1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Which Breeding would you do first?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Sampson1, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

good answer!

2. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

I was waiting for this answer. :)

And thats why I stated what I did in the original post. I was hoping to dodge that statement. But oh well. Lol
    Thanks for clearing it up for me Lee D

Your right you dont know the dogs. But if you know much about lines you can pretty well guess the outcome. Not with any kind of accuracy really but still an educated guess. Its more or less "if all else was equal and you had to make the decision for your yard which would you first?"

Im not hellbent on becoming a breeder. Im breeding for my yard and my partner's yard's only. But still good advice. Thanks

Yup and If I wanted to have the same as everyone else I wouldnt cross them at all. But since I believe improving I want to do what I think would improve my yard. And thank you for clearing that up Dream.

I figured it was most of ya'lls first thoughts. Shit it wouldve been mine. Lmao

Best advice on the thread so far. Thanks.

Yeah I like both and both males are honest. Thats why im asking y'alls opinions. I think both breedings are gonna produce honest dogs but right now I only have space for one breeding. Whichever male I dont breed to her Im gonna breed to this female first when space allows it.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=385258

3. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

i like the 2 one.

4. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Thanks Mike. But can I ask why? I mean it may be personal preference or you may know something I dont about that cross. Lol

5. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

possible world beaters in the first one IMO. Maybe theirs a Traveler in there

6. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Thanks I was thinki the same.

7. garth

garth Big Dog

I like the first one.But the one i would use first is the that has more of what my gyp is missing the most of.Good luck wiyh both of them.

8. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

I like the one with the Frisco/Chinaman blood, all things being equal, which they never really are. The reason is I've had success with crosses such as that. Good luck with it and in a couple years hopefully you'll have exactly what you're looking for.

9. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Thanks man I appriciate it.

Thanks and yeah I hope so. Im gonna do both of them at some point so I'll know in a few years which I shouldve done first. Lol

10. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I wouldn't do neither, if you wanted to add some Badman blood id go directly to Y and breed to his best producing stud down off Badman then I'd go find a good Frisco or JeepRedboy bitch breed to that same stud and then work on building my line.. If you gone work around a line to create your own you gotta start with the best of it.. Travelor did produce some really good hounds so the first one could be something if all dogs are honest and can reproduce

11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

dual sire breeding kill two birds with one stone.

12. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i wouldnt want ANY oof my dogs dna profiled

great point

13. Congoman

Congoman Big Dog

I like the second one personally. If I were breeding that female i'd bee trying to add a certain thing to that line everytime I bred it. I don't really trust the Uncle Tom/Coachise stuff that I've seen as much as some other lines.

14. old goat

old goat CH Dog

well congoman got it right . i would'nt use either male . they have red man and coachise in them . why start with something that will only loose you 2 years . check the sdj and you will know .

15. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

If you knew the dogs you would do both trust me. I own all the dogs posted and I have absolutely NO reason to go to Y and use his studs.

Lol Your serious?

Please elaberate. PM me if you feel the need.

Maybe you should go back and look at th peds. Neither male had Redman or Coachise in them. The female does. And why do you say it will lose me 2 years? And since you already know why dont you tell all of us who dont?:cool:

16. old goat

old goat CH Dog

well maybe i'm looking at the wrong peds. but gidget had red man and coachise in the ped and they quit .

17. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Your right she does have them in her but the males dont. Thats what I was addressing in your post. And so what your saying is the female shouldnt be bred because Redman and Coachise quit?

18. old goat

old goat CH Dog

i thought that 's what you meant . i would'nt do it but your not me . she maybe a good bitch but your taking your chances doing it .

19. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

well coachise has more than proven to be a great producer of gamedogs that can compete and know that know it wouldnt worry me but thats a case of knowing what the dogs has produced. Redman on the other hand hasnt produce on that level to my knowledge. i do agree with goat tho. if u want the best u cant start with subpar

20. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

Yea just do them then in a couple of years u will get ur anser.