1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What is a Razor's Edge dog to do?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Catch Dogs Inc, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. americandream

americandream Top Dog

2. CB

CB CH Dog

I was just trying to look for that picture. Now that is my idea of a true and coditioned American Pit Bull Terrier.

3. CB

CB CH Dog

[QUOTE='PR'bootay]k go to http://coldsteelkennels.com and click britney. shes also on a pit bull movie http://americanpitbullterrier.org/pitbull_content.html how am i gunna offend people? cuz im standing up for UKC dogs? 120lbs blues? i think not. besides pit bulls can be blue, and they are the prettiest color iv seen on a pit bull. i have seen my dogs pedigree back to the 1870's she is pure and shes not a mutt.[/QUOTE]Well if this is true show us the Ped. And alot of the blue's you see now these days are not APBT they are mixed with some other breed. But there are some game blue's i forgot who the first were and im sure some people can fill you in on that. A REAL APBT hsould be around 30-70 pounds correct me if im wrong. But i say you should stay on this site a while longer to learn about the breed as i have. But it has been a good debate on what you think of a APBT is and what i think a real APBT is. Im going to bed because it is 4:00 Am. Hope we can continue this tommorow but im pretty sure there will be alot of post on this board but PM if you want to further the convo.

4. Dpres1

Dpres1 Big Dog

Congratulations! Pretty much every dog on there is overweight. Those dogs look nothing like Gr Ch Buck (which the UKC standard was based loosely on)

5. americandream

americandream Top Dog

that dog has no body fat at all...... u think this is heathy? ask any vet they will say under weight. if a person had no body fat at all what would happen?? this dog has muscles...... most ADBA dogs iv seen have non.. wich is why they look so under weight. if this dog had half the muscles he does.... he would look like all the other ADBA dogs.

6. americandream

americandream Top Dog

every dog on where? coldsteel? ya i hate that kennel with a passion. britney lost 7 pounds since i got her. they breed for money. they dont show, or anything.

7. Dpres1

Dpres1 Big Dog

I'm afraid this arguement is going nowhere. We won't be able to convince you and vice versa. You seem to be into a different "style of Pit Bull" ;) As all the dogs you seem to think are at healthy weights are from 70-100 lbs (as provided by your link). We can agree to disagree. Good night
    Dante

8. americandream

americandream Top Dog

no a dog is at a heathy weight when you can feel the ribs but are barley or not showing at all. i didnt mention that the dogs on my link are this or that, it was only for you to see the pedigree. this is my idea of a flawless APBT.....

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2005
  9. americandream

americandream Top Dog

more good pics of healthy dogs.....

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2005
  10. PHILA APBT

PHILA APBT Banned

[QUOTE='PR'bootay]no a dog is at a heathy weight when you can feel the ribs but are barley or not showing at all. i didnt mention that the dogs on my link are this or that, it was only for you to see the pedigree. this is my idea of a flawless APBT.....[/QUOTE]I was trying not to say anything but I have too....

Your idea of "flawless" apbt's is nothing more than that "am staff" show crap. Just because your like your dog's clearly over weight does not mean you rant and rant on shoving pictures in our faces with dogs that are not even clearly standard. So what, you think condisioned dogs are "skinny bags of bones". I tell you one thing, a condisioned dog can push its self 5 times as hard then your so called "healthy" dogs.

Its one thing to not like something and understand it. Its one thing to not like something and REFUSE to understand it. Dont believe everything you read or hear. Last year, someone told me my pup was game because he barks at dogs. And as a newbie to the breed, I believed it:rolleyes:

11. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

[QUOTE='PR'bootay]. read in any weight pull magazine...... weight pulling is a greatest test in gamness ...[/QUOTE]

Wow..So if you read it in a magazine its the truth? That means Elivs is alive and at Burger King with JFK... and that Bat Boy and Big Foot are roommates:

The original topic of this dicussion was not does weight pull prove gameness. First off, Since YOU havent the slightest clue on the "Game type" apbts, you dont own them, condition them (and dogs are not humans, so you cannot compare our body fat to theirs..) or live it, you have no right to base your assumptions on just a look..

And how dare u throw a picture of Colby's pinscher up here without knowing the facts. The Fact is Dogs back then were taken down in weight ALOT more than dogs of today. That picture shows him with winter fat not at a conditioned weight as the cold of the eastern states required more weight to be put on during the winter.. He was 75 onthe chian, he was taken down in weight considerebly more .. 56 pounds to be exact. So that means he had a few ribs showing...
    Galvins pup was alos a very little dog ;)

Which leads to my next and final point.. The APBT was never bred to be a carbon copy cookie cutter dog. Yes there is an ideal standard.. but it is the heart of these dogs that make them the dogs they are. WORKING Working dogs arent based off of an visual opinion, they are based off their ablitiy to preform at the task THE BREED HAS BEEN DESIGNED FOR. Which sorry to say, isnt weight pulling, showing, schutzhund, agility..

So please get back on topic. The topic is why didnt my larger dog place at an ADBA show and get a second look.. which i explained. Judges dont know breedings of the dogs.. they are simply basing the dog against others in the class agaisnt the conformation standard set forth by the registry. Not every judge is gonna like your dog... They take your money..so who's the bigger sucker?? You for letting them??

The Watcher likes this.
  12. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I was trying not to say anything but I have too....

Your idea of "flawless" apbt's is nothing more than that "am staff" show crap.

I'm glad you said it, cause that is exactly what I was thinkin when I was looking at the pictures. I don't subscribe to the "crap" part as I have an Am Staff, she is simply a different breed of dog, ironically she is too small and skinny for her breed standard. In general this is what is expected of an AmStf:

An American Staffordshire Terrier should give the impression of great strength for his size, a well put together dog, muscular but agile, keenly alive to his surroundings. He should be stocky, not long-leeged or racy in outline.

SIZE - Males measure about 19 inches at the shoulder, females about 18 inches. Weight ranges from 50 to 75 lbs

13. GaDog

GaDog Big Dog

Well well well, looks like another dead end thread! You got ams and I got pits. My dog is better than yer dog. It really does sound alittle like a grammar school play ground. My dog is better than your dog, my dogs better than yours, my dogs better cause he eats kennel rations my dogs better than yours. Are yall not tired of this crap yet? I am and I love to argue, mr dog leaving was a big lose. But some of these arguement must be made by the bored and some by the uninformed, and it is borrrrriiinnngggg.
    Hey thats my 2 cents worth.

14. KnottyBoyNC

KnottyBoyNC Big Dog

Everybody no need to argue with him.....We all need to chip in a buy him a Mastiff and help him start his own site about em. For him or whoever to even say a dog pulling weights is gameness is pure dumbness. I definitely would've loved to see one of those dogs pulling weights towards Chinaman. I bet he would pull the hell out of those weights going the other way....thats all i will say 4 now

15. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

Lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Okay I gotta say this from a beginners point of view. And from someone who is still learning what I like. I think for what the breed is used for now a days that "starved rat" look is better. Lets say you have two draft horses one pure muscle (with muscled ribs, because I believe that the ribs that you say are showing are more than likely covered with muscle) and one with more fat and some muscle. Which would you beat on to pull weight? (I'm not comparing draft horses to these dogs, I think it is the same with any animal). Like per say, my boyfriend is small (128 lbs and 5'6) very thin but nothing but muscle from moving stuff all day everydady (he is a mover) and he has shown up bigger guys (not saying that a bigger guys couldn't outlift him because there is always someone better). He has stay power to pull off double shifts at his work, as some of the other guys have quit and went home. I want my pup to looked like a drowned rat because I wanna do weight pull. (I know it is to soon). If those dogs were starved they wouldn't have muscling period. I believe they were bred to look like that because my female was just used for light exercise and she turned out all muscular. As greyhounds are normally "skinny" because they were bred that way.
    [​IMG]
    This is a starved Pit Bull. Notice that it has no muscling and all of it's ribs are showing.

17. GaDog

GaDog Big Dog

looks pretty game for a bowl of food

18. B

B CH Dog

[QUOTE='PR'bootay]k go to http://coldsteelkennels.com and click britney. shes also on a pit bull movie http://americanpitbullterrier.org/pitbull_content.html how am i gunna offend people? cuz im standing up for UKC dogs? 120lbs blues? i think not. besides pit bulls can be blue, and they are the prettiest color iv seen on a pit bull. i have seen my dogs pedigree back to the 1870's she is pure and shes not a mutt.[/QUOTE]
    You are VERY naive if you believe a piece of paper! Dogs are not always bred how they are advertised and to think otherwise is foolish. It is obvious that you have a lot to learn.

B

19. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

big dogs tend to llazy

20. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Defend2DaEnd---whoohooo your boyfriend got game LMAO Just Kidding....;):)
    I applaud you on a very well written post:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.