speak of people that have dogs and stay with their parents and I say they are dead beats! I know there are many that have to lay their head in their parents home. Some have to take care of their folks and help out with the bills. I understand every ones life is different and complex and things don't always turn out like you planed. I have been on the other side of the fence also but I have a great hate for the actions of people but not toward the individual.

I just want you to know that these dogs are not meant to be in the hands of reckless owners. Drugs cause a lot of problems with everything! Your relationships, family, friends and your dogs. Many a good Dog man have lost the reality of things and let drugs bring him down to almost nothing. I lost my brother to drugs and running with the wrong crowed. If you misplace reality and lose the game because of drugs so does you wife, kids, girl friend or just anybody close to you.

I can get you a Job Brother! Might not be what you want to hear but the Military has openings all the time. Go ahead and say it! Slick your fucking crazy man... If you knew me before I joined the Marine Corps. you'd would have said NO WAY is slick you don't look the type for it. Your young and seem to be pretty bright and have some drive in your heart for them dogs.

It's not glamorous sapitbulls but it pays the bills my man. A lot of men have found peace later in life by standing up and doing things for their country. You will not always like the work but damned if you wont shut someone up when they go bashing what has to go on to keep the freedom we do have.

You have what it takes to be a Military man! Do you have it in you to be that man you want to be? Honor, Courage and Commitment Brother! Nothing to it, but to do it!!! Slick

17. Billy J.,

"Who am I "

I am nobody.

I will be 62 years old if I live till July 2008.

I ain't no dogman. I just always have dogs. They are normaly of the bully type. I like Rottwielers, Chow Chows, German Shepherds, American Bulldogs, & American Pit Bull Terriers. I have owned more Chows over a longer period of time than anythang else. I git attached to dogs, but they are just another animal. I have cried like a baby while diggin a grave for a dog that got killed by cars or some other means. It has finally got to the point that I have to keep them in a pen or on a chain. I like a chain better than a pen. Out in the country is hard to find, anymore & I been here too long to move. Down thru the years I have had about every kind of dog ye can think of, except an in-house dog.

I have four dogs. Three APBT's and a half Chow [Sire] & Half Rott [dam]. I owned both parents. The breeding was an accident. There were two pups and only one lived, it is solid black. The other was solid red. I wish they had both lived. The dog in my avatar is out of my APBT, OFRN, female. He was fourteen months old there. He will be two years old come 2-3-2008.

Just so you'll know if I have a problem with you, or anyone else, "you" or "anyone else" will be the first to know, in private. But I have figgered out that the best way to handle something like that is to ignore it, since it is on the internet. If, up close and personal, that is another thang altogether. But I still try to keep it private, if allowed to. I do not need someone to hold my hand.

Best I can tell, you are alright. Ye know a whole lot more about APBT's than I do, and that is why I am on this , and other, forums. To learn about APBT's and dogs in general. And I have gotten a lot of useful help, with out even using my index fingers very much.

As far as BYB. I will if I take a notion. And then give the pups away. I ain't never sold a dog in my life. Oops, I lied. I sold a grown Black & Tan Hound, that I raised, for $50.00 once. Best tree dog I ever saw, but she would not trail at all. She just stayed with me till the other dogs treed, then when we got there she would go crazy and was always the first one on the coon when it hit the ground.

I hope this is what you wanted to know and that I haven't upset anyone.

Bullyson likes this.
  18. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

That's alright! I appreciate the Addy to the thread. Thanks, Bill

19. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

for as long i could remember,,, waking up as a kid checking the dogs in the morning to make sure all is good,, and checking everynight before bed,,, i grew up like this for as my dad is what introduced me into this,,, i am 34 but have had bulldogs all but about 4 or 5 years, i'm just a poor ol countryboy out in arkansas that has changed alot from my younger years,,, i get tickled at times alot of ppl that know me think im a mean person but when they get to know me they telll me i'm really a nice guy,,,i was raised to where you give someone the respect they give you,,, and dont start nothing, but you better be the one who finishes it,,

20. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I knew your screen name was trying to tell us something...LOL :D

I'm Beth and I've been into "Pit Bulls" for going on 6 years or so, exclusively gamedogs for about 2. Currently I own none. Gamedogs, that is. I have a backyard bred petunia APBT named Dante I bought from an idiot 3 1/2 years ago. We all start somewhere. I also had a fiesty little APBT bitch named Natas who passed away last year. Also in the abode is a hurricane Katrina rescue GD named Ranger. 4 parrots and 2 children. 1 husband.
    My love for "Pit Bulls" took me down the "Pit Bull Advocacy" route via dog rescue about 4 years ago until I was flushed out into the open and flogged by an AR group for being an actual bulldog LOVER who advocated euthanasia for unadoptable dogs as opposed to recklessly homing dogs with poor owners. In 2006 I spoke out publicly against Tammy Grimes, the president of the AR organization Dogs Deserve Better, and got nothing short of death threats from AR people for the better part of 6 months. After I realized most (NOT all) rescue groups/organizations were AR looney tunes and I stopped affiliating with them I found my way here and discovered there were actually sane animal lovers out there. Excluding you, SLICK- you're crazier than a shithouse rat. LOL :D
    As soon as all my ducks are in a row and I feel I'm ready I will be looking to start a small yard of dogs I can do something with ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008