1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What's The Best Modern Day Eli Line?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by bounty, Aug 19, 2012.

1. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Love my toby bitch!

2. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

3. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

4. JayW

JayW Big Dog

The latter is what I am most familiar with and have always liked best. But with any luck I'll feed one of those Tex Mex bred hounds one day.... It's on my bucket list.lol

We'll take a litter off of a Stu Fowler bred bitch through Pena's line early next year....I always loved those dogs but haven't had access to any in over a decade

5. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

check out the similar look to these two....

cobra III.jpg Gr CH Herman.jpg

ohav4 likes this.
  6. JayW

JayW Big Dog

Man.... now that's nice. I know a breeder has it right when something like that happens. I'd be willing to bet appearance isn't all they have in common.

Thanks for the post!

7. JayW

JayW Big Dog

8. JayW

JayW Big Dog

I never know if these links will work....Here's a young bitch that really hates a hog.

High hopes for this one.

9. 805tony

805tony Big Dog

Nice! That bitch pulled heavy to the Halls side!

10. JayW

JayW Big Dog

Thanks Man! The Boudreaux Moe x Rose II/ Toby blend is one of my favorites. I ran into some of them in the nineties and they really left an impression on me. G picked up Rhino and got a couple of breedings off of him. I really like what I saw off of Shorty Pearl before he came up missing so I jumped at the chance to get this bitch. There's two full sisters and one half, the other half being mostly Booger. I'm thankful as hell he thought of me when she became available. I think the best "Eli" dogs have always been a blend of the various strains. Some of the best roads to getting good dogs are those less traveled. I've always like the piney woods Eli.... and some breeders south of the border. I'll say this about Chucky Jr.... They don't put them together and nicer than he is. The dog is about as hand made a hound as I've ever seen.... I tip my hat to the guys that bred him. Unless I miss my guess... he'll throw some BULLDOGS bred to those Toby bitches. I liked what I saw in that dog. :)

11. Its been my experience that Toby blood crosses well with other Eli bred bulldogs, bringing something more to the table then what was already there, of course I'm bias, crossed or heavy bred on its own blood theres bulldogs in those Toby dogs..........jmo

12. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

The best Eli dogs are blends of various strains

THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF THE ELI FAMILY!

13. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

I have seen some nice Eli/Tornado dogs.

It is hard call. There are so many nice strains out there.

Exactly!

14. JayW

JayW Big Dog

I've always been curious about the Sixbits x Camoflague breeding. I never saw any off of this litter. Most that I DID see off of Sixbits carried Maverick and Toby in the ped. I've never been a big fan of Sixbits, but saw some good ones off of him. Did any of these turn out?

15. WHOCARES

WHOCARES Pup

Clemmons Blk Beauty was out of Camo dbl bred on ethan. She produced quite a few good dogs.

16. JayW

JayW Big Dog

Thanks....I've been wondering about that litter for a long time.

17. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

My stud is double bred WarDog who's dam is off the sixbits camouflage breeding. He will be taken to my 3/4ths Toby/Herman 1/4 Nigerino bred bitch as soon as she comes into heat....none avalable..

18. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

19. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

20. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

Yes, six bits x Toby always seemed to be what worked