1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What types of exercise does everyone do w/dogs?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by devinben3, Jun 9, 2005.

1. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

Everyone has opinions on the best exercises. But since everyone is always asking, i thought i would share what i usually do. Everyone else add what they do. Swimming i feel is one of the best ones out there..for one it works every muscle in the body while building wind. If you can get your dog to swim fast (going after ball, stick, etc)...working the front legs hard then it brings out the shoulder muscles a lot! I also run/jog my dogs on a fourwheeler on the beach...or in the mountains...depends where i'm at. That builds wind and stamina. also in the sand, it builds muscles! and of course the daily springpole work and flirt pole. weight pull is a good way to build bulk and brute strength, but you need to do wind and stamina work w/that to get an all around awesome looking dog! everyone else add what they do, someone might have some tricks up their sleeve.

2. MRS_FIFTY

MRS_FIFTY Guest

3. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Handwalking for warming-up and cooling-down, millwork (slat and electric), roadwork with weights and springpole work twice a week!

YIS