1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the longest your dog ever springpoled for?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by dragonpit, Apr 13, 2009.

1. dragonpit

dragonpit Big Dog

Was wondering what the longest anyone has ever springpoled thier dog for? for conditioning,or just the hell of it,with no brakes or eating inbetween?

The rope/hide hanging where his/her front paws are off the ground a (ft) when they have a hold of it. (The norm)

2. WNK

WNK Big Dog

30 minutes, then I stopped him.

3. New2Game

New2Game Pup

is there a huge difference when you have a piece of cow hide vs just a toy or a tree branch?

4. dragonpit

dragonpit Big Dog

Exercise wise i'd say not really, how fast the toy vs hide breaks (gets destroyed) durability is the difference.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
  5. Mine usually have to be stopped but after a heavy day of working, they usually get bored after 15 minutes or so. I like to keep them interested in working so I try not to burn them out on springpoles or flirtpoles. I had this one female that wouldn't ever seem to stop on the springpole, when she tired she wouldn't work it but she would still have a grip on it until I called her off of it....she loved that damn thing but couldn't stand the mill or the WP harness...lol.

6. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

i got one just like it now (D'S Trip) she'll stay on it as long as you let her. ive gone inside the house and let her go for it one day while i watched at the window and a couple of beers, she kept going till her legs wouldnt hold her up anymore. she was hanging on with her ass on the ground, partly laying on her side, i went out to get her off and to make sure she wasnt hung up and couldnt get off. well she wasnt going to let go lol.. i had to go and get the stick and break her off and when i took her away and let her go she hit it again, once she had hold the ass hit the ground again. i broke her off and that was that. she still is the same with it every time, that includes flirt poll and slat mill. she has incredible wind and can be worked for hours and recovers quickly everytime. it also makes it hard to decide when she's had enough when working her, something to keep in mind for anyone with a dog like her.:D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
  7. dragonpit

dragonpit Big Dog

Yup yup, That's why I asked, I wanted to hear if anyone else had it the same way. The only problem I really have is the boyz chewin everything apart- I 've had to experiment with alot of "chew toys", and cuz they do love chewin EVERTHING they'll climb a tree if I hang the rope/hide up 10-15 ft!(I have 2 real good climbers). They always start off bite-shake-and pulling on it so hard they bounce off the ground and 2-3 hours later they are holding and sitting, lol :D- it does look funny.

Thanks D's:)