1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

whats you're favorite doggy/pitbull quotes?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DiMaSaLaNg, Nov 17, 2006.

1. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

ive been noticing very nice qoutes on some members signature. can you post your favorite?

this one i like best.

'He will not cower,he will not cry,for to be called a cur he would rather die. A cur and a fighter are not the same. A cur is a quitter,but a fighter is game''
    - Floyd Boudreaux

<O:p></O:p>

:)

2. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

I have heard this particular quote in various places, but I still think it applies to the APBT:

"Though he be but little, he is FIERCE"

And here are some others:

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." - Mark Twain

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." - Edward Hoagland
    "If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around." - cowboy wisdom

3. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

Here's a good place to find dog quotes: http://www.quotegarden.com/dogs.html

Besides the one in my sig, I like this one: "One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him" ~ Chinese proverb

Vicki likes this.
  4. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Beware of silent dogs and still waters.
    - Portuguese Proverb
    </pre>

5. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

What about "If it ain't Pit it ain't Shit" YIS J

6. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

How about this one.

There Are Only Two Breeds Of Dogs... American Pitbulls & Those Who Wish They Were!

This was given to us by a good dogman as a bumper sticker. I think it is cool.

7. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

I like that one!

8. PitBull_30

PitBull_30 Top Dog

Here are some that I like.

"He will not cower, he will not cry, for to be called a cur he would rather die. A cur and a fighter are not the same. A cur is a quitter, but a fighter is game''
    - Floyd Boudreaux

"Nothing is so certain as death, and nothing so uncertain as the time of it." - George C. Armatage

"Whoever controls the media, controls the people."- Jim Morrison

These three (in red) are in my sig.​

"Though he be but little, he is FIERCE"

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Ever consider what dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul - chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!" - Anne Tyler

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~Corey Ford

"A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." ~John Holmes

"If you get to thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around." ~Will Rogers

"The more I see of man, the more I like dogs." ~Mme. de Staƫl

"Near this spot are deposited the remains of one who possessed Beauty without Vanity, Strength without Insolence, Courage without Ferocity, and all the Virtues of Man, without his Vices. This Praise, which would be unmeaning Flattery if inscribed over human ashes, is but a just tribute to the Memory of Boatswain, a Dog." ~George Gordon, Lord Byron, "Inscription on the Monument of a Newfoundland Dog

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater... suggest that he wear a tail." ~Fran Lebowitz

"One reason a dog is such a lovable creature is his tail wags instead of his tongue." ~Author Unknown

"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies." ~Gene Hill

"There Are Only Two Breeds Of Dogs... American Pitbulls & Those Who Wish They Were!"

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." ~Andy Rooney

"Beware of silent dogs and still waters."
    - Portuguese Proverb

"When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem." ~Edward Abbey

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself." ~Josh Billings

"I wonder what goes through his mind when he sees us peeing in his water bowl." ~Penny Ward Moser

"The pug is living proof that God has a sense of humor." ~Margo Kaufman

"Dachshunds are ideal dogs for small children, as they are already stretched and pulled to such a length that the child cannot do much harm one way or the other." ~Robert Benchley

"Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on." ~Colette

"Pit bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone who shows them a smidgen of kindness."
    --Linda Wilson-Fuoco, journalist

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2006
  9. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

A couple other good ones.....

With the exception of women, there is nothing on earth so agreeable or necessary to the comfort of man as the dog. ~Edward Jesse

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really. ~Agnes Sligh Turnbull

10. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

One for the newbie's to remember "It's hard to breed a dead game dog"

11. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Lol I like that.

12. mikelia

mikelia Big Dog

"A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Oaden Nash
    "If a dog barks in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad dog?" author unknown
    "Dogs will do what they want with who they think will let them" CatcherT
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is in front of him" author unkown
    "Unseen they wimper.
    Unheard they cry.
    In agony they linger.
    In loneliness they die" I have no idea who wrote this, I remember reading it in a magazine when I was five years old and never forgot it.
    "Humans are not the only species on earth, we just act like it" author unkown
    And the one that we created in our 'my pit bull is a hero because...' thing we did: "My pit bull is a hero because she holds her head up high despite what the world thinks of her"

13. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

Here is another one I like. If It's Not An American Pitbull... It's Just A Dog!! Given to us by the same dogman.

14. Suki

Suki Guest

"A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." ~John Holmes

I have always liked this one....

not sure who said this one, but it's on a plaque in my kitchen:

"A house is not a home without a dog"...:)

15. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

damn! i almost forgot about this thread. damn..

nice quotes everybody! :p

16. Are you in AMMO or what?

17. Brents

Brents Banned

A quote i came up with on the fly