1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

whatsup

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Barnes, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Barnes

Barnes Pup

Hey I'm new here just thought I'd post an intro. Long time lover of apbt's and upcoming breeder of my personal favorite bloodlines jeep/ofrn/eli and pure redboy/jocko :) you'll be seeing a lot of me on the forum

2. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

^Idiot.....

3. hardtime

hardtime Big Dog

hi i also like to peddle puppys..which is your favorite the local paper or craigslist?

4. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Welcome to the forum ... What is pure red boy/jocko?

5. Barnes

Barnes Pup

I don't peddle puppies... I breed for adba conformation to produce the true standard of the apbt... And redboy/jocko is originally a bloodline cross of redboy and jocko. This cross was made notorius by ol tant with his dog yellow. My main breeding dogs come from his dog AAA which was the son of yellow. I do not condone the unresponsible breeding of apbts... I do not believe apbts should be bred unless it is to better the breed by acquiring the true standard behaviorally. So please do not classify me as a puppy peddler. I try to maintain a professional breeding program for the betterment of the breed and even work voluntarily for shelters especially for apbts.... When I joined this forum I did not expect such rude and disrespectful behavior from the members...

6. Barnes

Barnes Pup

Hello again. I must say I didn't expect to be greeted so unprofessionally and in a disrespectful manner. I am a responsible breeder who only breeds adba conformation dogs to the breed standard for the betterment of the breed. I ask, please do not classify me as a mere puppy peddler. I maintain a profesional quality breeding program as well as volunteer my time at local apbt recues. As for Redboy/Jocko, it is a cross between two bloodlines made famous by D. Tant with his dog Yellow. Some people today call it the Yellow bloodline. My breeding program consists of dogs sired by Tant's AAA, which is the son of Yellow.

:: Sorry about the double post. I was on my cell phone on the first post and lost signal so I didn't think that it had went through. Thanks ::

7. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Barnes can I see some pedigree's of your dogs and pictures of them? That is if your don't mind sharing with us. I am familiar with the red boy/ jocko family of dogs I might have one or two somewhere in my house lol. Never heard of anyone around me referring to them as pure red boy/jocko dogs that is why I asked what you meant by that .... Anyway welcome I am sure you will enjoy it here people are pretty honest about how they feel...

8. Barnes

Barnes Pup

Understandable. And yes tomorrow morning I will be glad to take photos of my dogs and post up some pedigrees for everyone to see. :) and as far as me claiming the blood as pure redboy/jocko, that was just something that the locals call my dogs because around here it is pretty rare to find dogs from Tant's bloodlines that hasn't been crossed with either bolio, tombstone, paladin or jeep blood. Sorry if when I posted such a thing it made me look like an idiot. I promise I am a well educated person and have studied extensively about the American Pit Bull Terrier.

9. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Welcome to g-d. Looking forward to the pics and peds.

10. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

Welcome iam also looking forawd for the pics and ped

11. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

I am not an expert or anything barnes, but there is a problem when you call a bloodline "pure" that is by definition a cross, as in calling a rbj cross a pure bloodline. Now when you call a bloodline that is inbred on the Yellow dog "pure", well then I would not see how anyone could call you on that, since you would be inbreeding on Yellow dogs specifically. To my knowledge there are more rbj crosses that exist other than the one Tant made famous with Yellow so a pure rbj bloodline is logically not possible.

The reason I point this out to you is because in my short time here on this forum I have noticed that some of the newer members on and off have resorted to this explanation of why they use a term or phrase that is unconventional to what most here recognize: They say that its how locals use it in their neck of the woods.

You mentioning that you have a pure rbj and not pure Tant's Yellow blood only serves to add to the varying degrees of ignorance that abound within some of the bulldog circles around the world, and I don't metion this in a disrespectful way but as an invitation for you to really work on learning what it is you are talking about so that you do not become a detriment to the very breed you purport to be actively engaged in improving.

Now the unprofessional thing...well you are going to have to just harden up your skin because this forum will be a turn off for you if you expect cordial treatment at every step of the way, especially since you introduced yourself with this obvious misunderstanding of the use of the term "pure bloodline." Either way don't take it in the most negative way possible, just read and learn from these forum threads so that you may eventually gain some semblance of how this forum functions and get something positive out of it and maybe contribute something positive as well.

Good luck. That's great about the volunteer work in rescues.

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

A breeder and a rescue nutt? Prepare for a warm welcome...........lol

13. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Well said :)