1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Whats your Thanksgiving favorite

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Roadman Jr., Nov 19, 2007.

1. Suki

Suki Guest

i 3rd that :D
    not having to work, would be nice, too.....
    ah well....

2. Marty

Marty Guest

fried pickles hell yeah :D love them ;)

3. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

Pecan or Lemon pie... pronounce "pu" "kahn", not pea can ;)

Also LOVE the maple & brown sugar ham...and the dark meat off the turkey......and everything else you can think of lol. Damn I'm gonna be hurt'n, but it's always a good "pre" B-day dinner for me :). I was a thanksgiving baby, it was on the 28th that year and I was born on the morning of the 29th.

4. Roadman Jr.

Roadman Jr. Guest

Black Caesar you hate chit lins...I know what they are but I love them cooked right with red peppers.Think we'll have some for christmas I'll have to clean them and some one in my family will cook'em,they'er always around during christmas..lol

5. Roadman Jr.

Roadman Jr. Guest

Hey Marty,my kids love pickles..so what the deal on'em fried.I think me and the kids would love to try it...if you'll share.

6. Marty

Marty Guest

FRIED DILL PICKLES

1 egg, beaten
    1 c. milk
    1 tbsp. flour
    1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    6 drops hot sauce
    3/4 tsp. salt
    3/4 tsp. pepper
    3 1/2 c. flour
    1 qt. sliced dill pickles
    Wesson oil for deep frying

Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring well. Set aside. Combine 3 1/2 cups flour, salt and pepper, stirring well. Dip pickles in milk mixture and dredge in flour mixture, repeat process. Deep fry in hot oil, 350 degrees until pickles float to surface and are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

7. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

AMEN!!! My all time favorite! Oh and everything that my Grandma cooks. I LOVE to eat!

8. My favorite was wild mallard duck roasted with taters, carots & onions. We couldn't afford no turkey, so I tried to have us at least one duck fer thanksgiving and one fer Christmas. I got a shot at a Goose one December. We had plenty of meat that christmas. We always had candied yams and my favorite pie was Mincemeat pie.
    We have the nasty old store bought turkey now-a-days.
    My wife don't even like to talk bout the leaner years of our life. I think back with very fond memories. It imbarrases her, I think.

Oh, BTW..... Mr CEASER, I think chitlins are very good anytime.

9. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Well i have a few favorites. first off i like my fried turkey have to have that,then i like my triple basted honey ham wich is so sweet and juicy you can die happy.this thing is so juicy that when you cut it the glaze rolls down the sides.then i have to have my fresh mashed potatoes mashed with butter and cream,followed by the bacon wrapped fried macoroni and cheese,then of course sweet tater pie,pecan pie and pumpkin pie all with fresh whipped cream.these are just some of what we eat at our house during thanksgiving and christmas but i always look forward to those things each year.

And as far as chitlins i can hand sling them all day,i can get folks who hate chitlin to try mine and then love em,lol.it's all in how they are cooked.same goes with hog jowles and things like that,fix em old southern style and you will bring out the flavor in em.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2007
  10. Suki

Suki Guest

yum!
    and
    if you add pineapples, cut up, to that it tastes awesome.!!!!! along with turkey sandwiches, yeah, this is a favorite.

i'm hungry now, reading all these.....

11. OH MAN...this is one of my all time favorites...does not have to be a holiday either, I used to eat them all of the time, before I moved up here anyways....they dont know what they are here....damn Carolinas....
    Sonic has the best, for fast food ones...Where I come from they are called Pickle-o's Damn I miss them things....
    I like to make my own, but it is so hard to get the batter right.....

Now my favorite Holiday eating is....I know might sound nasty but oh-well...
    I like Turkey with potato salad and sweet potatoes (or baked beans) covered in cranberry sauce......damn that is so good, makes it feel like the holidays, when you eat a few spoons mixed like that....

12. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

Something odd.....but using the potato salad as a dip for plain ol' lays chips is really good too lol. I used to like it cold, but I've found out it's better when it's warm.

13. Man home sweet home.....thank you for posting the way you say Pecan, becuase being from Texas too....I know how to say it..I get so tired of hearing PEA CAN....man, did you know thats why Texas gave the pecan tree up as the state tree years ago? They could not stand here pronounce pecan PEA CAN, it drove them crazy and they thought of it as a disgrace, so they let it go....I have always thought to be an interesting peice of history about us dog'on Texans!
    PU KAHN PIE is an ALWAYS favorite of mine!

14. Peacan Pie is my favorite. Also the green bean cassorole or in my house the green bean hotdish. YUM

15. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I cant do the chit lins but I love some old fashion collard greens and some mac a roni and cheese. with some sweet water kown bread Lord Ham Mercy. Some good ole fashion Fried Chicken. (oh Lowd i'm getting hungry)Got to have some sliced tomatoes. How about some homemade Lemon Aide. SOme of Ant Roses Pound Cake. (Help me Holy Ghost)

16. Michele

Michele Guest

I never ate a deep fried turkey but I hear they are fantastic. Also, you mentioned bacon wrapped fried macaroni and cheese. How do you make that?

17. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

them fried turkeys are to me the best, i will clear 4 tables to get to one,lol.

Now for the macoroni and cheese all you do is make fresh macoroni and cheese then after it is all cooked set that in the fridge to get it nice and firm,then cut it into good sized little pieces,then wrap that in a piece of bacon and fry it like you would chicken or chicken frys. it is about the best thing you can eat,lol. but for those wtaching their weight it ain't to good,i think they told me it tasted like it held about 3,600 calories per piece,but it sure is gooood,lol.

But fry that the old fashoned way,not with this new fangled oil. that means to do this right you have to break out the skillet and get to dipping and frying.