1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What makes you think.........

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Scratchy, Apr 6, 2007.

1. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

I find it ironic that you would quote the very man that has proven what a sleek fast fighting machine can do, and yet you prefer the heavyweights. Check out a physics book and read the chapter on resistance and range of motion. Smaller doesn't always mean weaker.

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Your right, but we are supposed to be discussing "all else being equal". I've seen dogs without a defensive bone in their body chase a hold 1/2 the show, while the other dances and keeps out of trouble with a head-hold. Very few, have the mouth to make chasing that one hold worthwhile once they finally get there. Some do, some can inflict more damage with one hold, then they sustained while chasing and being chewed on for 30 minutes. I do not like dogs that are either too offensive, or too defensive. A smart defensive dog, who knows when to pour it on, is a whole diffrent ball game then one who is content to ride the ear for hours. Of course, I've seen the side-effects of hard-mouthed monsters who can chase for 20 minutes until catching one solid hold, and make it count all the way to a pick-up. In our hypothetical discussion hear, I thought we were talking about two dogs with all else being equal besides styles? There are many diffrent variables, of course, which is why this is strictly hypothetical (besides it being illegal to find out!). Things are never cut and dry, but on the average, one who can stay out of trouble while inflicting it to a similarly talented (mouth, wind, durability) dog would win in the days when matching was legal.

3. That sounds Logically but it is not right. Dont ask me how they do it but some little Bulldogs have it all...and more! Ok some good big dogs out there, today and in History but if you look straight for real Bulldogs and if you talk about % then you have to search for the true little guys. Yes size and power plays a roll but ability, speed, safe hold and abowe all deep gameness are much more important. You say two dogs with the same rank, that is really a theoretical statement. Even if two dogs look alike you will find out they are not. The very true Qualities you will find most times in small Bulldogs. The reason for that is that the origin was small....go back in History and this dogs tend to be smaller and smaller....and then you can fell the Truth.....

4. Fedor23

Fedor23 Big Dog

It's not true that smaller APBT's are more agile and quicker if their small, take Mayday for example he was pretty big. I think it all depends on the dogs bone structure, size of head, and the way the dog thinks, like in martial arts, you don't have to be small to be quick, your mind(dogs mind) is the power.

5. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Right. If there was any one special formula, there would be no discussion-that is all that would exist after so many years of open matching! Any dog could win, on any night, which is why even non-doggers were willing to stake a wager at pre-76 dog shows.

6. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

OK I'm back ...

I have to disagree w/ this statement. My 83 lb'er had all the "mind power" in the world, but he was still a clumsy oaf. If you're not made to move, you're just not made to move & no matter how much "mind power" you have you can't over come that.

And yes, there were dogs like Mayday. But as one poster said previously if you will look at the %s, you will find that dogs like Mayday are far & few in between. .

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2007