1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What's Cookin?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by YellowJohnJocko, Nov 12, 2018.

1. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Yes, but we both know that it is not totally legal transactions taking place there. Most growers are not paying the taxes they should be.

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

It's the same here. I get it for a little cheaper off the streets than our dispensary sells it. Makes no sense at all.

XLR8 and treezpitz like this.
  3. treezpitz

Same up in Illinois...

4. SMD760

SMD760 Big Dog

No disagreement there at all except for flower co.they seem to be all legal and the prices are insane, volume I suppose.

5. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

The point of legalization is freedom. The prices will sort themselves out.
    You can get an 8th for 25 - 35 round these parts. But if we talking some good haze which is rarely available you wouldn't be able to get it that cheap if I was doing the selling.

RobR73 and SMD760 like this.
  6. treezpitz

It's not freedom if it's taxed to death or has stipulations. This amount can be grown, has to be in this certain container with this label on it. That's not freedom to me.

7. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

It's freedom from incarceration or being charged/fined with a crime.

Mr.Revolution likes this.
  8. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

It makes a ton of sense that legal weed costs more. It's called overhead, taxes, compliance with regulations, paying SS taxes, medicare, etc. I could go on and on.

9. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

You have no idea how regulated it is. I do because I work in the industry. It's strict and most growers/sellers are very compliant with the law because of the consequences of skirting it.

Haboob at the local convenience store with two registers skirts the law more than any grower or dispensary will.

Mr.Revolution likes this.
  10. treezpitz

:)):)):))

11. treezpitz

Buddy, you can wear your "I work in the industry" badge all you want. You're still incorrect.

12. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

Maybe you can impart some of that knowledge since apparently you know better. Looking forward too it.

13. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

FTR I live in a medical state only that is strictly "seed to sale". No outside growers, no independents....., You can only sell what you produce out here at the dispensaries and plant numbers are limited. as are the licenses. Not adhering to that law will get your license revoked which is easily worth over a mil. It's a risk/reward in my state and no one is dumb enough to use the risk over reward strategy. Especially with rec a year away.

14. treezpitz

Speak from your stand point on the people you know then. Because the majority of people I know don't follow the rules.

15. SMD760

SMD760 Big Dog

In California you would have to have two separate facilities if you want to have some legal and some illegal, otherwise would have to be all one or the other as it is really heavily regulated from seed to harvest.

16. treezpitz

Also not true lol. There are MANY growers who grow "legally" but their sales are mixed both legal and illegal. I'm not going any further into detail as I'm not trying to dry snitch of folks but that is simply not the case either.

SMD760 likes this.
  17. Holocaust

Holocaust Match dog

If anyone is still buying that bs they're retarded... "in the industry" and been around for ever but never head of or seen a high times ad to know who greens house seeds are. I've said it once I'll say it again snitch or liar only explanations....

18. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

That's not true in my state. Like I mentioned before every dispensary has to have their own grow. They are monitored and inspected by the department of health and everything is tracked from seed to sale.
    What would be their incentive too skirt the law? So they can sell it cheaper on the black market? LMAO

19. treezpitz

Everybody does it by the book in their state but riddle me this, if everybody does it legally then how does all of these states weed make it around the country?

20. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Picture this scenario. A guy sells stuff out of his legal store. He has to pay taxes on the profits and selling out his storefront all adds to overhead that could double or even triple the cost of the product. Because the cost to operate logicaly will be passed on to the consumer in the form of increased product price. Same store owner also sells stuff on the side for a slight discount. The slight discount allows bigger profit vs sharing with uncle Sam.
    Also no money is better than the money no one knows you have.
    It's not that hard a concept to grasp.