1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

when you go outa town?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Mr. Brownstone, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

didnt want to take over another thread and change the subject. i was thinking earlier in the day what do people do when they go outa town or want a vacation and have dogs that they would not trust with just anyone for various reasons.

me i am only a bit over two years into the breed have a dog that is very DA dotn have a fenced yard to just let her out in and would never ever let anyone walk her but myself or my mother as i have shown her over time and many walks exactly how to handle various different problem situations.

the HA thread is what made me decide to make my own thread. i mean the answer seems somewhat straight forward but i really dont know a soul whom has any hands on time at all with the breed. also no way my dogs are going to someone else's house with a fence as i am with em 24/7 and have never left em for more than 6-8 hours alone or 10-18 with my mom.

2. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

must have someone you trust.the one that watch my yard gets his done its the best way.i do have people i know that i dont need in my yard, i charge to do it.ill go there in the morning and evening.but you have to know your dogs are in good hands.now when i had 2-3 id put 3 burried bucketts per dog in the ground and enough food for twice the time im gone.but better to have someone to check.

3. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

yes i figure it is gonna come down to training someone you know is capable. best would be to get hooked up with other folks that own pit bulls bulldogs whatever you wanna call em. to this point i live for my dogs and have not even considered going anywhere if i could tell you the amount of things i pass up cuz i would rather have my dogs at the end of the day. shit i skipped the beach this weekend as i dont have fenced yard so i can tie em out, it was like 90% out and 90% humidity and it takes like ten hours to go the beach and back. and this is not he first time. for the most part unless mom can at least be around to let me out when they gotta take a crap and a piss i stay home with em and we go find something we can all do. i wouldnt change it for anything as at the end of the day 300 days of the year i am home anyway. i will be getting more dogs though so i am gonna have to find someone i can trust and i mean really trust or i will just worry the whole time and it will be a waste.

4. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

if they out side dogs its easyer make sure set up is secure and your off but to throw them in the heat for awhile after being ac dogs might have a affect.

5. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

yes ac dogs for sure.. i mean i break em in in the summer slow but still a hour walking at a dogs pace in that kinda heat is brutal and as much as they can ever take. i start with 10-15 min and work up from that. i walk em an hour in the am and 1-2 in the pm 7 days a week with a 15-30 min run worked in 5 days a week. i cant run em if it is over 75 with the humidity we get though. for now i just gotta hold on till i move sometime between next spring and fall. when i get a yard set up they will get conditioned to the heat a little at a time. i really am married to my dogs at this point. good thing i still love the whole thing so much as it would be a real drag. i mean i am pretty sure sure they say the acerage man thinks about sex every three minutes? i am pretty sure i am thinking about girls for two minutes then i fit in one minute of life shit and then it is day dreaming about dog shit again. crazy tbh but its what my is doing cant really control it lol.

6. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

off like for the weekend or the day? i am thinking that when i get kennels set up i can just get someone to come over in the afternoon when its hot make sure they are all good and slip some water and food through a slot if i dont trust the human enough to let me out? chances are its gonna take some serious time to trust anyone to let my dogs out of area i know they are safe and cant get hurt or hurt another animal.

7. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

yea mine got there holes dug and are in shade.im light running them on select nights but only around the block then a walk around the block.come on fall.

8. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

no shit come on fall i am getting my bitch in real good shape again at the moment but it is a pain in the ass having to do it only when weather allows, and i am so careful and always nervous. plus i hate putting on the running shoes after the news when i am ready for bed. i love the crazy heat and hated winter my whole life, that was till i got dogs. for a couple months i been saying i am gonna regret wishing for fall and winter but my dogs love the snow, do great in the cold and we get out for like 3-4 hours of hiking and running most every day. i traded in the rear wheel drive sports car for a 4 wheel drive truck dress for the weather and i can spend all day out in the cold down to 18-20% with dogs if we are moving the whole time and winter really dont bother me at all anymore. nothing like watching the dogs act like little kids in the snow!

9. GemCityPits

GemCityPits Big Dog

Its a load of responsability when you get into the dogs, most people think you can just tie em out and your all good but it couldnt be further from the truth! Its not to bad when you first start out ya know 2-3 dogs you can usually manage it, but when you get up in numbers 10-12 its damn near impossible to get away for just a weekend let alone an extended vacation.... alot of thought should be put into owning these dogs before aqquiring them espeically if one has a family, theres alot of sacrifice in the dog game and you have to know what to expect and how to handle it.... truthfully i find having a partner that you can really trust and has knowledge of the breed is priceless!

10. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

when i leave for 2 or 3 days they dont get walked. i simply dont trust anyone i have here. I pay someone to give them food and water and clean up that would do it for free anyways. That puts more pressure on them because im paying them. I usually have my mom or brother do it. They fully understand that they WILL attack others dogs and wont do anything stupid with them. If its only a day or two i would just leave them with lots of food and water in the shade if possible. Crates youngs puppies or if some chain spots dont have enough room put younger dogs in shaded areas and put older dogs that can go a day or so without using it in a crate. This is why i feel its important to keep the yard size down to something managable