1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What to do about strays?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by kalenhcc, Nov 19, 2013.

1. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

Has anybody had a problem with strays that roam around their yard? I'm tired of people leaving their dogs to roam. What do you all do if you catch a stray in your yard? Ive done about everything but shoot em and it's getting irritating enough it's about come to that.

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Fence your whole yard man.Its expensive but thats about the only cure for that.

3. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Yup, I deal w em in my front yard but they can't get near the dogs in the back w privacy fence. When I see them on the cameras, I'll go run em off.

4. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

you know what i call a stray? a good work out for a bulldog!! lol just playin!!

5. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

Shoot shovel shut up. With that said if it has a collar and looks taken care of I call. If not well u get the gist. I can't watch a dog starve and if they aren't man enough to do what needs done I will.

Shotgun
    Arkansas

6. old goat

old goat CH Dog

that's against the law . i sucks but it's the law so call the pound .

7. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Leash Laws animal control will come get them just saying...

8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

we dont have AC in these parts lol

9. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

Ever heard the song way out here? Well when u get way out here ur still a good piece from my place. It's not like I live up town and to be honest it's a better fate than going to the local pound and being stuck in a 10x10 kennel with 4 dogs and starved nearly to death before they put u down. Strays out my way were left to die by people that don't have the balls to own dogs.

Shotgun
    Arkansas

10. kdog123

kdog123 Pup

A special cocktail

11. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

shotgun i know what u mean..people think if they dump em far enough away from town in BFE that its over and thats that..But thier are people that live in BFE .I was reading a post on my facebook page yesterday .Thier is a young lady that lives in BFE on the river .Lol she was tellin people please quit dumping your dogs in my area ,she says my kids want to keep all of them and we have kept 8 already lol.

12. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

The small town I live in it is legal to shoot strays in your yard I already checked into that and if I see the same mutt more than a few times it will probably disappear

13. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

pellet gun + hunting pellets = end of problems
    its alot quieter than a 22 as well

14. ABD456

ABD456 Big Dog

I got a dog that visits my place, once he was really irritating one of my dogs on their post so I let my dog loose, never hurt the stray but it sure did get a fright and when it sees me it leaves lol

15. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

A fence works for me.

16. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

............fence............shut the gate......lol.....