1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What would you do.

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by odinslad, Nov 25, 2011.

1. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

I am posting this to see what other peoples responce is in an honest answer to what happened to a freinds dog ( NOT SBT )
    Right i got talking to a freind today who told me he had to get one of his dogs put to sleep , to no fault of his own he has done everything right with the dog plenty of exersize , long walks ext but he has told me that he could'nt mix his dogs with other dogs he didnt know due to his dogs agresion to other dogs but not the dogs he already had .
    He told me few weeks back that he was looking for a good home for this dog & certain people were intrested but he didnt want the dog to get into the wrong hands so declined the offers & kept the dog as mentioned before he done all he could for the dog until few days ago the dog turned on him ? He then tels me if it wasnt for his other dog attacking the dog he could have been hurt anyway he asks for advice throgh freinds who have the same breed of dog gets some good info & a freind takes the dog out to see what they can do with the dog only for the dog to attack this person but luckily no real harm done ( few scratches ext , but could have been worse ) after getting the dog back home the dog starts to show his aggresion again but he gets the dog into its kennel , now after looking at the big picture of a dog that aint trust worthy & with this bloke having kids of a young age staying with him with 2 other dogs he decides to get the vet out as he wasnt going to take anymore chances with the dog who come out & put the dog to sleep .
    So i phone the bloke up to have a talk & he tells me what has went on but is upset about the whole story as he has had this dog from a pup & thought he had a good understanding with the dog but decided to put him to sleep for the sake of his children who we all know comes first , so i am looking for feed back if you were in the same positin what would you have done .

THIS IS A TRUE STORY

2. jacko

jacko CH Dog

interesting ...what breed of dog was it ?

3. cromsboss

cromsboss Big Dog

yeah, if it can't be handked safely and/or is a potential threat to the family them the dog must be PTS
    that's one of the things seperates responsible and irresponsible owners
    your friend did the right thing

4. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

i second that ^

5. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i agree that was a damn good answer, but out of curiosity i would like to know the breed of dog involved ....lol

6. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Don't matter what breed the dog is, if he turns on a person he needs to be worm food..

7. doubletap

doubletap Banned

i couldnt make out exactly what happened,did the dog attack a person or another dog??

8. Bully_UK

Bully_UK Big Dog

As much as it would hurt like a bitch,providing dog had been checked by a vet just to make sure there was no medical reason for dogs behavior i would get PTS.

Tracie.XX

9. hmots

hmots Big Dog

Numerous attempts to work w the dog and still no positive outcome, PTS is the best answer ! unfortunatly most people are soooo atached to animals, Im no exception , that they ignore or try to "work arround " the problems. That is when people get hurt !!
    a good steward of any breed should do the same thing.As much as we love our dogs HA cannot be tolerated!!

10. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I have no problem with animal aggression but human aggression is not tolerated in this house so if a dog "went for me" it'd be on a one way trip to the vet.

11. lil mayhem

lil mayhem Top Dog

Wouldn't have made it to the vet I would've done it myself. Nothing to be upset about unless the dog had a medical condition that caused the sudden aggression. Other than that yeah worm food like rock and rye said

12. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

The dog was a presa canrio

13. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

14. jacko

jacko CH Dog

15. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

Thanks for the opinions & info of everyone , i personaly think he done the right thing as any dog that isnt trust worthy & had a chance before is to dangerous to keep hold of , once again thanks to you all .

16. KBK

KBK Big Dog

Ye, he did the right thing, dog was due a dirt nap by sounds of things