1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

whats this bump? PICS

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by GAowner, Jun 1, 2007.

1. GAowner

GAowner Pup

Just noticed this bump near his penis. I hope its no big deal.

We use Advantix on him but recently we have noticed some ticks on him. They arent imbedded just on his fur. We are going to give him a bath this weekend and reapply. Hes an inside dog and only goes out for walks and exercise sessions.

A couple years ago he had a cyst on his head, near his ear that we had removed. The biopsy results were unclear as to whether it was cancerous

Is this something a tick may have caused, possibly another cyst or just a infection? What should I do?

TIA for any advise

Attached Files:

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

That doesn't look like an tick related bump to me. I adivse you head to the vet & let them remove it & send it off for histiopath.

3. wheezie

wheezie Big Dog

my dog had something like that once, it went away on its own

4. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

If it goes away, great. If it doesn't, gets larger, or starts to bleed then a vet needs to check it out.

I would prefer to tell someone, who is worried about something on their dog, to have a vet check it out then just sit back & wait. ;)

5. wheezie

wheezie Big Dog

i didnt tell them to sit back and wait i told them my experince with the same symptom

6. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Nipple? LOL

7. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog