1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Who all has Tall Dogs?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Brothermarree, Nov 7, 2005.

1. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

LOL. My Dogo is tall enough for me. And Annabelle & Wrigley. I prefer my APBTs the standard size.:D

2. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

You have a Dogo? I love those.

Mine are mixes, so one is too tall, and the other is probably too short, lol . . . gets back to that heart thing. :)

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Yep. Butch. A 3-legged Dogo at that! How bout them apples!:D

4. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Can he hear o.k.?

They seem more popular lately, don't you think??

5. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Yep. He hears too well. Always underfoot when the microwave "dings". My husband keeps threatening to amputate his reamining front leg if he doesn't stay out of the way. And they do seem more popular, but not for the better. They are becomming another breed that is starting to suffer from byb's & puppy peddlers b/c they are still able to taunt them as a "rare" breed. Butch came from P.R. We did not get him from the U.S. And I probably wouldn't at this time.

6. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Sounds spunky---I love spunk. :)

I'm seeing alot of dogs in my local shelters that look like pits, but are tall like Dogos. I wonder if they're being bred together more than we all know . . . : (

7. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

This is Mac and he stands 24". He's a rescue and we're not sure of the mix, but most likely pit/mastiff. He's 20 months old, give or take.

Attached Files:

8. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

Scooby was tall. He was 20 inches at the shoulder.
    [​IMG]

9. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

i posted a pic, but i measure nothing on my dogs, except the heart like Miakoda said!!

10. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

Same here, our dogs are part of our family, not just pets. Our dogs even sleep in our beds.

11. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

Those dogs look good

12. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

my guy in my gallery the seal one is 20 in tall

13. Mrsdano

Mrsdano Big Dog

Still an ugly dog IMO sorry no offence but I still dont think thats what our dog looks like.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/catahoula.htm

14. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Lol, say, that is an ugly one you found. :) I just asked because I have a friend who has a dog that looks like yours and it's part pit/part Catahoula.

You're dog is very regal looking. The pictures you found, you're right . . . are not, lol.

15. Chopper4me

Chopper4me Big Dog

THis is my first time uploading to a post............this is a test! Hope it worked!

16. Chopper4me

Chopper4me Big Dog

ok maybe i need to try again :P

17. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

hmmmm . . . I think it worked the way mine usually do. :)

18. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Yeah, dig around . . . if you like pits, you'll probably find them interesting. The ones I have seen, however, do not have pitty temperments~they're more guarding and can be stand-offish with strangers, but not all. Pretty neat dogs. :)

19. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

they are hunting dogs want one come to south Louisiana lol they all ova its like the regional mutt. they got a prey drive so anything thats running away will probly get chased and like luigi said they can be a lil people agressive with strangers. people crossem out down here with pits and mastiffs to run with their beagles as protection and work at larger game as catch dogs. they runnem here for coons, hogs, etc.