1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What is your taste???

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by jeeperino, Jul 28, 2008.

1. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Im not asking for bloodlines or anything in paticular, I just wanna know how your PERFECT dog will look and act in your mind. This is strictly a topic to voice your opinion on your personal taste in dogs. Please dont start nit picking about the topic cause everyone is a lil biased with color, looks etc..

Ill start. My ideal dog would weigh about 22 lbs. She (thats right a female) would be black in color with thick bones a lil lanky but not highly muscled. I prefer a large head with a BIG mouth and a lil bowlegged in the front.

I want her to be hell on paws 100% of the time and as hyper as she can be. I want her to be VERY intense and hit ANYTHING(animals) that comes around her. I dont care if shes smart or not, some of my favorites have been dumb as a stump.

Basically I want a hellspawn that most people wouldnt want anything to do with LOL.

2. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

lol, sounds like a character of a dog. Have you had one like that in the past?

For me, I'd like a little bigger male dog, about 40 lbs. Good length of leg and built like it's all the different peices plugged together. Not sure if that's the right description, but where the legs are attached to the torso like wheels on a car, no bowing or weak rear. As far as color, I like buckskin or mostly black, with round dark eyes, not those almond shaped.

I like the hyper dogs, too, but probably not as hellspawn as Jeeperino's dog :D

3. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

I'd like a larger male, around 45-50 pounds. I prefer a dog with a good, deep chest and long, well-angled legs. Lean muscle mass, nothing bulky with a good, "typey" head. As far as color, I love coppery red/rednose dogs. But I won't turn down a good-looking buckskin with a lot of black points. Or a chocolate dog.

Temperament wise... I want a sound dog that can't be broken. Must be driven to do just about anything twice. I'd like a smart dog but sometimes that's asking too much. I like hyper, hell-on-wheels dogs... When they belong to someone else LOL.

4. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

I havent owned 1 complete dog like that. I have had some with the different traits, but not one with ALL the traits I described.

I like very hyper dogs that run the chain all day and night and cant wait to get worked. I cant stand lazy laid back dogs.

5. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I have two opposite styles I prefer in the dogs, one male, one female.

I prefer the majority of the yard to be "average" but love to keep one extreme around on each end of the spectrum. The large dogs I love for their physical prowess, small animals for their drive. Granted, both ends will exhibit both, but they are exemplified at the polar ends. Need well-rounded, average-sized dogs which is why "average" dogs are " the average" in the first place-they are necessary. But that is what makes a dog outside the norm so intriguing.

I love my males, big, lean horses. 55-65 lb. dogs. Look like a thoroughbred, and strong as an ox. Absolutely driven. This is modeled after one of my favorite dogs I've ever owned. Although he has a few performance faults, his on-chain/working demeanor won me over. So strong it takes two experienced dogmen to detach him from the chain, and onto a leash. Dislocated my shoulders multiple times walking him, walk for 3 miles without front legs touching after flushing out a turkey. Wrestle you down in the chainspot, physical, physical beast. An animal that would scare the hell out of you at every moment, because of his physical traits, with a heart of gold. Prefer my large dogs, tall and lanky. As I said before, built like a racehorse, not a bodybuilder.

The other end of the spectrum, is tiny, firecracker females. I'd kill for a 20 lb. female, 1/2 the size of a normal dog, in proportion. With drive for 10 animals. Jet black, or brindle. Black brindle would be ideal. Perfect rose ears.

I'm fascinated with tiny, gamebred animals. Visiting a gamefowl owners yard, and he had some little greys the size of quaills. When I move into a lesser home, one of the stags will be inside the home in a canary cage to look at every day. Something half the size of "normal" animals, with at least twice the drive is comical, as well as inspiring to me.

6. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

I have what i want on my yard.

7. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

My perfect dog would be in the 40-50 lb range. Deep red/rednose with a limited amount of flash. It would have natural rose ears. Nice length of leg and neck, low tailset, good stifle, nice angulation front and rear, tight feet. Scissors bite. Lots of working drive, preferably without an insane amount of dog aggression. (I'm used to DA, but it needs to be controlled while working.) It would be a dog that naturally kept him/herself in shape, not necessarily conditioned, but fit. Outgoing and friendly in all situations except for those rare few that call for a more serious approach.

8. redripper

redripper Big Dog

I like a rangy long body female about 45 lbs. Lean, not bulky. Built like a thoroughbred race horse. Long muzzled not too blocky, with a big mouth with big cutters. Black nose, preferably with a black mask, though I'll pick a dog with none of the looks but all the personality listed below instead of one with just the looks. I like them to be Full of drive and keep herself in shape. Loves to work, but will just chill when you bring her inside. Good with kids and all people in general. Just friendly and outgoing to everyone. The type of dog that will greet an absolute stranger. Intelligent. Hates all four legged creatures. Will run through a wall after another dog if she sees it. The type of dog that could be dead tired and see a cat and bolt after it on wobly legs tail wagging. Words like defeat and quit aren't even on her radar. She'd pull on the end of a house for two solid hours if I was standing there calling her and still have a look on her face like she was winning, just wearing the house down. Type of dog that would die for you if you asked her.

I was actually blessed enough to own a dog like this. Her offspring are on my yard today, but none of them are the total package like she was.

9. Mr Mark

Mr Mark Guest

This is what I like right here!

Mr Mark's Onyx
    [​IMG]

...and here

Mr Mark's Fitz
    [​IMG]

10. 45lbs of sheer determination, conformationally correct, who cares what color!!:D