1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What is the difference between a Keep and Conditioning??

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Pitbullmenace, Apr 27, 2006.

1. What is the difference between a keep and conditioning.

2. does anybody know?

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

yes. In the search box type in the keywords one at a time & you will find lots of information.

Basically, conditioning is any kind of exercise you do with your dog to get him into shape & keep him physically fit be it for no reason or to stay in shape to perform a specific job (i.e. hog hunting, weight pulling, S&R, etc)

A keep is a very strict exercise & nutritional regimen usually done for a limited period of time (I use a 12 wk keep) to get a dog into peak physical & mental condition for a specific task. It is a carefully monitored program that is, or should be, scientifcally thought out to make sure the dog is in peak condition.

4. thanks for that information I did not know the deffinition of A keep