1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Which dogs fit the standard.

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Envy's Mom, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

I was wondering what [ ] champions fit the confirmation standard.

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Well, the standard was constructed around what great box dogs had. I can think of a few horrible looking dogs which made it, but the vast majority of which would do extremely well at shows as well.

3. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

I was wondering which dogs helped to make the confirmation standard. Can anyone give me examples and the blood they are from?

4. diggit

diggit Banned

the ADBA standard was built on the perfect fighting dog... so basicly what body shapes and stuff that wont breakdowna and cause injery.

5. PitBull_30

PitBull_30 Top Dog

Here are some that would do very well in either the UKC, ADBA, or AADR show ring.

CH Irish Jerry's Pharaoh
    CH Plumber's Alligator
    CH Crenshaw's Jeep ROM
    CH RoyalBull's Hardball
    CH Doc's Moe
    CH Sorrells' Jack
    CH Garner's Simba
    CH Stockton's Swig
    CH Delta Force's Stallone
    CH Sorrells' Blue Monday
    CH Hard Core's Bozack
    CH One Love's Cujo
    CH Garner & Weight In Gold's Dynomite
    CH Smith's Billy Sunday
    CH Wildside's Calamity Jane
    CH McCaw's Going Light Barney
    CH Horor Kennels' Zebo II
    CH Henneberger's Mr. Toad
    CH Crenshaw's Charlie POR
    CH Hall & Long's Bullyson Jr.
    CH Zinetti's Bloody Mary
    CH Perry's Ms Pacman
    CH Hollingsworth's Pinky
    CH Sorrells' No. 1 Son (CH Sorrell's Sonny Boy)
    CH Freddie
    CH Ratliff's Butkus ROM
    CH Dead Serious' Red Man
    CH STP's Toro
    CH Crenshaw's Honeybunch ROM
    CH Garner's Chinaman ROM
    CH Super Kennel's 357 ROM
    CH Garner's El Negro
    CH T & B Kennels' Brick
    CH Ozzie Stevens' Homer
    CH Red B's Taz
    CH Brodts Demon
    CH Pit Stop's Mechanic POR

6. lin chung

lin chung Pup

wasn't triple s (shebastas) ch sooner a pit/conformation champion.

7. MASON

MASON Big Dog

STP's Gr Ch "Buck". Don't know if he was a [] dog or not but I like St Benedict's "Dylan" he is put together very nicely.

8. PitBull_30

PitBull_30 Top Dog

GR CH Buck ROM was a 7xw.

9. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

I appreciate all the replies. I am going to start looking up these dogs now. If anyone could post pictures of these dogs as well I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks you guys so much!

10. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

There are dual champions as well (dogs which championed out in both endeavors). An example that comes to mind is Norrods Ch. Gambler.

Attached Files:

11. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

WOW he is a beautiful dog! Thank you for the example. I would like to see more as well so if anyone can post more pics I would really appreciate it.

12. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Norrod has a few. Alot of box champions hit the show ring later in life to rack up the points and only add to their legacy. I dont have a list of all dual champions, but there are quite a few out there. If not dual champions, box champions who are well pointed in shows as well. A well-structured, solid gamedog whose owner can condition him/her for a competition can surely shape them better then most for looks only.

Caldwells Boogieman is also a champion show dog, although I'm not 100% sure of what his hunting career consisted of, or if he made champion there. Lots of Boudreaux dogs have become winners and do very well in conformation shows, just have to look for em. Most anyone who can breed champion gamedogs, and takes the time to enter a few shows can point out a few show ch's as well. The problem is, most dont really care too much about conformation shows, which is why alot of the time one person will champion them out in the box, and they will hit the show circuit in anothers hands. I've tried staying away from naming dogs or owners who have done both, except for the ones I know have put it out on the net before, and I'm not publicizing info they dont want out there. I'd hope others who list further dogs do the same, dont list owners or current dogs names unless the owner of said dog has put the info out for others to see before.

Envy's Mom likes this.
  13. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

Thank you for the info. and it is respectable of you to make sure the info was already published. I can understand how that could be a problem, but I never thought about that before. I really appreciate the info you have given me and look forward to anymore replies.

14. jiu-pitsu

jiu-pitsu Pup

Back when the UKC was founded by Chauncey Benett, he based the standard on one of John P. Colby's dogs. I think it was colby's primo.

15. MASON

MASON Big Dog

I think the "AKC" used Colby's Primo to formulate their Amstaff standard if I am not mistaken. The UKC registered the first APBT which was Bennett's Ring in 1898.

16. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

Man thats the kind of info I was looking for! Does anyone have pics of any of these dogs or ones that do well in conformation?

Is there a bloodline that excells in conformation?

17. PitBull_30

PitBull_30 Top Dog

Lar-san. That is probably the best show blood available. Ro-Ki, Lar-san, Caragan, and Matrix Kennels all have very nice Lar-san bred show dogs. Lar-san is not a pure gamebred bloodline but after just a few generations they go back to OFRN Hemphill/Wilder stuff. Some people still use this blood in the box.

18. You can start here! www.dawnrest.org/gallery.html . There are 900 pics and info of champion , ROM, & POR dogs that start from now and go back say 70 years!
    This will give you an idea of what is right! Good luck!

19. MASON

MASON Big Dog

Definitely can't go wrong with a Lar-San bred dog for the show ring, both UKC and ADBA. A well rounded bloodline.