1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I get my dogs ears cropped in San antonio

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by PitSquad!, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitSquad!

PitSquad! Pup

Where can I get my dogs ears cropped in San Antonio without paying an arm and a leg

2. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

:confused::confused:why??? ....................:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:
    finally a reason for me to use icons.. LOL

3. PitSquad!

PitSquad! Pup

I ain't b.s. Man my dog was in pain she was trying to dig out of her kennel and her ear got caught on the fence. when my dogs play my other one bites her ear I just wanna crop them so that It won't keep opening I don't have to worry about it getting infected and so she won't be defensive when someone pets her and touches her ears

4. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

do what you gotta do bro.. but i think cropping her ears will probably turn her more defensive especially if she's a older bitch. JMO

5. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

how the hell did you come up with that one?

6. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

from experience.. maybe i should have said i cropped a older dogs ears once and he became aggressive!
    but i guess in your cases LD this did not happen!

7. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

nope, not anyone i know either, but ive never considered cropping an older dog.

8. PitSquad!

PitSquad! Pup

i really dont want too but its been two months and it keeps on opening i think its the best decision because i dont want it to get infected with anything and risk losing my dog i cant afford to be taking her to the doctor every time it reopens

9. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

hmm i have had a couple older dogs have ear injuries and got their ears cropped, it didn't make them aggressive at all they were completely the same.

i can not see how cropping a dogs ears at any age would alter their temperament but maybe i don't have all the information

10. what a pithethic excuse to get ur dogs ears cropped
    u dont need to make up bull-s storys
    HOW are u going to keep the dogs seperat when 1 dog is going to hav maby 40 stiches
    it will take at least 8 weeks for them to heal ? so if u cnt mind a sml rip in 1 ear ? then u got no chanse
    i have my dogs ears cropped , i didnt need an excuise ,
    u also dont want to pay an arm n a leg ???
    were i live it is illegal to crop , i was offerd a crop = 100E this jack the lad would do it in his shed, this might suit pitsquad
    a few months down the road i came across a lad with 3 dogs and all their ears cropped , his uncle is a vet happy days
    400E for my crop,, 25 stiches in each ear ,, 1 months surploy of antibiotics,, and a weeks pain relife,, that woudnt do pitsqud

11. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

I've seen one,...but it most likely wasn't the crop that made the dog as little hand/head shy, but all f'd up after-care. They tried to give a longish crop to an older dog with naturally floppy ears, so they ended up posting and taping ears in the hope that that would help them stand , which probably led to the infections, and the irritation and the pain when people went messing constantly with the dogs ears. I don't know how it turned out long term behaviorally, but for the time I knew the dog she was much more wary of hands near her head and ears,....

12. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

I was told by someone I listen to that is in fact legal to crop ears, it's just most Vets won't/can't do it.

13. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Honestly, this sound a bit bass-ackwards and illogical. Here's the thing- I've never known of any flesh wound on a dog to take two months to heal. The healing doesn't seem to be the real issue, but letting your dog get into the same dumb-assed situation over and over and over for two months seems to be. So, I'm wondering- ifyour dog has one torn ear that can't heal properly because you won't keep her away from your other dogs until the problem is fully fixed,.....how is having two chopped ears that need time to heal going to work out better for you in the same silly situation? Why not spend the money setting up a proper kennel where the dog can heal and not dig out. And hey, if you really just want to crop your dog's ears, just say so.

14. PitSquad!

PitSquad! Pup

now arent you the ideal dog owner haha wanker
    i dont want to crop them but you guys have made my descision
    i definitely will get them cropped
    i dont like looking at the rip in her ear people you might i dont
    i also ordered a new kennel k9 kennels i do recommend them to you all
    i didnt know in this forum you needed to put at the end of the question NO OPINIONS NEEDED lol haha
    i hope your dogs are living the life you guys are preaching

15. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

^^"i didnt know in this forum you needed to put at the end of the question NO OPINIONS NEEDED lol haha" ^^ If you are going to post on a forum you better get use to opinions. If you ask for them or not.

16. PitSquad!

PitSquad! Pup

yea obviously lol
    im ready for them all now :D

17. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Just telling it like it is. If you can't keep your dog separated so that one torn ear will heal, cropping them and having the dog in the same situation is just damned dumb........but then again, most of what you've posted is just damned dumb anyway-so, no real surprise there.

18. PitSquad!

PitSquad! Pup

Coming from the guy who hikes for fun
    Who also has a moose on a dog forum typical loser
    Why don't you just go hike up a volcano head first

19. The OP is on a temporary vacation. Remember people that when you post and ask questions you get answers. If you want to be a dick about the answers, don't ask the question.

THREAD CLOSED :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.