1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Where Are All These PitBulls Coming From? (Hoboken, N.J.)

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Suki, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Suki

Suki Guest

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]</B>Sixty-five percent of the 566 stray dogs taken to Jersey City's Liberty Humane Society shelter in 2005 were pit bulls or pit-mixes.

Because of the influx, dogs of other breeds have had to be transferred to shelters outside the area because pit bulls take so long to adopt out and fill so much space at area shelters.

Twenty percent (approximately 76) of the 382 pits rescued at the LHS in 2005 showed physical signs of fighting or abuse, such as open wounds or scars around their face, ears, and front legs. Sixty percent of all incoming pits or pit mixes exhibited some form of aggression, according to LHS Director Niki Dawson.

Animal rescuers say that there are so many pit bull strays because of unregulated breeders who mate dogs for dogfights in urban areas like Jersey City, and because of irresponsible owners who buy pit bulls as a status symbol and don't neuter them.

An investigation by the Reporter showed that non-existent laws, a lack of neutering at one of the two area shelters, and other enforcement problems contribute to the overrun. There are, however, ways to solve the problems.
    [/font]

more:

2. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

I was at a local shelter today Suki and the lady told me there is never a shortage of pitbulls coming through the door.

3. simms

simms CH Dog

Information passed along like this, only helps perpetuate these scenerios.....Not to mention, if those dogs being bred were worth a shit they certainly wouldnt end up in these shelters in the mass droves.....As they boldly claim that they were bred for fighting/fought In most cases they can only speculate.

As far as the irresponsible owner, yeah Im buying that.....but that line applys to maybe 40% the other 60% I say would be those that got a breed that they just couldnt handle....surrendered the animal to the shelter and the following week,replaced by a more docile breed....that's if I had to put on a % on it.

These rescues arent cleaning up my mess, harsh but its the truth! Im not interested in saving these animals that hit those doors....thier fate is sealed...CULL THEM!.However I do and will fight for the right of others to continue to abuse the right to breed and place this breed with whom ever and with little to NO Regard to the fate of the animals they breed.

But listen up, these AR raticals are becoming main stream way of thinking, so I am fighting many looseing battles...

Thanks Ya'll for breeding those pieces of shit and placing them with whom ever.....As funny as this might sound, I cant even make it threw the f%cking grocery store with out hereing the HSUS solicate for funds....these F%cks are every where now!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2006