1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what yo girls do for you?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by big von, Mar 7, 2013.

1. big von

big von Big Dog

Through my year's involved with breeding there's one observation I have made that plays an important part in my opinion. It seems the majority of the puppies out of the breedings I have done displayed the dams confromation. Does anyone agree and if so to what degree?

2. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I have done breedings and had pups take after either parent.I couldn't say one more than the other really though. I never know until I put them together,even repeat breedings have been a little different confirmation wise regarding which parent the pups looked like.

3. big von

big von Big Dog

It seems my females helped correct my conformation

4. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Confirmation? What's that?

5. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Lol I jus noticed I looked like a dummy.... To clear that up I meant.... Who the hell cares bout conformation!!!

6. Pops 1

Pops 1 Pup

Kind of like comfortation.

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I've never really conformed to the confirmation of conformation, and I can have that confirmed.

8. Joe Black

Joe Black Banned

Enough to make it a part of the breeding a person does imo.
    You can breed a dog that's game as hell but if it lacks a certain conformation, like not long enough legs, chest isn't deep enough, back is to short, it wil have a hard time getting even with a dog who does have those traits and is also game to the bone.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
  9. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Within the limits of mutation or deformation, I think conformation is given a little too much importance when it's all said and done. I'll still always take the dog that does what it does better than the other dog does what it does, regardless of so-called perfect conformation. And gameness isn't linked to their body type.
    As to deep chests, Joe, lungs are not capacitors. Big or deep chests mean nothing. Lungs are pumps, and the more efficient the pumps the better, as their efficiency is the first stage of good wind.

10. Joe Black

Joe Black Banned

That's why i said a part of the breeding, nobody wants deformation.
    I think perfect conformation is something for the show people, it's not something i'm worried about.
    When it comes to the chest i couldn't say it in another way, english is my second language, not my first ;)
    But you need a good chest to house the lungs and heart, it's hard to explain what i mean but for me good lungs and heart is very important they need to have good air.
    A bitch i've got has done the 50 kilometer endurance run with her old owner, not too many dog in my country that done that, i know she's got good lungs.

11. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I understand, Joe, but any chest which cannot house lungs and heart is a deformity, of course. So that would fall into that undesired category.