1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Whats your favourite weight for an APBT??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Grabo86, Dec 21, 2011.

?

What weight is the best?

1. 30-40 pounds

43.3%
  2. 40-45 pounds

22.1%
  3. 45-50 pounds

25.0%
  4. over 50 pounds

9.6%
  1. coop-dog

coop-dog Big Dog

For me it tops out at 45#

2. dayair1

dayair1 Big Dog

Don't really have a favorate. A good dog is a good dog.
    But always seem to end up with dogs on the larger size 45 to 65.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=13130
    Owned this dog for awhile in the early 90's. Was a beast.
    Had to find him a new home. Got out one day while I was at work. And tore up 2 American bull dogs that belonged to a sheriff. The one ab weighed 95lbs, the other about 105lbs. Not a good day.

3. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

That does sound like a bad day! At least a bad day for you, the ABs and the Sheriff. From your dog's point of view, probably not a bad day.

4. dayair1

dayair1 Big Dog

Yea your probably right. But that sheriff was not a happy camper. He actually was pretty cool about it though. Considering Squeeze killed two of his cats a couple months prior, oops!
    Had to pay his vet bills, and find Squeeze a new home. Lot more to the story, but won't bore you with it. :)

5. Redboy09

Redboy09 Pup

I'll take any weight as long as it's working & proven, but I usually like 40-45 pounders, which is crazy, considering none of my current dogs are above 40lbs on the chain!

6. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

30 - 45lbs
    but i would not get rid of a larger or smaller one if they were good dogs.

7. Julez

Julez Big Dog

Hard to say.. most of what I had was around 50lbs... I had an AWESOME bitch that was under 30!! Loved her, easy to handle...

8. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

45-65 lbs tops

9. I like them between 40-45lbs

10. Ideal to me is 40-50lbs. But I do like the under 50lb dogs a lot, even as low at 30lbs.
    My APBT Leon is probably somewhere between 50-55lbs, wouldn't consider him conditioned, but far from over weight.
    This picture is when I first got him, he's lost a little weight since we put him on a controlled feeding schedule [prev. home left his bowl full 24/7] His tuck look's a little nicer now, and he's ready for Spring work outs to start!
    [​IMG]

11. AmberH

AmberH Big Dog

I like my dogs little, the smaller the better. :) 50 max for a male.

12. Wilbert Hood

Wilbert Hood Banned

I perfer what is consider to be big APBT chain weight between 60 and 65lbs. When in condition around 45 and 50lbs and I keep all my few dogs exercised regularly.

13. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

30-40 for me, I dont like those giant dogs. I did find a kennel I really liked but the dogs are like 50-60+ lbs and thats just to big for me I want to get a dog thats not huge.
    My blue mutt dog is about 60 right now, not conditioned (on couch rest from a serious pad split) but I am going to see if I can get him more fit even if he does put on lbs it will be muscle tone and not fat he will be doing a 6week keep once his foot is closed.
    I mean, look at him and ignore the color and you cant tell me he isnt a nice dog! lol please ignore his serious case of bat ears :p
    [​IMG]

14. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

I love the ears

15. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Lol thanks, they are pretty intense.

16. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I don't care what size they are as long as the heart is bigger than they are. But my dog's weigh in between 35-50lbs.

17. baysurfer

baysurfer Pup

i personally like about a 50lb dog in great shape and about 47 conditioned. i dont like when they r on the smallish side, However i despise the so called 80 n even 100 lb pitbulls!!!!! NOWAY R THESE DOGS PUREBRED!! RETARDED LIL THUGS THINK BIGGER N THICKER IS BETTER N A LOT OF THESE SO CALLED 90 N 100LB DOGS HAVE BEEN OUTCROSSED WITH AMERICAN BULLDOGS N EVEN FRENCH MASTIFFS. i LOVE THIS BREED N THE average pitbull has been watered down so badly n even outcrossed 4 size! But i do like about a 50lb gamebred apbt! B cool bro's.............Rickey

18. baysurfer

baysurfer Pup

i have a mcnamara female with yoda ears2.LOL everybody tghinx they r so cute n she ius a beautiful dog!! i lucked into her as she was stolen by yo thugs n turned 2 the street cuz she was a 10 month old cold dog. When we found her at th rescue i was puzzled cuz she had a chip in her. i took my nephew 2 adopta small dog but he fell in love with her. the original owner did track her down but she was legally my 9 yr old nephews n mine. he offered a nice sum of $$ 4 her back n my nephew started crying cuz he didnt wanna give her up. The gentleman appreciated our feelings 4 her n concluded she was better off with us cuz she was his daughters who just left 4 college n she was receiving lots of attention from us. she has a lot of good dogs in her ped n very heavy with jeep. Anyways thats how i have become reinterested in gamebred apbt's. I live in a trendy part of the city with a local doggy park. She gets along with other dogs INA A WAY!!! She tries 2 organize n boss the other dogs at doggy park like she is the princessbut she really doesnt get agressive,just playfully forceful!!!! will never roll her but she has tons of endurance as she will play at home n doggy park n run ALL DAY NONSTOP!!! she is our sweetheart n we were blessed 2 find her the way we did!! b cool

RICKEY

19. northdogger

northdogger Big Dog

Prefer 30-45lbs... Have one thats closer to 50, would have been nice to have the same dog in a smaller frame.