1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What is going on??!!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by OhRex, Sep 7, 2006.

1. OhRex

OhRex Pup

My APBT has this problem where he throws up if he drinks too much water, or when he eats too much food. I have been on this website for about 30 minutes, and he has puked three different times!His nose is wet, he is being responsive, and he has been doing this for months(since he was a pup, and now he is 1 yr. and 4months). I have went to countless vets, and they all tell me it is normal, just to watch him. I know it isn't parvo....? His puke consists of Saliva, the dog food, and water(sry for being graphic). I've tried changing his food, watching him drink the water so he doesn't drink too much, not letting him be rowdy right after eating.... What do I do?!? Everyone on here is so caring and informative, and I thought ya'll would be the best people to go to. Please help me out! What else could it be?!

2. Attila

Attila Guest

Limit his food to 1 1/2 cup at a time and 1 cup of water at a time till he learns control. Still keep the food to the recomended level for him and ration his water out to where he can't consume as much at one time. You may need to wet his food down then feed it to him as the dog food swells in the stomach otherwise and if he is woofing down too much at one time it can be dangerous. Limitations and control is what you need to apply.

3. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

Atilla's right. Legend use to do the same thing. So I broke his meals down to a couple of times a day and limited his water. and after every meal I would make him go lay down for about 20-30 minutes.

4. OhRex

OhRex Pup

Sheez, thanks. Why do they do that?!

5. Attila

Attila Guest

they learn it as a new born to compete for the food. Get it and get it down fash before the other littermates can.