1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what to put on the ground to help with mud

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by 918eva, Feb 14, 2010.

1. 918eva

918eva Pup

i seen a post on here on some kennel set-ups etc; and found one guy had his dogs on chains and had what was called rock dust to keep the dog's area from getting muddy when it rains etc;. i was not able to find any rock dust in my area, and most people had no idea what it even was. is there another name for it or something? or any idea's what to put down so when my dogs are outside and they ear the grass down to dirt, they live in mud. i was thinking sand, but thats seem slike it would be a mess when it's wet

2. ROSE

ROSE Banned

I've found that the 3/4 in. works better for me. http://www.knepps.com/gallery.php?gallery_id=27 and helps to eliminate urine smell.

3. 918eva

918eva Pup

yeah, thats makes sense. i want them to be on something finer, so i dont feel like they have to walk there soft paws on something hard all day

4. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

thanks for the link

5. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i would try pea gravel mixed with sand thats way the sand is soft but allows good drainage through the gravel

6. 918eva

918eva Pup

sounds like a good idea

7. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I wouldn't recommend sand. i could see it getting all over the place when wind picked up. Getting in the dogs eyes.

Go to home depot or lowes and look for crushed rock like granite. You could also try pea gravel or even quick cement.

8. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

sand can hold bacteria in a terrible way to specifically can hold the staphylococcus strains..no no on the sand. small peagravel works best IMO.

9. 918eva

918eva Pup

yeah, think i'll go with the pea gravel. thanks guys. appreciate the info