1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What is a Razor's Edge dog to do?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Catch Dogs Inc, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

The only way that weight pulling could even come close to proving "gameness" is if you assaulted your dog while it is pulling.Hit it,pinch it,shoot it with a load of rocksalt, whatever,and if it ignores you and keeps pulling,it might got game.

2. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

"fact that ADBA pits starved and unheathly"
    that is not a fact.
    "who likes there animals ribs showing?"
    who likes 75 # monsters..? ;) PS- it says Pit Bull Comm. not monster UKC mutts- SO IF YA DONT LIKE OUR "RATS", y not go elsewhere, I dont bother u UKC cur dog owners.......
    "my dog can walk 4 hours without getting tired "
    says nothing about her gameness.
    "if the dog wasnt game she would just give up. DUH!. "
    lol, so ur sayin a St. Bernard is Game...... LOL, I beg to differ.
    "thats why they say its the best way to prove gamness other than fighting."
    LOL.. "they"
    "weight pulling is a greatest test in gamness since fighting"
    wrong, there is only one test for gameness (which is illegal now) weight pulling is simply a FUN activity to enjoy with any breed of dog, btw- APBT do not dominate the pulling world-
    "just face it im right "
    no, you are very prideful and ignorant to the world of the true APBT
    "ur stupidity offends me."
    your ignorance is imbarasing.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2005
  3. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Lol Yea he is all game at work.....

4. americandream

americandream Top Dog

o.k explain what you think game is. one test for gameness? what would that be? you think your sooo smart lets hear it..... explain all! the dogs i posted are UKC standard dogs...... they fit the standard. if you dont think so go to http://americanpitbullterrier.org and look at conformation.

5. The Watcher

as I already said, the test for Gamness is Illegal.
    ps I caught the link the first time.......;)
    dont come to a peaceful Pit Bull Comm. and start crap, are u fishing? Go find a forum with ur own kind ;)

6. americandream

americandream Top Dog

fighting is a test for gameness BECAUSE the dog does NOT give up no matter how long the fight has to be. do you know how hard it is to pull weight? the dog has to try so hard just to move that cart an inch but only the good GAME dogs dont give up. doesnt that make sence?

7. The Watcher

weight pulling is not a test for gameness, many breeds of dogs are used for pulling, the APBT is NOT at the top of the list.
    "but only the good GAME dogs dont give up."
    I will say it one more time, weight pulling IS NOT a test for gameness. It seems that it is a comforting though for some to say: "well he pulled weight, so he mus be game."
    the word "game" is reserved for a select few, PLEASE stop tossing it around lightly. Please stop comparing ur dogs to true game APBT's but, bashing them at the same time. Does that make sense?

8. RHI

RHI Big Dog

[QUOTE='PR'bootay]fighting is a test for gameness BECAUSE the dog does NOT give up no matter how long the fight has to be. do you know how hard it is to pull weight? the dog has to try so hard just to move that cart an inch but only the good GAME dogs dont give up. doesnt that make sence?[/QUOTE]
    The dogs not getting hurt though, a gamedog, will not quite, reguardless of how bad he is being "HURT" he will NOT quite no matter what the circurstances and how bad he is hurt or how bad he's loosing "IF" thats the case.....he's there for the duration, win or loose.....

9. CB

CB CH Dog

[QUOTE='PR'bootay]fighting is a test for gameness BECAUSE the dog does NOT give up no matter how long the fight has to be. do you know how hard it is to pull weight? the dog has to try so hard just to move that cart an inch but only the good GAME dogs dont give up. doesnt that make sence?[/QUOTE]They are not GAME. These people that are talking to you about the breed have been around these dogs for over 20 years. Im sure you been around it about not even 5 years. Its good your dog can pull weights. But does not in any way mean your dog is "Game". Dont act like you know more then people on her about the breed because you will your ass handed to you everytime. But im sure there is a nice AmStaff forum that would love to have you and your dog on there. But till then this a "starved rat" (in her words) forum nad ill stick here where the true breed is.

10. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

[QUOTE='PR'bootay]o.k explain what you think game is. one test for gameness? what would that be? you think your sooo smart lets hear it..... explain all! the dogs i posted are UKC standard dogs...... they fit the standard. if you dont think so go to http://americanpitbullterrier.org and look at conformation.[/QUOTE]
    I think Fifty said it very well for a true game bred APBT......It is my opinion many breeds of dogs can exhibit game at their chosen GAME. If a Blood Hound continues to track his target through extreme difficulty he is exhibiting game FOR A BLOOD HOUND - his game is finding things.

When and only when referring to pure game bred APBT, the only way to prove the dogs ability to be game is in the PIT....there are guidelines by which these dogs were standardized for this game. The message I am receiving is dogs that fall outside of the standard - defined for performing in the Pit, shouldn't be CALLED APBTs.

If the GAME is pulling, maybe an AM Staff can demonstrate his ability to not give up pulling....I'm not sure what that means but it is not even remotely related to the test of game for a pure game bred APBT. The test of game for an APBT pretty much weeded out the non-conformers (one might assume those that did not fall within the standard guidlines tended to be less successful than those that did), which were then NOT chosen for breeding. At least that is what the history indicates.

11. RollinRuger

RollinRuger Big Dog

12. The Watcher

13. americandream

americandream Top Dog

what only pit bulls could be considered game? they are dogs...... they are not some different animal. whaty do you mean you gotta be kidding? like i posted before i hate that kennel with a passion, but it has bit's pedigree on it...... or cant u read?

14. princess_koka

princess_koka Big Dog

[QUOTE='PR'bootay]my dog can walk 4 hours without getting tired shes 75 lbs hemphill/wallace. shes huge. and what you think is not game bred. but if she wasnt then could she be a hog baiter? or a weight puller? just because the dog is huge and there ribs are not showing doesnt mean they can exercise for hours and not be tired.[/QUOTE]
    Any pics of her?

15. RollinRuger

RollinRuger Big Dog

[QUOTE='PR'bootay]what only pit bulls could be considered game? they are dogs...... they are not some different animal. whaty do you mean you gotta be kidding? like i posted before i hate that kennel with a passion, but it has bit's pedigree on it...... or cant u read?[/QUOTE]
    I beleive its time for you to keep you wretchid little mouth shut and move on elsewhere to a group who will be as ignorant as you. They will except you and con"cur" (lol) with you statments like weight pulling is a modern day game test. They will also except that the ukc mutts are the real deal and be happy to discuss them with you. If you didn't notice this site is Game Dog.com not cur mutt .com so like i said unless you get off on argueing your wrong point its time to move on.

16. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

[QUOTE='PR'bootay]fighting is a test for gameness BECAUSE the dog does NOT give up no matter how long the fight has to be. do you know how hard it is to pull weight? the dog has to try so hard just to move that cart an inch but only the good GAME dogs dont give up. doesnt that make sence?[/QUOTE]

LMAO AllI have to say is,

PLEASE Show some CLASS.....

17. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Originally Posted by 'PR'bootay
    what only pit bulls could be considered game? they are dogs...... they are not some different animal. whaty do you mean you gotta be kidding? like i posted before i hate that kennel with a passion, but it has bit's pedigree on it...... or cant u read?

PR, I don't think we are talking about Pit Bulls, which I think today means a collection of breeds: Am Stfs, Staffy Bulls, APBT, Even Staffordshire Terriers, these folks are talking about APBTs ONLY when referring to game.

Not to be disrespectful, but your dog may be game for a BIG ASS 120 lb dog that competes in weight pulling-------BUT NOT GAME AS AN APBT IS MEASURED

The games are different and cannot be compared, therefore you can't compare the dogs, it's like trying to compare Joe Louis and Chuck Vogelpohl

18. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

[QUOTE='PR'bootay]what only pit bulls could be considered game? they are dogs...... they are not some different animal. whaty do you mean you gotta be kidding? like i posted before i hate that kennel with a passion, but it has bit's pedigree on it...... or cant u read?[/QUOTE]

You should rethink that last statement you made.. show a little civility towards Fifty.. he has way more respect on this board and amongst apbt owners everywhere ..

19. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I'm with you on this 100%.......Fifty is derserving of the utmost respect!

20. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

I myself agree.It's okay to state your opinions but do so in a mature respectable fashion.Dont bash another persons opinion just cuz ur heads in your ass.Frankly I dont appreciate you sayin"They all look like drowned rats"sorry to bringing that back up but it caught my eye.Fifty is a very resourcefull person he's organizing a relief effort for the victims of Katrina and he's full of helpfull info.if you took a second to try & learn/understand you would see this.No disrepect but you should think before you just call someone's dogs starved drowning rats.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.