1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the RIGHT price....????

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by who, May 25, 2011.

1. who

who Top Dog

well i got my head bit off in another thread cause of waht i stated about spending money on a dog. IF YOU WAS TO SELL A PRIME DOG what would be the asking price.... i spend almost 500 a year in food then there's the vet bill,toys, "mytime invested" as you can see a dog's appreciation in value would definately grow right? i know for a fact dogs were being sold for 500 back in the 60s and 70s.... so why is it out of the question to be spending 2-3 g's? inflation is a bitch.....am i wrong?..... so honest opinions please.... and we all know you got your best dog ever FOR FREE.... so lets hear it.....:cool:

2. JTC

JTC Big Dog

pup-500 bucks. yearling prospect-1000-1200 1xw 1500-2500 2xw 2500-3500 CH 3500-???? that is a general idea of what i would be willing to pay if i were to go outside my yard. these are american prices however. i have seen dogs sold for much more to overseas buyers that have money and are willing to pay top dollar for them.

3. AGame

AGame CH Dog

nope my best dog ever was 600 some people just will not pay 1g much less 2 or three im sorry im just not giving that kind of money for a dog unless it is already a proven hound and i know i can make my money back quick there are way to many well bred hounds out there to have to pay those prices

4. who

who Top Dog

i guess i just dont have it in me to sell pups for that cheap.... if i were to be really lkeing some pedigrees and dogs then the guy told me 500 for a pup i would pretty much reconsider it.... if he doesnt value his dogs then why should i want to own one?..... i guess thats how i am..... ill buy the dog that they really didnt want to sell... lmao money talks and i know im not gonna get something for nothing...

5. JTC

JTC Big Dog

i wouldnt pay any more than 500 for a pup that i will probably have to cull anyway, so i wouldnt sell one for a penny more.

6. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

Im not paying more then300 for a pup.I started with adults that i seen there offspring.i paid lot less then that chart for my best male thats for sure.

7. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

unless a dog is proven by my eyes im not shoveling out more then 500 on a pup period

8. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

U pay how much u think it is worth in ur eyes!!...I kno somebody who payed $17 for a untested bitch!!...the blood was werth that in his eyes!...it's all in the eye of the beholder!

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2011
  9. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

I wouldn't pay more than 750 for a pup... and that'd have to be a real dream-pup. On avg, no more than 500. As for adult... well... that would all depend on the adult, I couldn't make an estimate.

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

it all depends on who you know

11. visiongee

visiongee Banned

1500 look at the price of English bull terriers, American and English bulldogs, and alot of other breeds.
    Dont forget its not surprising to see Bully dog's be sold for well over 3g and they are dying from exhaustion
    heatstroke they have all types of health issues. An APBT to me is just genetically superior and more balanced
    mentally and instinct wise. Also at 1500 you can negotiate if you have multiple intrested parties you can really
    put them dogs in the right hands accordingly. Besides to say the truth at some point they are all priceless
    I invite you to see why [video]http://youtu.be/dDlVNeyvg5w[/video]

12. cutt

cutt CH Dog

13. visiongee

visiongee Banned

lol how about free with stainless steel bowls and a leash

14. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

The right price is whatever someone is willing to pay for it , so come on down your the next contestant on the Price is right lol.

15. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

Good answer Saiyagin, everyone's price differs whatever your budget is, I might be willing to spend up to 800 a pup, the next man might not want to spend more then 500.

16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

sheeeeettttt you can stop buying pups if you start with the right dogs. breeding your own stock has it's advantage's. LMFAO what folks pay for these pups online. you can stud to ranked dog for 1200. some guys let grown dogs that look good go for ballpark price. 1200 just a down payment on a cur that ends up costing 10k.

17. I'm not slammin' Tom or his dogs and my foundation dogs were off of el' Negro, Elmo and Bolo (all females). I was just shocked at the price jump in just 4 months and although I would like a pup off of that Genghis x Cherub breeding he did...$1200 is not going to happen. I would just breed to one of his studs instead as I plan on breeding to Bobby in the near future.

YIS

18. visiongee

visiongee Banned

The only way you can show respect and appreciation for a dog man is to pay what he asks the first time around next time they are always apreciative and will in most cases either studd for less or offer a dog at a lower price. Once you are in and they know you value what you got for them. Also I have known of breeders offering a price cut or even later reimbursement for dogs that will be taken for competition and winn big.
    I payed over two g for my English bull terrier and she has been worth every penny plus she paid for herself and then some on her first litter.
    But I respect everybodys opinion if you think a dog is only worth 100 well who am i to judge. I would hate to get a dog on the day I show up
    money talks and bs walks. Any breeder that has 7 solid generations under his belt is to be respected so pay up or sh up and step out the way the next probably came correct. In life you get what you pay for.

19. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Pay what you are willing and sell for what they are willing to give.Karma is a bItch!

20. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thats the simple facts.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^