1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Who are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SLICK WILLIE, Jan 14, 2008.

1. pitbull9704

pitbull9704 Big Dog

What's up everybody, my name is Jesus. I'm from philly and I'm 25. I've always loved APBT since birth. I really started getting into them at 13. I've also had the chance to own a couple game dogs, mainly Red Boy/ Jocko line. I'm still learning about these great animals. I hunt hog sometimes in the south, and the reason i joined this forum is because I'm hoping to learn from all of you what It means to be a game dog man....I don't claim to be this or that, I am what i am..A person trying to love and save a breed we all hold close to our hearts..I'm also a father of a beautiful boy who will be 4 this year, and a husband...i hope you guys, and ladies, will allow me to learn from you....Thankx
    [​IMG]

2. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

My name is Lindsay. 27 years old, white female, tattooed and usually underestimated. LOL Right now I don't work for various reasons, but have been a public grunt (aka gas station clerk, retail clerk, clerk this and that) in the past. Married for 3 years to a good guy who I was able to get hooked on the dogs. I met the breed through a mix of some sort that my stepfather brought home when I was 8 years old, and had various BYB dogs after that. Got my first registered APBT at the beginning of 2004, and am now up to 3. We compete with our adult in agility, obedience and weight pull, and would love to get her into dock diving as well. Pups are being trained for the show ring, and will explore the other sports later on. Outside the dogs, I'm an anti-social geek who likes the outdoors, swimming, shooting, video games, reptiles, reading, and computer stuff.

ETA: I've made plenty of mistakes in the past, have learned a great deal from them, and will hopefully never repeat them. I consider myself a student of the breed. I hope I can be old and grey and still have something new to learn about these dogs.

How's that? :)

3. sapitbulls

sapitbulls Guest

I dont know exactly how to take this thread. I get where your comming from yet there a part that pisses me off. Like your comming of as your a nobody if you use drugs our have no job and own a apbt our you dont know shit because you do this. Yet it like your complaining about having to take care of a shit load of dogs when that's what you wanted to do and choosed too. I get where your comming from where there alot of people that use pit bulls to seem cool our breed to make money our fashion wtf ever. That shit gets to me too but i mean that isnt going to change and it will prob just get worse and worse. Until they prob just ban pit bulls in generall. Our have some kind of law and test to be able to own a pit bull. And if that was the case you would not have a yard of dogs. Now to piss everybody off.

Name chris live in michigan Im 20, live with my parents and my gf house i am a convicted felon with no job. Own a semi bully am staff and a game dog. Now hate, but before you do must understand i did lots of fucked up shit in my life to fuck me over. And where im from there no jobs and i try i have side jobs just to be able to take care of my dogs with food, supplements and vet visit if something wrong if you know me you would understand how much i care for my dogs and take care of them and even when im out with freinds i dont stay because i have to come home and take care of them let them out. I even have to where basic ass clothes cant save up nothing because the little money i do make goes all to my dogs. I dont give a fuck what people want to think about me i love my dogs take care of them. HATE IF YOU WANT.

4. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Well Bro, if you are telling the truth then being honest is better than most that have been on here before and I respect that and it got you to speak your mind! That's a Man that will fight to fix things!!! Thanks SW

5. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

my name is woody, and i am a 33 year old construction worker. i have two daughters, (Haley 11, and Hannah 7). i have two dogs, Riot, who is a little gamebred pup, and Maiden, i guess youd call her am-pit, as she is 1/4 AKC am staff. my first exposure to the breed came when my old mans buddy did "a little time", and dad took in his dog. i was maybe 4, and even then, i can remember thinking that something was different about this dog. ive been into the breed since,and even when i didnt own one, ive studied the breed. i dont claim to know it all, but i do love to talk dogs!

6. Breogan

Breogan Big Dog

The name's Danny, I'm 23 and I live in New York with my girlfriend. I've been supporting us for almost four years now. Didn't get thrown out or anything just thought it was time to "man up" as they say. Got into the dogs three or four years ago. Learned alot from the people who I got into the dogs with. Now looking to expand my knowledge beyond what they can offer. I guess you could say I have one bulldog and 3 mutts. I take the best care of them possible. Keep em healthy and happy. Never done drugs but I like a drink now and then. Spent years laying sewer lines, now I'm apprenticed to become an electrician. Not much more to me Work, College, Dogs and trying to get some sleep and some drinks in before it starts all over. Anything else you guys wanna know you just ask.
    By the Way Slick nice site. What!?!? no puppies for sale? LOL Just Kidding

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2008
  7. Mr.Billfold

Mr.Billfold Big Dog

I am Jay,I'm 30 years old, raising two sons now.

The pups you see in my gallery are off of two bulldogs that proved their worth to me personally. Are they BYB, yes indeed, in so far as it happened in my yard. DId I breed Angel and Kane just for soem pups? Hell no. Like SLick says, u have to get that truth through your own life experience, not steal ideas from others without proving it to yourself. Are the pups real bulldogs? I'm more than willing to let anyone judge for themselves. I believe in the old ways concerning bulldogs.
    My grandfather kept gamebred APBTs until 86, then got out of bulldogs, mostly due to the influx of the criminal element.

That being said, I am trying everyday to learn more and dedicate myself to the huge responsibility of owning a bulldog. With the sad state of affairs unfolding for APBT's across the country, I am motivated to keep on trying to let folks know what is bulldog myth and what is bulldog fact. I am no where near a dogman, but I find myself knowing more than most around here who wants to talk about bulldogs.

I am a former Marine, so like Slick, I place value on honesty and integrity. Syrup on shit dont make it pancakes.
    keep on keeping it real folks.

8. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

You know what I'm about Brother you know!!! Thanks a million.

9. Marty

Marty Guest

Well I'm Marty, 5o yrs old and been in the dogs about half my life, I meet Irish Jerry some 20 yrs ago and worked my ass off for my first dog, then worked my ass off for my second dog, taken care of some 100 dogs, you see I started out shoveling shit, raking runs, feeding and watering all these dogs all whiles learning all I could from a real dogman that has proved himself to the world before 1976 mind ya, I have took care of myself since I was 19 got married in 1977 and lived with my wife for 22 yrs and couldn't take it anymore lol Had one son, you all know him as Shon, after 20 yrs I now have the best of the best as far as I'm concerned (IMO), I think most people that know me knows I'm not a fake, I do get down and out sometimes but my dogs always brings me through it all, if I didn't have a bulldog I don't know where I'd be right now...
    There are alot of members here that have meet me and can vouch for me :D

Damn Slick I've never made an introduction on my own site... you brought it out in me Bro ;)

10. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Well, I've been called just about everything, but basically just a country girl. I'm Linda, born and raised in Kentucky and had pets all my life, from cats to billygoats. I currently have 6 dogs, pets and I love them all. They are all terriers, in one way or another and very fiesty. Don't have game dogs, and probably never will. I was hoping to train Fudge as search and rescue, but those plans fell through. So I'll just look on as you real doggers do your thing and still ask stupid ? from time to time. I do love the breed though. Hope it will reign forever,
    and I believe in my sig. Forgot to add 3 beautiful daughters and 5 grands. Gotta love kids.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2008
  11. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Thank you Lindsay very much! SW

12. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Woody thank you Sir for your reply! SW

13. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Danny, thanks for the intro! SW

14. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Linda, Thank you Lady for your very much for putting up with us rough guys! SW

15. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Thank you marty you are the Man for sure you have my respect and hope to meet you sometime down the road. SW

16. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Just looked at your page Slick. I like Clyde. Kinda sounds like someone I should have married, looks like it too. LOL

17. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

I suppose I'll add to this. My name is Rob I am 37 years old married and have 2 boys. I grew up my entire life life owning APBT's. Grew up on a farm and my uncle Bob who lived next door to us ran an honest yard. Helped take care of all his dogs and our own , I learned alot from him before he passed away in 1990. Through him I met Louis Colby and I have been getting all my dogs from him ever since.

I have no desire to ever breed, its alot of work and takes alot of dedication. I respect anyone who can manage an honest yard, I appreciate all the hard work that all the dogmen have done throughout the years, if it were not for them doing the things they did / do we would not have the dog we all know and love.

18. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Hey to all. I have no probs telling my story. 49 yrs old married mother of 3 owner of 6 GAMEBRED APBT. Husband knew and lived with Maurice Carver for 3 yrs, know AW McCool personally and admire him and his bloodline. Own several. Nurse( in charge of Neurosurgery) for 24yrs. Handle my own Beaudreux bred boy and do make the shows as well. Husband works offshore and I take care of, condition, and vet the dogs by myself. Love it 99.99% of the time. We must protect this breed and stomp out the idiots who just think they know what they are doing going to the dam dog parks with their "pitty" dog. And I guess that is about all. Name is Connie. I like this site as well as some of the others that I frequent. I enjoy conversing with all types of people and give respect to just about anyone within reason. To each his own, but don't diss my pit.

19. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Oh, and let me add to SAPITS. You keep looking up young man, and things will get better. Be as game as these fine dogs we love. Peace.

20. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Linda I use to live in Kentucky I dont know if I told you that already. I lived in Lexington and Elizabethtown....I still bleed BLUE