1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Where Will Peyton Go.

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Lakewood Dogger, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Everyone likes the Blood and Guts Warrior Mentality that he brings. Also, it is refreshing to see a superstar athlete so humble.

Here is the problem with his style. The division has a Tom Brady, a vastly improved Buffalo team. A Miami team that can hurt you. Also, there schedule is chock full of teams that can go up and down the field and score points on your defense. Seems to me that you are going to have to score a ton of points. Not in NY.

2. Icepick

Icepick Banned

I really like what Buffalo is doing!

3. Correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't the most glaring weakness the NY Circus has is no pass rush? How do you let that guy go to Buffalo? I guess you remember the days of Bruce Smith killing Jet QB's. I guess you missed it.

4. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Talking about Anderson going to the Bills? I still cant get over the Jets letting Ellis go last season. I'm ready to give up on the Jets man.... Like I said, who ever is running the show up in Buffalo seems to have an idea, on how to put a team together...
    I dont know why the Giants let W.R. Manningham go either, but down here in VA, we dont get to much sports news on teams, other than the Redskins, and I'm not a big espn fan lol....

5. Manningham went because he got more money. The Giants weren't going to pay him. They have two legitimate pro bowl receivers. They have just signed Marcellus Bennett from the Cowboys. This is a steal. How was he going to get the ball when everyone knows that Witten is Rono's favorite receiver? The have Barden who is a 6'5 possession guy. Dominick Hixon is still on the roster. They also have the upcoming draft. They are happy without Manningham.

6. elifan

elifan Big Dog

the only thing that worries me about buffalo is fitzpatrick,I still think they are going to have a hot and cold offense

7. elifan

elifan Big Dog

Giant's are going to fine without manningham there going to be a force to mess with again

8. Here is the thing. We will have to see how they upgrade the Secondary. Aaron Ross is a loss. We also have to address the running back position. They had to get rid of Jacobs.

The pass rush is a year older. Tuck is in the twilight of his career. We need another beast to stand next to Pierre-Paul who will be a perennial all pro.

9. Icepick

Icepick Banned

I didnt know they signed Bennett, and I'm sure Manningham was asking for $$$$$, after his post season performance last year... And since the 49er's managed to re-sign Smith, maybe he will have a shot out there.
    Speaking of QB's, down here we also hear about Carolina, whats your opinion on Can Newton? IMO, he just might be the real deal. Fist season may have been "luck", so this season should tell the truth. Teams will have an idea of what to expect, when playing against him now.

10. Like him. I think if they add another deep threat besides Steve Smith, steady the O line, and run the ball enough, he will be playoff bound very soon.

11. Icepick

Icepick Banned

You seem to know your football Lakewood! I agree, Caroilina could be contenders with the aforementioned upgrades you listed!!!

Giants secondary really needs to be bolstered before the season starts IMO, and the line could also use help in the very near future. I'm not to sure how deep they are on the bench, but if Pierre-Paul were to get hurt, it would have severe repercussions on the D.
    Eli has definitely grown out of his brothers shadow IMO!

12. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

Caus his bro aint play all year icepick!! but I see what your saying. I second you lakewood, beat me to the punch. Folks cant say he aint good. Won a chmpshp in jr college, won one in "for real" college, get him some options and time, and he can make things happen. One thing he has to work on is when others or himself aint playing up to par and he gets flustered, his game goes off. You can see it on his face, towel over head, mad look on face, smacking his gum outragously.... But,when he on, he is on! Taking good chances, puttn the ball right where it needs to be, and runnin like an exscaped convict.lol. Plus im an auburn fan, so of course i root for him. Lol

13. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Do you think it would have mattered if Peyton did play last season? HELL NO lol!!! Eli proved to be more than just Peyton's little brother last year. Will Eli prove to be better than Peyton, only time will tell (but I kind of doubt it).

But I know which one I would take, if I was picking for a team today!!!

14. Yes. You have a winner there. Bet against him in the NCCA Championship. He won the game almost on his own. Then, I thought he would be another Vince Young. Again, was way off base. Like the poise. The kid comes to the NFL and tosses for 4 hundred yards with one receiver. Not to mention he is a beast in the open field.

The D needs help. They have gotten away from the John Fox era. Need to get after the QB.

15. Love that Logic there Pick. Seems you know your football as well.

Here is my take on the situation. Think Peyton Manning is the greatest QB that I've seen in my life (42). The age should tell you who I've seen. Marino, Bert Jones, Elway, Stabler, Bradshaw, Aikman, Montana, Young, Kelly, Brady. Quite a list. Peyton is the best.

Here is what he lacks now. Skill sets go way down out doors. Big games he tends to get rattled. Also, never can you remember when a player has had so much pure control on his side of the ball. The best line, receivers, rbs, and his plays.

Little brother now. There are four Qbs that have 2 Super Bowl MVPs. Eli, Bradshaw, Bart Starr, and Joe Montana. When the chips are down, Eli is at his best. Doesn't care about stats. Doesn't care about criticism. Fame. Or money. Cares about Family and the Manning legacy.

Peyton has more talent. Eli has the intangibles. Eli also has the heart of a lion. That is what makes him an Elite QB. He was right.

16. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Pretty good post, and Peyton was/maybe still a great QB. Still dont know why he chose to play outdoors in the cold lol. Anyway, I'm not sure if I would put him over "Miracle Joe", or not. While Montana may have lacked some of the skills Peyton has, Montana lived for the big games, and the final drives. Give me the QB that thrives under pressure!

Dont get me wrong, all the QB's you listed are great (except maybe Aikman whom I hated personally lol)!!!

17. Nice post as well. Loved Joe. A Winner. A very accurate passer. A true champion. The knocks on him in my opinion, not a rifle arm. Great receivers who helped. Two things that stick out, the catch with Dwight Clark. Also, how can you not remember old Leonard Marshall. Man, was that a hit.

Aikman I hated as well. Rifle, accurate arm. Hard to discount with all those rings. Negatives, all world O line. Hall of fame back. Hall o fame receiver. Also, a tight end that caught everything.

I was as shocked as the next guy about Peyton. Have no clue on how or why this came about. I know there were rumblings about Harbough. Also, thought the prospect of possibly playing little brother in the NFC Championship game put a bad taste in his mouth. Cannot see him winning right now. 2 years. Maybe.

18. Icepick

Icepick Banned

You are right about Montana's arm, definitely was on the weaker end of the spectrum as far as QB's go. probably the weakest arm of all the QB's we have mentioned!
    As bad as I hate to admit it, Dallas was the team of the early-mid 90's,,, at Buffalo's expense most of the time lol...

19. Icepick

Icepick Banned

If only Montana had Elways arm...

20. That would have been something.