1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite body type for Bulldogs and why?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Pitrulez, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

Obviously you don't care for the info he's compiled? LOL
    Some info is his own opinion, or the opinion of those he spoke with, some is just pure science.

2. keystone

keystone CH Dog

you can say anything about richard .
    but the man love's animals ;)

3. deepadam

deepadam Pup

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Some of the Ch of 2013..

Attached Files:

4. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

5. keystone

keystone CH Dog

nice picture's hiphop and louis
    gonne be a nice topic .

6. Jdll13

Jdll13 Big Dog

I have SBT and I like them like this
    IMG_2365.jpg IMG_2438.jpg IMG_2223.jpg

7. Grabo86

Grabo86 Big Dog

Thats a good looking dog no doubt.

8. Grabo86

Grabo86 Big Dog

I disagee because often a dog with physical flaws has health issues like hip or ellbow-displasia or other health issues. As long as the dog is healthy its alright though. People should never breed with dogs that have health issues. Of course you should not breed for the perfect build only but dont be like "I only breed for gameness no matter how incorrect and healthy the dog is" If all people would do that, health issues and physicall attributes would go downhill more and more, as well as the lifespan of the dogs.
    Just my opinion

9. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Do you not understand the words that are coming out of my mouth genius? All these Gurus coming out of the wood work LMAO.

10. keystone

keystone CH Dog

right jdl from the different side's
    ---------------------------------------
    that's the right way from diff side's
    but big as hip hop and louis post .
    zoom zoom ..
    --------------------------------------------

kat feet.;)........................
    i only can remember one old dogman who was compering them with cats once in a while .
    DON MAYFIELD lol

11. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

As it should be! Breed for gameness and performance first...confirmation will fall into place.

12. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

If one can judge a dogs performance just by looking at his body type like Stratton does then let me use Strattons method and tell you what I see just by looking at your dog. First off he looks like he lacks endurance due to not having a deep rib cage and from his stern stare he lacks smarts. He also needs to be shorter to have better wrestling abilities. His stance is off so he lacks coordination plus judging from his red nose I would guess he is a Iron Line Kennels dog in which case I believe him to be a CUR LMAOROTF.

If I am wrong in any of my assessments please burn all your stratton books like you said you were going to do in one of your earlier posts LMAO.

13. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

Do you really believe that photos were the sole basis upon which Stratton and others derived their conclusions? I will certainly give you more credit than that. In regards to this particular dog, actually he is shorter than I prefer, and if you can recall what was said, then you will see your error. The TALLER dogs seem to have the advantage in wrestling ability according to the accounts. Judging his stance from this photo is probably a bit misleading as well, but you are entitled to do so. He comes close to having the sought after "box-like" dimensions, but is perhaps a tad long. Not the worst ratio though. "Stern stare" equates to a lack of smarts.........ok, I have not heard anything based upon the "stare" of a dog in relation to its intelligence. The rib cage comment may not be far off, I haven't noticed any lack of endurance thus far. As far as being an IK dog, you are correct, and I've stated that in past posts, so at least you read that correctly. Since YOU have now appointed yourself as one of the gurus that you just scoffed at...any problems, jealousy, or other questions concerning IM's stock should be taken up with IM personally.

On a side note, why so bitter and close minded? I've never judged you, or lashed out about your dogs, and yet you've taken this personally for some reason. I've just shared what Stratton and science has to say about performance in this breed from a structural standpoint. I have even mentioned SEVERAL TIMES that these same people value gameness and grit as #1, but that the physical makeup of the individual dog appears to play a role. There is no absolute right or wrong in this discussion. Some people believe other than you, and you can't handle the difference of opinion? SMH. If it makes you feel better, good for you. Maybe you should write a book or two.....I will read them objectively, if you write them objectively, and would be interested to see the research involved.
    "Longer in ears, and shorter in mouth" should be everyone's goal when engaging in topics where difference of opinions present themselves. Peace.

14. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

We have us a dual ..ten paces. tugn and fire.i checked both guns..they shoot decent enough..lol.

15. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

LOL, no dual here McCoy:) I threw my 2 cents, actually some others' 2 cents, into the discussion hoping to add to the topic at hand....and some posters feel it is only worth 2 cents, which is fine. I find it difficult to imagine why it gets so personal with some....mind, body and heart all serve their respective purposes in this breed, and no one is arguing otherwise. Not on my end at least. I also realize that IM has friends and foes, but attacking me to get to him is rather futile. Now, let's see some more of them bulldogs!!!!

16. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

I was just tryin to be humorous .. can't please everyone..
    i hear u.

17. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

Ohhhh, a funny guy, huh? Thanks, it was probably time for some humor. You rascal.

18. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Guilty...:) gotta try to keep it fun and this thread is a good one..i am the omega ..

19. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

I guess you STILL dont get it do you LOL. My whole point of my post was to show you the ERROR or Fallacy of Stratton's/scientific ways when it comes to judging a dogs performance based on body type, it had nothing to do with I.M.'s stock I just threw that in there for a extra sarcastic bonus to show you the audacity of someone judging a dog just by his Body Type alone.

It seems your the one that is closed minded and taking this personal because your blinded from the REAL TRUTH, in which you cant handle the truth based on you owning a Iron Line Kennels dog LMAOROTF. Watch this fool focus only on me sarcastically joking about his dog LMAO.

Only green/amateur newbies quote Stratton's Books and after 6 months to a year they become experts, hence why we call those people GURUS LMAO.

20. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

"Only green/amateur newbies quote Stratton's Books...." I wasn't aware of this fact, now I know. Does that go for just Stratton, or are the other authors included as well? I was simply referencing from Stratton's book, but I could have gone to any biology, physics, or kinesiology book for much of the same. They just weren't available at the time.
    I understand that you were attempting to show me the error of my ways, but I don't necessarily believe that there's an error to show. This is our debate. Although, I'm still unclear as to why it is so outrageous to suggest that certain structured dogs may have an advantage over those dogs that lack the same qualities. Nothing is foolproof, and that has been made more than clear. However, it is part of the equation. Sure a shorter armed boxer can beat a longer armed boxer, but the "reach" is a part of the tale of the tape and has to be factored in. Not my best example, but it sort of explains my position. Ultimately, I