1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the Temp??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bamaman, Oct 26, 2013.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Ive had mine do just fine in -14 degree nights and they were toasty in their houses. I brought them in more because I don't want to go out there myself for the next 2 days, its a pain in the ass when it is this cold out, water freezes in a bout a half hour sometimes, less but having them in my house is the lesser pain since I cant stand 32 degrees let alone -35 currently. Them 2 chambered, double walled dog houses, insulated with 2" insulation board and all sealed up with a rubber door on the front entrance stuffed with straw keeps them very warm to the touch when they come out and greet me or I stick my hand in their to feel for myself. I never put a thermometer in there before so I don't know what the temp actually is inside the house but it sure feels warm when I put my hand in there. They would probably be ok for the night even though its so could out. blowing winds are blocked in every direction in their area except the top. I still don't feel like taking the chance though... it will be back in the 40's on Thursday so a few days of not worrying about chipping ice or shoveling sounds rather pleasant actually. lol

2. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

-14 would have me with my tail between my legs. When your looking forward to the 40's it's been a cold one.

3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

17 degrees and the high is 31..not even going to get above freezing in South Alabama...just fuckin crazy.Had to chip ice today with a hatchet.This is like the 6th time i had to do it this year.I dont like this shit lol.

4. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

-12 and -37 wind chill....thinking warm thoughts

5. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

its colder than shit out. Be careful folks, and be safe!

6. keystone

keystone CH Dog

today i heard there is a kind of contest .
    between the different erea's where it is the coldest
    bit showing up lol

7. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

It's a toasty 10 degrees right now,lol I hate winter

8. deepsouth

deepsouth Big Dog

Ya'll know this cold snap is a direct result of "Global Warming". Oops! I meant "Climate Change" LMAO!

9. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

32 here now, 60 tomorrow then, high of 80 this weekend. Ill take that

10. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

0 degrees currently -26 wind chill. Been real sunny since this morning. Don't matter though, it's colder than it's been here in years. I felt bad for our garbage men last night, -36 and have to be holding on to the back of the truck all night, fuck that, couldn't pay me enough to do it.

11. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Woke up and it was 20, now at noon it's 40. 46 is supposed to be the high today and after today they're not seeing below 32 in the near forecast. I'm liking the sound of this warm up.

12. treezpitz

Looked out the window and I see the pup is enjoying this 40 right now as well. lol She hates the cold just as much as I do so you know that 40 is feeling good right now if she's laying out. lol
    DSCN1366.jpg .

13. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

Yeah she's lounging out there like its nice and warm. Is that a shower/tub mat for the door skirt?

14. treezpitz

Naw, that's a clear backseat floor mat from the car. I put the clear ones over the factory mats.

15. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

-9F right now. We were -15 over the past few days with the windchill @ -30 to -45F.

Lost my Eli/Jeep dog to the weather the other night. He was only ~3-4yrs old. I use the double walled, 2 room houses a lot of people use around here. Stuffed them with straw and everything. Keep an eye on them hounds. I've been trying to dig up their water buckets and feed pans from waist high drifts. Not having very good luck.

16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Man sorry to hear that St Ides..Hope some warmer weather comes yalls way soon man..Keep warm and best of luck with the rest of those hounds..Its been very cold where I am to which is unusual but nothing like u got man.11 Monday night and 18 last night..We suppose to hit 41 today and I think 60s tomorrow and rest of the week pretty nice..Again sorry for your loss.Thats a shitty way to have to loose one man.

17. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

Thanks man. It's supposed to start warming up today with a high of 16F.
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [280152] :: LGK MO

18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

RIP MO...I sure hate that man.Well bred animal to.

19. treezpitz

RIP MO! Sorry to hear that St. Ides! Do you believe it was the weather alone that was the cause or do you believe there was a another reason (sickness) that may have contributed? I ask because I lost one during a brutal IL winter but I believe my dog died of a illness of some sort. Again, sorry to hear that Ides! Hope you and the dogs get some relief soon partner!!

20. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

I think he was sick. Nothing serious, but like anything else gets sick from time to time. I think the cold was just the icing on top.