1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Whats your Thanksgiving favorite

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Roadman Jr., Nov 19, 2007.

1. Roadman Jr.

Roadman Jr. Guest

Well, mine is my aunt carrot cake,it will blow your head off,thats how good it is....walnuts and carrot in the cake and a cream cheese icing with cruched up walnuts. One time I took the whole cake hid outside and ate the whole thing,lol.. it was my bro that put me up to it...man I miss those days.Anyway whats some of yalls.

2. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

MMMM! Sounds good, lol!

My favorite is my mom's stuffing with fried apple slices and her famous "white" ham. It's an old recipe where the ham and potatoes are covered in a thick white sauce with brown sugar on it which caramalizes in a casserole dish.

3. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

sweet potata pie!!! hands down. my grandmas pie will have you goin to confession after you eat a slice.

4. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I am with frenchie SWEET POTATOE PIE hands down...

5. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I'm there too. :) Nothing like potatoe pie, except any kind of pie. Hell, just long as it's pie!

6. Marty

Marty Guest

I'm going to have some Ingrid Newkirk key lime pie, anyone want to join?

7. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Nah, I've heard that tastes like sh*t because of the contents. LOL

I feel a bit weird saying so, but my favorite is string bean casserole. There's something classic about that stuff. Oh yeah, and my aunt has been known to make this chocolate raspberry cheesecake that is so rich you can barely eat a whole piece.

8. diva

diva CH Dog

My favorite holiday dishes are hashbrown casserole, my mom's dressing, red velvet cake, and cheese cake. We have a lady at work that makes her carrot cake like that, roadman...with the carrots in the cake...it's the best carrot cake ever. lol

9. I've always taken red velvet and german chocolate cake to be southern delacacies lol. Send me the recipe for that hashbrown casserole. Im always looking for new ways to eat fried potatoes lol.

Since I've had my own household we've always done untraditional Thanksgivings (atlest on the ones of been in the US...my wife and kids probably backslide to tradition when Im not here lol) We'll usually just BBQ...doesn't bother me because I hate Turkey lol. This thread makes me want to think twice about that though (not the Turkey thing, but a nice ham, and some of the dishes ya'll have mentioned). My favorite growing up was always candied yams...I love the sweet syrup.

Heres a question...does anybody eat fried pickles?

@marty...you must be a great cook, but I'd bet there isn't a recipe in the world that could make that PETA dish come out right[​IMG]

10. WWII

WWII Banned

Sweet potato surprise & cornbread. Everything else I could do without.

11. diva

diva CH Dog

You mean yall actually eat cornbread up north? I thought that was a southern thing. LOL! J/k!

12. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Corn on the cob!!!:o Go ahead and laugh.

13. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

um..........everything, can't pick just one thing i love it all

14. Michele

Michele Guest

sweet potatoes with roasted marshmellows on top of them.......

15. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

What about some chit ter lings?!!!!! Or as we say some chitlins....LM[​IMG]AO

16. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I am just kidding about the post above I hate chit lins!!!!!!

17. fitzpit

fitzpit Big Dog

left over turkey sandwiches with lots of miracle whip...

..mmmmm......

18. chbk

chbk Big Dog

I 2ND THAT

19. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

The 3 and 1/2 hour coma after dinner. Thats my favorite. ;)
    ~swwwwwwwwwwwwww...My mouths watering down the cotton right now. ;);)

20. WWII

WWII Banned

When I think of the north, I think of NY and states around there. Not really IN, OH, Mi....