1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the RIGHT price....????

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by who, May 25, 2011.

1. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

i spend more then 2000 euro on each dog a year, without vet bills. maybe 3000

so yes, i wouldnt mind to pay more then 1000 for a pup i want. but thats not realistic.

i think when you sell a dog its either crap so why pay for it, or you cant take care for it anymore.. then i wouldnt think about price but a good home for free.

2. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

Right on key there.

3. Eagle

Eagle Big Dog

Just as the cost of living rises for everyone, let's not forget, breeders' cost of living goes up too.
    So when cost of living goes up, the price goes up.
    If you wanna get what you pay for, do the history of the dogs before you buy, not after.
    A good dog is well worth the wait. As it's said, "Fools rush in."

4. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

True that, but the guys who are in the dogs for the love of it, dont care much about selling. Peddlers call themselves breeders. I dont care how well their dogs are bred, the dog pounds are full of well bred Pitbulls because of too many people breeding. If you cant keep'em, do everyone else a favour and dont breed'em.

5. who

who Top Dog

I love how the threads get off track...... every guy that read stratton's books come on here and repeat....... you guys are either fanciers or professional dogman lmao. If my dogs didn't pay for themselves how could I justify taking money away from my family? Throwing it down the drain as you guys claim lmao Get real guys........ a dog was sold at the resent convention down south for 8,000 dollars. A 9 month old pup. Professionals doing business..... when they gamble 50,000 do you guys really think they are using unknown ped's? Dogs they bought out of a newspaper for 300? Lmao I'm not making fun of anyone. But I'm just trying to sharpen the minds of the people that are here really trying to learn more. I'm all for a good deal but you have to pay the piper!!

6. DarrinOT

DarrinOT Pup

"Who" is right, this is the breeders thread. Not the how much for a companion for me. Remember the category this is posted in. It's worth what someone will pay. How you market your dogs and the lines you choose to breed mean a lot. They bought my wifes car and definitely pay for themselves, usually our vacation too. Treat anything like a business and it will pay off like a business. Once you get going word of mouth will be your best ally. Everyone here is going to defend what THEY have done. Bottom line, end of discussion is people ARE paying BIG money for a qualifying dog and there IS a market. Educate yourself on business principles or just be like the rest of the backyard breeders that want something for nothing or want to go to the mattresses about decisions they have made. Where there is demand and supply there is money to be made, when there is competition for a demographic there will be a sliding price scale and different preposed values. I love my dogs, they are my best friends and great business partners. There puppies are not for flooding the market however and not everyone can get them, I enjoy the exclusivity in that.

7. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

A true game dog is invaluable-priceless IMHO .... I personally have no use for a game dog but if I did I would expect to pay a pretty penny for such a dog. That being said the most I have spent on a well bred dog has ranged anywhere from free-500.00.

8. nobody

nobody Banned

In the lowlands a dog wil run you up to 450 euro a year, incl Vet bills, food, bones, flee and worm medicine, not to disrespect to you offcourse but the sum you put up is more for the Pet owner who likes to buy as much stuff for the dogs as they can buy blankets and al sorts of things a dog doesn't need.

But prices in the EU goes from 300 to 800 for a pup, depending on wich breeding, you wil pay 1500/2000 for a tested dog or a winner.

9. zoltan

zoltan Pup

10. harold

harold Pup

slim 12 wins the contest here boys tom garner and anyone else askin 1200 dollars for a pup is a peddler end of story look at his yard now all pc for the dog cops he is known more for what he charges than the quality of his animals i see everyone say how good of a dog they got from tom but is it a bulldog i doubt it who fucked up dogs lets see pat patrick tom garner floyd b moutain man ironline wcc al white mayfield wildside kershner jack kelly i could go on and on how did they fuck it all up cause they turned it into a business to make money and fame bunch of demi gods books videos autographs and 1000 dollar puppies you breed hundreds of puppies sell most to the pet crowd and claim that you got the purest lineage of game tested proven dogs in the world what a bunch of bullshit i brred once twice a year look at them all and would meet any of them demi gods anywhere to prove my point your better off going to the pound take everyone you can set your standard cull to breed to your standard not the blood but the standard and you be as good as the rest of them cause on your way to the top breeding is only part of the story the real work begins in putting your animal in the position to prove his worth

11. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

So what are you runnin, harold?

12. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

last i heard, you could get one off Floyd himself or his partner yard for a lot less

13. Big O

Big O Pup

I think Harold said it best... when i first started i would buy dogs but i've been in over 10 and have established a great breeding program so theres no need to waste money unless i want to experiment with new blood but what i have now is true to the breed standard and every pup that i produce is personal stock and anyone that gets 1 is probably a really good friend or sometimes i will trade pup for pup if i know of some other really good blood i want on my yard.

14. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

lots of folks felt they"would meet any of them demi gods anywhere to prove my point" and fell flat on there ass. dont think so check there W/L record. in less you had a better record then the folks you named you aint got a point. sure they sold lots of dogs and folks bought lots of dogs. why do you think that is? i doubt your stock will be around as long as these demi gods.

15. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

anyone that wont demonstrate the capabilities of their blood will take your money and run.

get a good game bitch off a good game bitch. that way you got two generations to work from.

save your money as youll need it for the stakeholder

16. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Harold, thanks for the vote of confidence.....All check can be made payable to me...LOL....i won't go as far as to say who screwed up what, but i will say anything that CAN make money will attract money makers and that lends itself to a slippery slope....not just bulldogs but all breeds....most everything for that matter.....i have seen good and bad out of the big name kennels....seen good and bad out of 'under the radar' guys....the easiest way to make both types of dogs work is set the standards where you need them and never come off those standards....regardless of paperwork or purchase price....then the bulldog becomes the measuring stick....and all will end well, or at least end well a high percentage of the time....when 'what the papers say' and 'how much he cost' gets factored in again, one would end up on a slippery slope....US1

17. harold

harold Pup

ben 20 men ran the dog game back in the day 20 men bred most of the dogs back in the day 20 men matched into oneanother back in the day today your demi dog gods would be of no greater quality than the 1000's of men that breed and cull and work to the highest of standards of today my friend dogs today are a much finer breed than back in the day the exposer to more dogs has increased the gene pool wich has expanded the talent and made our standards much higher no need to breed a cold bitch today no matter her pedigree good game dogs can be found you can ship a dog half way around the world to get bred back in the day you went to maybe 10 states you take don mayfield with all the dogs he had back in the day now and his win ecord wouldnt be half of what it was why dogs are better conditioning is better overall knowlege of dogs themselves is better feed supplements the game is a much harder place today to remain dominant no 10 kennels own the dog world today my friend and as for what i got and what they have done not a bragger not a peddler what iam is one of the people that make this breed and its high standards survive into the future i produce dogs that you want to own and feed 21st century bulldogs

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

20 men eh? & what time period is this? so the dogs are a finer breed today ? just how did the dogs change? im sorry to break it to you but performance & production are 2 dift things. you don't think azum was revolutionary for the time don was in dogs lol. there will be a next inline to come with something new. but her is the kicker the dogs today do what they did 50 years ago. you'd be suprised at how many successful sportsman today just keep it simple. i didn't ask what you feed nore do i care.

19. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

I asked him what he's runnin because he seems to be against "demi god breeders" and "demi god blood" so I was wondering if he had some kinda blood on his yard that didn't carry one of those "demi gods" names' somewhere in the ped.

20. harold

harold Pup

let me get back on topic whats a pup worth nothing caused he aint proved it SO YOU DONT THINK DOGS ARE BETTER TODAY THAN YESTERDAY BEN I FIND THAT WOULD BE HARD FOR MOST PEOPLE TO BELIEVE MAYBE YOURS ARE NOT I KINDA STUMBLED ON TO THIS SITE FROM A FRIEND IVE MADE MANY A POST SOME SERIOUS AND SOME TO STIR SOME SHIT TO SEE WHO REALLY IS ON IT AND I FEEL SOME WHAT MIXED THERE DOES SEEM TO BE SOME KNOWLEDGE HERE AND SOME BULLSHIT WHEN YOU SAID THEY DO THE SAME AS THEY DID 50 YEARS AGO I CAN AGREE WITH SOME OF THAT I BELIEVE THEY JUST DO IT BETTER AND AS FAR AS DEMI GODS GO I FEEL MOST OF THEM SOLD OUT FOR THE NAME AND FAME MOST PEOPLE DONT KNOW HOW TO BE HUMBLE DID THEY BREED SOME GOOD DOGS YES SOME DID THEY LET FAME GET TO THIER HEAD WELL JUST READ THE NEWS THEY DIDNT FALL FOR STAYIN OUT OF THE LIMELIGHT OR SELLIN 100 DOLLAR PUPS IF YOU HAD SOME POCKET FULL PUNKS WANTN TO SPEND 1000 DOLLARS ON A PUP ARE YOU GONNA SAY NO I DOUBT IT NOW ARE YOU GONNA BREED THE HELL OUT OF SOME DOGS TO SELL TO THESE PUNKS IN THINK YOU WILL MOST OF THESE GUYS DIDNT MAKE A GRAND AWEEK WORKIN AND NOW YOUR SELLIN 1000 DOLLAR PUPS TIME TO BUILD A MARKETING CAMPAIN FROM THE PUREST FAMILY OF DOG I PRESENT BUTCH THE ROM POR NUMBER ONE STUD DOG IN THE COUNTRY WHY WE GOT A HUNDRED DOGS OUT THERE KICKING ASS AND THINK WE ONLY HAD TO BREED HIM 500 TIMES TO DO IT WAKE UP NUCKLEHEADS