1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what kind of dog food do you feed???

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Big River Kennels, Jan 18, 2005.

?

what do you feed your dogs?

Poll closed Jan 28, 2005.
  1. BLACK GOLD

8.3%
  2. EUKANUBA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. IAMS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. TABLE SCRAPS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. DIAMOND

50.0%
  6. OTHER

41.7%
  7. ANYTHING THAT WALMART SELLS THAT IS CHEAP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tell us what kind of dog food you feed and why and what is the first ingredient and protein/fat percentage??

2. Ted

Ted Pup

i feed sportmix

SPORTMiX® Energy Plus Adult Mini Chunk Dog Food

SPORTMiX® Energy Plus Adult Mini Chunk is formulated for highly active dogs needing a maximum high level of energy. Competition events demand a food for dogs that will withstand days of grueling field trials. SPORTMiX® Energy Plus Adult Mini Chunk is designed to meet the needs of these high stress, working dogs. Formulated with supplemental flaxseed, SPORTMiX® Energy Plus Adult Mini Chunk helps ensure an improved Omega-6/Omega-3 fatty acid balance promoting healthy skin and coat. SPORTMiX® Energy Plus is naturally preserved and dogs love the taste.

INGREDIENTS

Meat Meal, Ground Yellow Corn, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a natural source of Vitamin E), Chicken By-Product Meal, Ground Brewers Rice, Dried Beep Pulp, Menhaden Fish Meal, Flaxseed, Salt, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Suppplement, Riboflavin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin Supplement, Choline Chloride, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Copper Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Oxide.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

• Crude Protein, not less than 24.0%
    • Crude Fat, not less than 20.0%
    • Crude Fiber, not more than 4.5%
    • Moisture, not more than 10.0%
    • Omega-6 Fatty Acids, not less than 2.70%*
    • Omega-3 Fatty Acids, not less than 0.45%*

and my dogs look real good and dont have no problems and they have a nice looking coat and good air

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2005
  3. buddylee04

buddylee04 Banned

my dog eats raw meat with solid gold because solid gold doesnt contain meat it has fish,fruit,veggies, etc. because its suppose to be fed with raw meat and the brand is hudchen flocken holistic

4. Ted

Ted Pup

i tried that solid gold when i only had one dog and i would say it is top of the line but if you have more than 4 dogs it is not easy to feed cuz of money factors

5. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

Mine all eat Sportsman's Pryde Professional. 40% protein..20% Fat..One of the best dogs foods i have ever FED! i also recomend VF(Veternaian's Formula) it is 30% protein and 20% Fat..It runs a little higher than the Sportsman's Pryde, but it VERY high in the Omegas! Both good dog foods!

6. Classic

Classic Big Dog

I use Diamond Premium Select for adults and Diamond Puppy for guess who? LOL
    Diamond Premium Select has the first ingredient as Chicken by-Product Meal.
    The dogs look great on it and it is good amounts of the amino acids as well.

7. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

I feed Diamond, but just bought a few bags of Maxximum Nutrition from Wal-Mart. Don't laugh this shit looks pretty complete. First ingredient is meat, followed by brewers rice or chicken meal depending on the fomula.

8. Classic

Classic Big Dog

Maximum Nutrition is a good dog food by analysis, but for some reason my dogs tend to get hot spots with it. On the other hand I have friends whose dogs look great on it...
    so, I say...to each his own.