1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

when to do this?? when to do that??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by billy muscle, Oct 27, 2004.

1. sorry if the title annoyed you....my baby nina is 9 wks. she is a little snappy when she wakes up, but only for five or ten minutes, she'll bite my jeans or shoe laces or the bottom of the couch...yadayadayada. my question is, this is normal puppy teething right?? when she snaps at my finger or my pants, i speak in a firm tone and hand her a toy to play with for a minute. i know they don't understand language, but when will she understand the difference from good and bad behavior by just listening to the tone in my voice? how much time should i allot to practice "tone training" on a daily basis?? if you can give any input...i'd appreciate it. thanks...billy muscle

2. Roland64

Roland64 Pup

Billy, I'm pretty sure that's normal puppy behavior. Just keep doing what your doing, and in a few weeks maybe less she'll start to understand you. My dog, now knows when I want him to quit playing, when I want him to come here or when I want him to get out of a room he's not supposed to be in. He also learned to sit, stay, lie down, shake hands and speak. With the excpetion of the last two he learned these at around 8-9 weeks. Just be consistant in teaching her and she will pick things up in no time. Good luck, and hope this helps.