1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

White gums???? Lethargic???

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by yoel, Feb 22, 2010.

1. popper

popper CH Dog

i know my dog one night threw up 3 times in like 20 mins and the final time she vomit a round small bone came out and she was good in themorning running around as usual. you gotta be careful with bones , exspecially the amount of bones you give .. me personallly io dont give a whole lot of bones. So how is he?

2. yoel

yoel Big Dog

okay what is a quality dog kibble? I was feeding Evo but he wouldn't eat everyday. Once I started feeding meat he went at the food EVERY TIME!

3. CTG

CTG Big Dog

canine red cell

4. CTG

CTG Big Dog

sorry, i didnt read through the whole post.

the basics of raw is 1.5%-2% of dogs body weight daily

unless your dog weights 50-60lbs then 16oz is to much

5. yoel

yoel Big Dog

Im going to look into that dog food. I just bought a bag of Evo and to my surprise my dog ate it up quick!

6. CTG

CTG Big Dog

its not dog food its a supplement

[​IMG]

7. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

If you let your dog dictate what food he wants to eat then he is training you instead of the other way around.
    You weren't feeding meat, you were feeding organs and bones. Organs and bones should each comprise 10%, while meat (chicken, beef, venison, etc) makes up the other 80%.
    There is no kibble that can compare to the quality of a proper raw diet.

8. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Well I'm glad to see you stopped feeding the liver and went back to kibble. Keep us posted on how he's doing. I really think that liver was making him sick.

9. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

A 60 lb dog eating 2% of his weight would actually need 19.2 ounces of food. You cant say that 16 ounces would be too much just because the dog is 50-60 lbs. It really depends on how the dog looks and how much exercise it gets. Maybe 19.2 ounces is too much for a dog who lays around all day. But a dog that is worked hard may need that just to maintain his wt. The percentages are a guide and need to be tailored to your specific dog.

10. CTG

CTG Big Dog

never said 16oz was too much for 50-60lbs.

unless his dog weights 50-60 lbs its too much imo.

you just have to eye your animal and see if you should feed more or less depending on activity.

1.5%-2% is just a guide, your right about that.

11. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

Keep in mind that fat soluble vitamines in toxic quantities, if your dog suffers from this, will stay in his fat tissue for a long time and will be released slowly, unless the animal drops weight fast as in dieting / conditioning. In this case, as the fat will get in circulation for energy expenditure fast, the release rate of vitamin A will be very high, causing toxicity again.

12. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

I could swear you just contradicted yourself there. The only other way I could read it is if you are saying that 16oz is only too much for this particular dog if he weighs 50-60 lbs, and not anyone elses 50-60 lb dog, which doesnt make sense to me either. :confused:

13. pitbb

pitbb Pup

"unless your dog weights 50-60lbs then 16oz is to much"

I think what he is trying to say is that if your dog is under 50-60lbs then 16oz is too much? Kind of like "unless you are 21 years or older then drinking is illegal"??

14. CTG

CTG Big Dog

exactly pitbb, is pretty self explanatory

15. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

OK I see what your saying, however, 16oz of liver a day whether the dog weighs 50-60 lbs or under is an overdose of vitamin A and toxic.

16. yoel

yoel Big Dog

He's a 60 pounder.

17. yoel

yoel Big Dog

As soon as I read your post about how the liver was probably the cause I ran out to get the Evo. I need some time to formulate exactly what I need to feed him before I go and try raw again. It's a lot of work and you need a whole other freezer in my opinion. He's had two Evo meals so far. Wouldn't eat the kibble until I put yogurt on it this morning. Last night I cracked an egg on it and put some caso fresco cheese on it. The man at the feed store said putting white rice or oatmeal in the food would be ideal. I've been looking online to see how true that is though, does that sound right?
    THANKS!

18. yoel

yoel Big Dog

I looked it online and realized it was a supplement. I read this from someone who posted about this stuff...

canine red cell
    by Abhay on 08 November 2008 - 16:11

Abhay

Red Cell has been around for a long time. Its an Iron-B Vitamin Supp., used as a supplement and for Anemia. I remember dog conditioners adding Red Cell and Clovite to their dog's feed way back in the day. The Canine Red Cell came later, and is really a weaker version of the original equine Red Cell. If I was going to feed the Red Cell for anemia or as a supp, I would use the original equine version.